Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

Ark Survival Evolved has one more DLC on its way and then the story is over. But what does this mean for Ark Survival Evolved? Will there be an Ark 2? What do we expect of it? Should it be another sandbox with an unimportant story in the background? or do we want to be submerge in a story as we share the content of this great game with our friends?

I think Ark Survival Evolved  has gotten many things right like an incredible amount of content to keep us busy playing, an interesting  yet simple dino breeding/leveling up system, and an incredible building system which let us imagine and create things right in front of our eyes (obviously the building system has problems but we cant ignore everything it allows us to do).  Ark has done a pretty amazing job as an open world sandbox where 70 players get to meet from all around the world and build/collaborate together to have an amazing time but i think we can all agree that ark is missing one thing... to submerge the players with the world it has.

Sandboxes last as long as there are things to do but when there is nothing left to do, why stay?

I think that is perhaps the one question that Ark Survival Evolved creators never asked themselves.

Obviously all things must come to an end but i think there should be a clear path from beginning to end to have some character development or at least to tell the story it wants to tell. Those random notes are a lazy job to tell the game's story and clearly the cave design is weak as there is no wistful feeling of the story being told as you walk inside them to get the artifacts to do the bosses( Bosses which have no big part of the story ingame). There is no sense of wonder inside the caves nor in the maps...but i think with all this content created by Ark, Ark 2 has all the elements to make for an excellent game without the "BUT" issues Ark Survival Evolved has always carried in its shoulders.

Things we should expect of ARK2:

1. To immerse the players with the story ingame (Use the map to tell the story...not unorganized notes spread around the map). 

2.  ALL tools create it for the characters must work properly. Many tools that would submerge us more into the survival aspect of the game are lost as tools that are intended to be use for such specific situations do not work properly leaving players with no other option but to turn night into day with gamma 5.  Even inside caves such tools don't work properly ...which take the sense of terror off the caves.

3.  Compressing dinos to store them inside of something like a pokeball or a talisman would be nice. I think that would be a good thing to allow more to focus on maybe interior design instead of taking giant parts of the map to just store dinos. Sometimes less is more...

4. PvE shouldnt exist. Perhaps there should be Neutral parts of the map where you have your things...and have a line where all hell brakes lose if you cross it. Very much like Tom Clancy's the division. 

5. Tribe perks and Solo perks. (there should be a clear difference in being a solo player than a tribe player in gameplay).

6. Character customization. ARk has the worst character customization ever...let's all agree that it can be improved! we all look like people with elephantiasis. Just BAD!

7.  More diversity in Armors/Weapons (hide,cloth,flak, riot, and tek should be the basic types of armors we should have). WE should have many types of cloth armors, many types of hide armor, and many types of other armors. Just makes the characters more individual and unique. Everyone should have its own personality that matches a unique looking armor. 

8. Sponsored mods should be implemented quicker to the main official servers. It is pretty incredible that ark has sponsored so many great mods that are not part of official.

Well, this is what i think i am expecting or Ark 2. Clearly i like ark but i hate the fact that there is a big fat BUT always attached to it. I think Ark 2 has a good chance to be great without the big fat BUT...but only the future will tell.

Archived