Can you transfer old characters to fresh servers?

Spiret

Guest DJRone89
Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

And you have the tendency to not read what people say and make assumptions.

As I recall, you said you wanted to punch someone in the face for not agreeing with you on another post. Everyone is wrong, only I am right, but why does no one help me when I ask for it?

Just now, DJRone89 said:

As I recall, you said you wanted to punch someone in the face for not agreeing with you on another post. Everyone is wrong, only I am right, but why does no one help me when I ask for it?

LOL..... Like the time I said if you have no internet or put your console offline, you can't use the admin commands and you told me I was wrong.

I know you can't transfer characters, items or dinos to the new servers for 60 days, but it does say uploads are enabled. Can you transfer things out to your other servers? And if you do transfer a character out, wouldn't it barred from transferring back in and be effectively locked out? So, is it possible to transfer dinos/items out, and if so, how can you do it without losing your character on that serve? Thanks.

• Volunteer Moderator

Stop arguing in here please.

It is quite clear when @Spiret said Official not Legacy she speaks like most others and refers to the NEW (post-release) servers as Official servers, and all the OLD (pre-release) servers as Legacy servers.

Yes all New and Legacy servers are Official servers, but when refering to them they are either referred to as Official or Legacy. Legacy are not referred to as Official as it is to distinguish between the two sets of servers. You can't refer to the post-release ones as New servers anymore because they are not new, they are old, so everyone says either Official or Legacy depending on which they are referring to.

So lets stop taking this down the route of the LITERAL meaning of Official because that is NOT what Spiret was meaning.

Actually the problem is we can't transfert our character to fresh server but when the fresh server are released a lot of player upload their characters on fresh server so now we have a lot of lvl 100+ players with tekgram on fresh server and new me and my mates are only lvl 50 because we can't upload our characters so please do something...

42 minutes ago, Sparkuggz said:

Actually the problem is we can't transfert our character to fresh server but when the fresh server are released a lot of player upload their characters on fresh server so now we have a lot of lvl 100+ players with tekgram on fresh server and new me and my mates are only lvl 50 because we can't upload our characters so please do something...

I say report them. It's clear that the intentions of the fresh servers was a fresh start for new and rebuilding players. It's also clear that they saw a vulnerability and exploited it.

I would report and ask that their character be removed or deleted to keep the spirit of a true fresh start server.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jatheish said:

Unfortunately, due to the way the CrossARK system works, that wouldn't be able to work. Alternatively, we could set these up as a unique network and merge them into the main one after 60 days. I certainly see where you're coming from with wanting to transfer between other fresh servers. I'll bring it up to the team and see what they think. 

Please let us know what the team decides...

13 hours ago, Jatheish said:

For now, we'll be keeping them as is, with no transfers in or making them a separate cluster. The feedback is noted now and we'll take it into consideration when launching new servers.

Yeah Jat, that makes perfect sense, just like keeping TEA in the official network. In july, when people come in with reapers, I'll be sure to use my plant Z fruits to dismount them. OH WAIT, I WONT BE ABLE TO.

But surely "the customer comes first" right?....

On 5/5/2018 at 3:16 AM, Jatheish said:

For now, we'll be keeping them as is, with no transfers in or making them a separate cluster. The feedback is noted now and we'll take it into consideration when launching new servers.

Also a very clever way to get people, for example, in Ragnarok to not be able to build any tek structures, can't do broodmother in Rag can we? We will totally be on par with the official network!

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Jatheish said:

Unfortunately, due to the way the CrossARK system works, that wouldn't be able to work. Alternatively, we could set these up as a unique network and merge them into the main one after 60 days. I certainly see where you're coming from with wanting to transfer between other fresh servers. I'll bring it up to the team and see what they think. 

So what did they say?

Archived