Can you transfer old characters to fresh servers?

Spiret

16 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

If you mean can you transfer your legacy character to the new clusters no. They are all their own cluster and don't have any connections to the legacy servers.

Yeah I don't mean that. I meant that can we transfer our old characters from official servers to the new fresh servers that are also official that were released earlier today.

How ridiculous is this? We're suposed to build up say, on Island, without acess to ragna/scorched/aberration??? What was going through your minds when you made that decision??? I thought it was going to work as a bigger Cross-Ark, untill July, which would have been great, but we can't even transfer between the fresh servers... What a joke.

12 minutes ago, potato140 said:

but peter they should allow downloads between the fresh servers...

Apologies, I misread what you wrote before. I don't see why that would be an issue. Perhaps they didn't want to invest time into making that possible?

I don't have an answer on that one, perhaps @Jatheish or @Eli can explain why that is done? If already explained I haven't seen an explanation for it anywhere else prior.

• Administrator

Unfortunately, due to the way the CrossARK system works, that wouldn't be able to work. Alternatively, we could set these up as a unique network and merge them into the main one after 60 days. I certainly see where you're coming from with wanting to transfer between other fresh servers. I'll bring it up to the team and see what they think. 

1 minute ago, Spiret said:

No they're not bud. Legacy servers are their own cluster. I'm talking about the official server cluster.

Whether they are their own cluster or not, makes no difference.

They are not run or maintained by players, they are run and maintained by Wildcard. Official servers are defined as run by the developers, therefore Legacy servers while being run and maintained by Wildcard fall under the umbrella of Official Servers.

If you want more confirmation, then you can read this thread that explains to those who don't understand the difference.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1473096694442017717/

1 minute ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Whether they are their own cluster or not, makes no difference.

They are not run or maintained by players, they are run and maintained by Wildcard. Official servers are defined as run by the developers, therefore Legacy servers while being run and maintained by Wildcard fall under the umbrella of Official Servers.

If you want more confirmation, then you can read this thread that explains to those who don't understand the difference.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1473096694442017717/

Okay they may be official servers under Wildcard but I think you're missing the point in what I was asking originally. I'm specifically talking about the official server cluster, not the legacy server cluster. Legacy servers are just called legacy servers. The official server cluster are called official servers... as most people use to mention them.

16 minutes ago, Spiret said:

Okay they may be official servers under Wildcard but I think you're missing the point in what I was asking originally. I'm specifically talking about the official server cluster, not the legacy server cluster. Legacy servers are just called legacy servers. The official server cluster are called official servers... as most people use to mention them.

No, I am not missing the point. I just have nothing more to add to what others have already said.

It just irks me when I see people not know the difference between Official and UnOfficial servers.

Legacy Servers are still Official Servers, whether you care to admit that or not.

41 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

No, I am not missing the point. I just have nothing more to add to what others have already said.

It just irks me when I see people not know the difference between Official and UnOfficial servers.

Legacy Servers are still Official Servers, whether you care to admit that or not.

Except I never talked about unofficial servers but whatever.

Just now, Spiret said:

I simply meant Legacy servers are referred to as legacy servers as official servers are meant to official servers. They are not used interchangeably.

No, Official Legacy is the correct term. Using the word Official, still means Legacy as well. And that is where confusion arises.

I mean I play on Official Servers as well, just because I play on Official Legacy, doesn't mean I don't play on Official Servers.

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Spiret said:

I simply meant Legacy servers are referred to as legacy servers as official servers are meant to official servers. They are not used interchangeably.

You’re wasting your time arguing with this guy. They have a tendency to speak condescending to everyone.

Archived