PC Maintenance & Enforcement Action discussion

ilidrael

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

I hope that once they have done with all the PVP servers they go tidy up the PVE servers, i know not as big an issue as PVP but it would still be nice to see all the spawn blocks/ pillar and foundation trolls and huge blocking bases removed :)

I have to agree here. I hope the give PVE servers the same as there given PVP..May not be a bigger issue on PVE to PVP but theres still cheaters on PVE that need to go.

Ark was better of fixing all there issue to start with then doing a full server wipe from PVP to PVE. Then removeing the bad players from a clean server. I think right now on PVP server cheating went on far to long to really tell who did what and who cheated this that and so on...Let's face it everyone trades even on PVP server someone who didn't cheat will end up getting ban or wipe for just tradeing with cheated items and i find that a little unfair....

I feel really bad for the PVP players who work for there stuff...

But i hope PVE gets this to on pc-xbox-ps4

8 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

The fact that we are on a thread talking about how they investigated and responded to cheaters makes your statement pretty silly.  So much pointless salt.

2 years after countless tribes were meshed and millions of mats were duped. On just one platform.  Yeah they are doing a real good job. Let's see how they keep it up lol

The amnesty really made me mad earlier in the year, its good WC are finally taking action, these tribes were warned and still carried on cheating, amnesty didn't work obviously, cheats always gonna cheat, right now many of these cheats are making/buying new accounts, I dont see why they cant be perma banned. 

WC need to understand these cheaters are very salty people and will cheat again and make life hell for new players and try to destroy the user experience for all legit players. 

1 hour ago, WClovescheaters said:

The amnesty really made me mad earlier in the year, its good WC are finally taking action, these tribes were warned and still carried on cheating, amnesty didn't work obviously, cheats always gonna cheat, right now many of these cheats are making/buying new accounts, I dont see why they cant be perma banned. 

WC need to understand these cheaters are very salty people and will cheat again and make life hell for new players and try to destroy the user experience for all legit players. 

Maybe wildcard should fix their game then because you are 100% right 

3 hours ago, AngryGamer666 said:

I hope that once they have done with all the PVP servers they go tidy up the PVE servers, i know not as big an issue as PVP but it would still be nice to see all the spawn blocks/ pillar and foundation trolls and huge blocking bases removed :)

What do you mean by "huge blocking bases"? You can already report anything that blocks resource spawns purposefully or blocks access to anything that would impede gameplay and the GMs do a good job removing them if they are an actual violation. As far as a lot of the pillars you will find they are there to protect spawns or resources from the people who would be trolls and block them or the new players who would build on them without realizing they are blocking said spawn.

2 hours ago, WClovescheaters said:

The problem really ends up being that those tribes they provided amnesty to, and the tribes they banned today, are some of the same tribes they have banned at least, literally, 9-12 times in the past year. That's without counting the dozens of dev wipes and bans earned by those tribes before the "New servers". 

Wildcard doesn't enforce their own rule set in a consistent and timely enough manner. Now, they did wipe some of the servers (Not remotely near all of them) and ban some of the cheaters (Not all of them), but the problem is they do it so sporadically and rarely, that it has absolutely no impact on official servers. All of the wiped stuff can be reduped in a couple days. The dinos are safe with bloodlines stashed on servers that didn't get wiped. Ark game keys are like 10$. 10$ to cheat and run rampant in Ark for 6 months is a pretty good deal. 

Wildcard never learned how to really implement a zero tolerance policy. That's the biggest downfall of Official PvP. Nothing else. Except maybe actually fixing the exploits like duping, but I have more sympathy for that then not banning known cheaters as they stream the game for 8 hours a day for years. 

Okay I was not part of the tribes that got banned/Dev wiped for this and this video is 100% correct every time you log into this server it ends up going down soon as u destroy anything because the tribe there takes the server down to roll it back! This tribe is known as TEA, even on our alliance server list it lists to not attack this server as u will lose your character if u do... so what does this tell you, other than TEA is a cheating group that is paying someone at WC off.

12 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

What a load of malarkey.  Every banned cheater always claims they didn't do it and someone else does but didn't get banned.  Like. Every. Time.  There is no proof of anything in this video, just baseless claims that someone has a "pocket dev", that WC is corrupt, etc.  I see zero reason that I should believe randos and people that got banned for cheating over WC.  

WC inspected the servers and made their determinations based on what was there, after receiving claims and evidence from people reporting the behavior.  End of story.

If you think you have proof of anyone else cheating then submit it to WC and they will investigate and respond if there is anything there.

27 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Maybe Tea snitched on the others. Dogging out your competitors may seem like a good move, but now everybody will want to dog pile on you.

The main problem with that is that these "strange" situations have happened over and over again.

Mainly speaking, the players want answers to a couple things, but I can sum them up in about two points:

Why was TEA granted amnesty on three separate occasions (This one, and another incident that occurred where they were recorded for about three weeks using aimbots constantly on two servers)

Why are TEA's bases rolled back by developers after being wiped (Happened two or three separate times, by both players and developers)

TEA has only really existed for about 4 months in the "Popular" light, and the biggest problem is that they appear to have Wildcard in their pockets. Their enemies are consistently banned, their bases are constantly rolled back whenever they are attacked, their servers go down when capped out of their favor, they use Aimbot  blatantly (If you want clips, PM me, I can provide over a dozen, as well as the reddit thread they are documented in), they build and raid from under the mesh. Etc

It just seems strange that everyone *but TEA* is being banned/wiped for cheating, and not for the first time either. 

I hope one day wildcard get buy out by another compagny than TEA and they fired all the useless paid under the table dev ? This business is a real joke. They are killing official pvp so hard lol. Everyone know 1 tribe is the ultimate cheating tribe and nothing get done about it, that how stupid this game is and I hope they run in the hole soon. The game is awesome its just the trash dev that is destroying it. ?

2 minutes ago, iimarty said:

I hope one day wildcard get buy out by another compagny than TEA and they fired all the useless paid under the table dev ? This business is a real joke. They are killing official pvp so hard lol. Everyone know 1 tribe is the ultimate cheating tribe and nothing get done about it, that how stupid this game is and I hope they run in the hole soon. The game is awesome its just the trash dev that is destroying it. ?

Official PvP has been dead for years. It's been years since they were taken over by "The cheating tribe". 

42 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I wonder how they managed to hamstring Wildcard into being their pets. There's a difference between caring, and being too personal.

I doubt anyone will *really* know, but they are on record as having offered to buy different tribes on several occasions. 

They seem to act like they have large sums of money to throw around (They offered one mega-tribe 10 grand for owner on two of their servers). If that's not a bluff, then Wildcard being a business, undoubtedly has a price. That being said, it is a bit farfetched, but given the fact that Wildcard has said and done absolutely nothing, with only the farfetched being feasible, what else do we have?

7 hours ago, Sphere said:

Maybe Wildcard is Tea. xD

I actually entertained this idea much more then I really should have. It makes quite a bit of sense overall, well, more sense then the only alternatives (IE That the tribe in question has Wildcard on leash for some reason).

One of the biggest problems in Ark in general has always been that the devs don't play it. One of the biggest problems with PvP, particularly Official PvP, is that they have obviously never played either Official or PvP. At all. 

Assuming they set up the tribe as some kind of experiment/undercover ninja stuff means they're playing and competing using their admin powers (Mainly cheats), in order to catch and punish cheaters they run across. If that's the case, a lot of stuff makes sense. Why they don't say anything. Why the tribe in question seems to have admin powers, etc. 

It really doesn't matter.  SOP for Wildcard is to buckle down under a rock until the plebs stop complaining about their action--or in this case, inaction--regarding their decisions.  This is why I stopped playing on official servers.  You want to hurt Tea?  You stop playing official servers.  When their list of targets completely dries up, they'll move on to unofficial servers, and enjoy some bans that way.

Wildcard has given the playerbase the way to play the game with some semblance of competence and transparency in the form of the unofficial servers.  People need to use them at this point.

1 hour ago, Spectre06 said:

It really doesn't matter.  SOP for Wildcard is to buckle down under a rock until the plebs stop complaining about their action--or in this case, inaction--regarding their decisions.  This is why I stopped playing on official servers.  You want to hurt Tea?  You stop playing official servers.  When their list of targets completely dries up, they'll move on to unofficial servers, and enjoy some bans that way.

Wildcard has given the playerbase the way to play the game with some semblance of competence and transparency in the form of the unofficial servers.  People need to use them at this point.

Hurt Wildcard by allowing them to shut down the servers they're hosting due to inactivity and save money?

To be honest, I don't think anything we do aside from complain incessantly will affect Wildcard in the least (At least until the next DLC comes out, then we can vote with our wallets), if they cared about their official playerbase to begin with, things would never have gotten to this point. 

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

To be honest, I don't think anything we do aside from complain incessantly will affect Wildcard in the least (At least until the next DLC comes out, then we can vote with our wallets), if they cared about their official playerbase to begin with, things would never have gotten to this point. 

That's just it, even if we complain incessantly, what happens?  We get posts like this by Right Hand in which he insults the players for textually voicing their complaints about bugs that aren't fixed.  We get posts like this and this from Jen in which she engages in circular logic.  We get promises that are never delivered on by Jeremy on a near weekly basis.  And they'll inundate you with "NEW DLC OMG BUY IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while ignoring glaring deficiencies in the game and coding until they can't sweep it under the rug anymore.

How long has undermeshing been a thing?  Why hasn't it been fixed?  The answer is because they don't know how to.  What about duping?  Try as they might to tell us it's been fixed, part of why Spartans left was because it hadn't been, Wildcard knows this, and they haven't fixed it.

They got stupid amounts of backlash after the "amnesty" in February, and now they're "banning" people who didn't listen...all while leaving untouched one of the largest contributors to the poopty "official" server situation.  165 was wiped, only to be rolled back and bans overturned.  Why?

In the future, Ark is going to be a case study in how not to make a game, and Wildcard will be an example of how not to run a company.  Certainly, it'll be an example of why you don't let the Chinese buy out your company.

1 minute ago, Spectre06 said:

That's just it, even if we complain incessantly, what happens?  We get posts like this by Right Hand in which he insults the players for textually voicing their complaints about bugs that aren't fixed.  We get posts like this and this from Jen in which she engages in circular logic.  We get promises that are never delivered on by Jeremy on a near weekly basis.  And they'll inundate you with "NEW DLC OMG BUY IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while ignoring glaring deficiencies in the game and coding until they can't sweep it under the rug anymore.

How long has undermeshing been a thing?  Why hasn't it been fixed?  The answer is because they don't know how to.  What about duping?  Try as they might to tell us it's been fixed, part of why Spartans left was because it hadn't been, Wildcard knows this, and they haven't fixed it.

They got stupid amounts of backlash after the "amnesty" in February, and now they're "banning" people who didn't listen...all while leaving untouched one of the largest contributors to the poopty "official" server situation.  165 was wiped, only to be rolled back and bans overturned.  Why?

In the future, Ark is going to be a case study in how not to make a game, and Wildcard will be an example of how not to run a company.  Certainly, it'll be an example of why you don't let the Chinese buy out your company.

Having every major forum/community discussion outlet basically rioting every couple months makes for some pretty solid negative press. Posts like yours are why maybe someone doesn't buy the game, who might have bought it if they hadn't seen the reviews by people playing the game. 

It's not a lot, but it's about the only way to influence Wildcard at all. Given, they've completely ignored the community up to this point, and show no real intention of changing that policy, it's all we have the  power to do. 

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Having every major forum/community discussion outlet basically rioting every couple months makes for some pretty solid negative press. Posts like yours are why maybe someone doesn't buy the game, who might have bought it if they hadn't seen the reviews by people playing the game. 

It's not a lot, but it's about the only way to influence Wildcard at all. Given, they've completely ignored the community up to this point, and show no real intention of changing that policy, it's all we have the  power to do. 

They don't get negative press, though.  Everyone's harping on about how innovative and great Ark is, and sucking Wildcard's collective microcyphallic sausages, and ignoring the glaring issues in the game.  Even when they do mention it, it's glossed over, both by the publications and the company.  "Yeah, we made some mistakes and we'll learn when we make Ark 2, but until then deal with it."

The only way negative press happens is when low-subscriber content creators like myself make a video on a subject, in which we get rightfully heated because the company doesn't give a damn.  And when we do and promote it/advertise it, it's downvoted into oblivion by the white knights who don't like the negative exposure, and the company itself.  We also deal with constant insults against us because we refuse to toe the line and promote the game positively.  Case in point, this is my most recent advertisement of my most recent video, and all it is is a bunch of low-intellect people telling me I don't know what I'm talking about...when they provide nothing to justify what they claim.

1 minute ago, Spectre06 said:

They don't get negative press, though.  Everyone's harping on about how innovative and great Ark is, and sucking Wildcard's collective microcyphallic sausages, and ignoring the glaring issues in the game.  Even when they do mention it, it's glossed over, both by the publications and the company.  "Yeah, we made some mistakes and we'll learn when we make Ark 2, but until then deal with it."

The only way negative press happens is when low-subscriber content creators like myself make a video on a subject, in which we get rightfully heated because the company doesn't give a damn.  And when we do and promote it/advertise it, it's downvoted into oblivion by the white knights who don't like the negative exposure, and the company itself.  We also deal with constant insults against us because we refuse to toe the line and promote the game positively.  Case in point, this is my most recent advertisement of my most recent video, and all it is is a bunch of low-intellect people telling me I don't know what I'm talking about...when they provide nothing to justify what they claim.

I dunno mate. I look at any community outlet for Wildcard at any given time, and I almost always see threads flaming Wildcard, upvoted and constantly present.

Sure, Wildcard and fans of the game will do everything they can to bury the negative, but the negative still exists. There was a post made by a PR guy from Valve, if I recall correctly, that every piece of negative review/media, takes 9-10 pieces of positive review/rep to eclipse. I don't know how accurate that is, but I'll be honest, if I look at reviews for games like Ark, and all the positive reviews are by people with less then 100 hours in the game, and all the 1k+ hour reviews are negative, even if they do bury the negatives, I see them more then the positives. That's kind of where Ark is right now. 

It's a thankless thing to do, and you will have little to no individual impact. You will never know if someone avoids Ark because of your honest reviews. But it's all you can do, and to be frank, I've been doing it for months. I don't make youtube videos, I don't QQ on twitch/in game. I provide an honest review and reaction to Wildcard, their actions and the game. I get flamed for it all the time. I've been banned from various streams/sites for voicing my opinions. But in the end, it's the only thing you can do, to have even the smallest amount of influence on Wildcard. I do it gladly because Ark is one of my favorite games, of literally all time. Seeing it being ruined by devs who, for whatever reason, literally do not care about the game, makes me sad, angry and disappointed. This is all anyone can do. 

Alliances on both sides were shocked when TEA didn't get touched. Anyone that has griefed or raided them know what to expect :D 

More of the same going on on server 155 today. Strike one, strike two, strike three you're oooooo strike four, str...... :D 

Watch the streamers on twitch and see it all live for yourself.

8 hours ago, Armadatiny said:

Alliances on both sides were shocked when TEA didn't get touched. Anyone that has griefed or raided them know what to expect :D 

More of the same going on on server 155 today. Strike one, strike two, strike three you're oooooo strike four, str...... :D 

Watch the streamers on twitch and see it all live for yourself.

I really wish WC would just come out and say something about it. I turned on a stream for about five minutes before realizing that nothing had changed and turning it off. At this point I really am starting to believe some of the reddit conspiracies about WC being unable to do anything to TEA due to TEA having some kind of undue influence on them. 

Archived