PC Maintenance & Enforcement Action discussion

ilidrael

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We realize that innocent players will be caught up in the enforcement of our Code of Conduct. Unfortunately, there is no perfect “silver bullet” solution as we work to improve our game in this regard. We apologize for any loss and inconvenience that this may cause, but feel that it is a necessary side effect of enforcing our rules. We will continue to do our best to ensure that ARK remains a fair, fun, and competitive environment for all.  "

The quote above is from the "enforcement" thread . 

They admitted innocent players will be caught up in their sweeps even tho they follow the "CoC"(code of conduct) and will ban them even when no wrong was done . This in itself should show what wildcard thinks of their customer base that made them who they are today .

Note that iam not referring to the cheaters as they DO need to be banned/barred but ONLY the cheaters period not players that had nothing to do with offending the "CoC"

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

"We realize that innocent players will be caught up in the enforcement of our Code of Conduct. Unfortunately, there is no perfect “silver bullet” solution as we work to improve our game in this regard. We apologize for any loss and inconvenience that this may cause, but feel that it is a necessary side effect of enforcing our rules. We will continue to do our best to ensure that ARK remains a fair, fun, and competitive environment for all.  "

The quote above is from the "enforcement" thread . 

They admitted innocent players will be caught up in their sweeps even tho they follow the "CoC"(code of conduct) and will ban them even when no wrong was done . This in itself should show what wildcard thinks of their customer base that made them who they are today .

Note that iam not referring to the cheaters as they DO need to be banned/barred but ONLY the cheaters period not players that had nothing to do with offending the "CoC"

It's more that innocent people who are breeding their dinos, or were in the middle of a boss fight, out in the fields harvesting etc. would (not surprisingly) possibly lose out on imprints, die to the boss, die to random dinos, etc. while the issue is being resolved and wrongdoers are being punished as innocent and guilty parties all do not have access to the servers while the sweep is ongoing.

Enforcing the rules only makes the community healthier in the long run.  If you lose babies during the process and are not guilty that really sucks, but maybe open a ticket and get help.

People saying WC doesn't care because they are enforcing..  Before people saying WC doesn't care because they only warned..  Give it a rest already.

To those that gambled and lost by using exploits, tough you know whats.  Brought it on yourself.

1 hour ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

Enforcing the rules only makes the community healthier in the long run.  If you lose babies during the process and are not guilty that really sucks, but maybe open a ticket and get help.

People saying WC doesn't care because they are enforcing..  Before people saying WC doesn't care because they only warned..  Give it a rest already.

To those that gambled and lost by using exploits, tough you know whats.  Brought it on yourself.

The problem is that the bus you are trying to sell to us, has already passed.

Wildcard "Rule Enforcement" happens 4-6 months at a time, banning/wiping random servers and people from those tribes. They never ban all of them, nor delete all their assets. It's more like a "Soft wipe". The banning doesn't really hurt anyone (Basically means like a 5-10$ subscription to Ark every 4-6 months), and wiping servers has no impact when you can just dupe literally everything back in a day. 

Enforcing rules in a consistent and timely manner is what makes a community healthier. Not sporadically, randomly and selectively enforcing a ruleset that is intentionally vague.

The "Legit" Official PvP community has already left. We are long, long gone. Many of us no longer play Ark at all because of the bad experience. The only community they have had, on Official, for probably over a year now, is the community that cheats and exploits. By taking down servers and randomly banning/wiping them, they don't make the community healthier, they just kill the community they have left. 

52 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The problem is that the bus you are trying to sell to us, has already passed.

Wildcard "Rule Enforcement" happens 4-6 months at a time, banning/wiping random servers and people from those tribes. They never ban all of them, nor delete all their assets. It's more like a "Soft wipe". The banning doesn't really hurt anyone (Basically means like a 5-10$ subscription to Ark every 4-6 months), and wiping servers has no impact when you can just dupe literally everything back in a day. 

Enforcing rules in a consistent and timely manner is what makes a community healthier. Not sporadically, randomly and selectively enforcing a ruleset that is intentionally vague.

The "Legit" Official PvP community has already left. We are long, long gone. Many of us no longer play Ark at all because of the bad experience. The only community they have had, on Official, for probably over a year now, is the community that cheats and exploits. By taking down servers and randomly banning/wiping them, they don't make the community healthier, they just kill the community they have left. 

You don't sound gone.  And still playing on official with plenty of friends I can tell you that your assertions are incorrect, there are plenty good tribes that are not cheating and exploiting.  Besides, how would you know if you are gone.  :-p

Sounds like you are trying to sell us a cynical viewpoint based on your past resentments.  No thanks, too busy playing Ark.

17 minutes ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

You don't sound gone.  And still playing on official with plenty of friends I can tell you that your assertions are incorrect, there are plenty good tribes that are not cheating and exploiting.  Besides, how would you know if you are gone.  :-p

Sounds like you are trying to sell us a cynical viewpoint based on your past resentments.  No thanks, too busy playing Ark.

I'm here because I've played so much Ark I get tagged in random reddit threads by people who still play, so I come back and catch up a little.

As for "Plenty of good tribes that are not cheating/exploiting". I'm sure there are, I guess. The problem with Official Servers is that you can't compete, or really even progress meaningfully. The situation for the past, oh, I don't know. It's been years I suppose, is this:

Cheaters cheat. You don't. You lose a fight. Wildcard does nothing for months. Wildcard does some half-stuffed ban/dev wipe and the cycle repeats. The problem is, quite literally, they only ever punish/show any presence enforcing the rules every 4-6 months. So cheaters get to cheat unimpeded for months. Which slowly drained the Official PvP community down the drains.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Ark. Still. I do. I put over ten thousand hours into Official PvP exclusively (According to steam). I played exclusively legit, and was burned. Often. For that fact. 

As for selling my viewpoint, I'm not. I'm kind of just stating reality as it has occurred for literally over a year now. Let me put it to you this way;

The people who were banned in this wave, were the same people who have basically ruled Official PvP, and been banned, every single "Ban wave" since roughly the start of server transfers. There are streamers who have streamed Ark for years, who have been banned multiple times. Some of those tribe names have been dev wiped, and their players banned *dozens* of times. 

Nothing ever changes. I'd love to play Ark, but I'll have to wait until Wildcard shows some basic competence in enforcing their rules and punishing cheaters. 

Your game is awful and exploitable and you ban the people that play it that way? There is no other way to play it when it is a completely broken strategy. Its so stong that for every tribe you banned for cheating 20 other tribes got wiped by them because they wouldnt cheat and didnt have the resources to fight back. Great game as always. Its a lose lose till you fix your buggy game.

15 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

But they didn't wipe every cheater.. Seems some get an amnesty and dev help.. 

What a load of malarkey.  Every banned cheater always claims they didn't do it and someone else does but didn't get banned.  Like. Every. Time.  There is no proof of anything in this video, just baseless claims that someone has a "pocket dev", that WC is corrupt, etc.  I see zero reason that I should believe randos and people that got banned for cheating over WC.  

WC inspected the servers and made their determinations based on what was there, after receiving claims and evidence from people reporting the behavior.  End of story.

If you think you have proof of anyone else cheating then submit it to WC and they will investigate and respond if there is anything there.

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

I'm here because I've played so much Ark I get tagged in random reddit threads by people who still play, so I come back and catch up a little.

As for "Plenty of good tribes that are not cheating/exploiting". I'm sure there are, I guess. The problem with Official Servers is that you can't compete, or really even progress meaningfully. The situation for the past, oh, I don't know. It's been years I suppose, is this:

Cheaters cheat. You don't. You lose a fight. Wildcard does nothing for months. Wildcard does some half-stuffed ban/dev wipe and the cycle repeats. The problem is, quite literally, they only ever punish/show any presence enforcing the rules every 4-6 months. So cheaters get to cheat unimpeded for months. Which slowly drained the Official PvP community down the drains.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Ark. Still. I do. I put over ten thousand hours into Official PvP exclusively (According to steam). I played exclusively legit, and was burned. Often. For that fact. 

As for selling my viewpoint, I'm not. I'm kind of just stating reality as it has occurred for literally over a year now. Let me put it to you this way;

The people who were banned in this wave, were the same people who have basically ruled Official PvP, and been banned, every single "Ban wave" since roughly the start of server transfers. There are streamers who have streamed Ark for years, who have been banned multiple times. Some of those tribe names have been dev wiped, and their players banned *dozens* of times. 

Nothing ever changes. I'd love to play Ark, but I'll have to wait until Wildcard shows some basic competence in enforcing their rules and punishing cheaters. 

This. Fix your game ark

1 minute ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

What a load of malarkey.  Every banned cheater always claims they didn't do it and someone else does but didn't get banned.  Like. Every. Time.  There is no proof of anything in this video, just baseless claims that someone has a "pocket dev", that WC is corrupt, etc.  I see zero reason that I should believe randos and people that got banned for cheating over WC.  

WC inspected the servers and made their determinations based on what was there, after receiving claims and evidence from people reporting the behavior.  End of story.

If you think you have proof of anyone else cheating then submit it to WC and they will investigate and respond if there is anything there.

They wont investigate anything besides how to make useless dino as equally useless and call it TLC

1 minute ago, Doth said:

Your game is awful and exploitable and you ban the people that play it that way? There is no other way to play it when it is a completely broken strategy. Its so stong that for every tribe you banned for cheating 20 other tribes got wiped by them because they wouldnt cheat and didnt have the resources to fight back. Great game as always. Its a lose lose till you fix your buggy game.

Cheat and break the code of conduct and get banned.  Everyone was warned.  Go play something else if you want to cheat and not have consequences.

I m playing ARK for a while and it had been wiped yesterday. 

I think, enforcement action explanation is not enough to understand the issue. Me and my team never did any cheat in any game including ARK too. Unfortunately we fighted with cheaters and lost many things. 

So, for everyone's sake and transparency, admins need more detailed explanation regarding the server and tribe issues, like;

EU-PVP-Official-XXX123 - XXXX Tribe wiped Because of XXXXXXX

If we don't understand the reason of the wipe clearly, how can we bu sure that, what is against the codes? Because i m hundred percent sure that my team didn't have any thing against the code of conduct rules. 

Transparency is always the best option to understand and sake. Admins, please don't hesitate to provide proofs and specialized wipe reasons,

Bests,

"We realize that innocent players will be caught up in the enforcement of our Code of Conduct. Unfortunately, there is no perfect “silver bullet” solution as we work to improve our game in this regard. We apologize for any loss and inconvenience that this may cause, but feel that it is a necessary side effect of enforcing our rules. We will continue to do our best to ensure that ARK remains a fair, fun, and competitive environment for all." Could those innocent players request a refund of the game since you don't care about their time spent in it? I mean I would just like to know why my tribe was wiped. I am personally not aware of any thing that my tribe was doing that would bring about the dev hammer!

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Snipey said:

"We realize that innocent players will be caught up in the enforcement of our Code of Conduct. We apologize for any loss and inconvenience that this may cause, but feel that it is a necessary side effect of enforcing our rules.

I read it as, innocent tribes on the server that’s taken offline may lose game time and whatever task they were doing at the time, unless of course they are dev wiping the whole server?

Gotta love the double standards on the recent mass dev wipe/ban, wipe so many tribes with a statement that applies to a tribe known as TEA have done consistently for ages then not even investigate them, aka our alliance has right on our list don't attack these server or u will lose ur charcter, due to the obvious. Whose paying the devs off? All I gotta say is "Classic Wildcard"

15 hours ago, Eli said:

It's more that innocent people who are breeding their dinos, or were in the middle of a boss fight, out in the fields harvesting etc. would (not surprisingly) possibly lose out on imprints, die to the boss, die to random dinos, etc. while the issue is being resolved and wrongdoers are being punished as innocent and guilty parties all do not have access to the servers while the sweep is ongoing.

Collateral Damage :(

Archived