Wyvern milk question

Samsquanch01

2 hours ago, Skiidzman said:

So I'll give you the downlow. If you are getting milk on rag, if you upload it, it resets the timer when you download it on another map. Cool trick for cool kids. Besides that, yeah you get about 8+ hrs with p-bin and preserving salt.

So I'm using the bin but salts won't go in bin. It won't allow me to place them in there at all.

22 hours ago, Samsquanch01 said:

I'm sure this has been beat to death but seeing many different answers to this. Is the max storage I can get out of wyvern milk around 4 hours? Preserving bin and sparkpowder? Wiki says preserving salt but that won't even go in there.  Just wondering what the best way to store it is.

You need  preserving salt, into you inventory. So you can the flight to you base and walk to Bin , gain max 30 mins more. 

The max are 4,5/5 hours,  when you aro not far to you base.

The  preserving salt dont work in Bin in Raganok, since two o three updates ;-(.

30 minutes ago, MANDRA111 said:

You need  preserving salt, into you inventory. So you can the flight to you base and walk to Bin , gain max 30 mins more. 

The max are 4,5/5 hours,  when you aro not far to you base.

The  preserving salt dont work in Bin in Raganok, since two o three updates ;-(.

If salts in  bin worked on rag I would be in wyvern heaven.  I hate when work gets in the way of my wyvern raising.

Playing on SE and Rag is completely different on how long the milk lasts. If you are lucky enough to find a low capped Rag server i recommend doing all your wyvern raises there. You'd save literally hours on your milk runs. If you are stuck on SE your best bet is to bring preserving salt with you to transport your milk. Then i would have 5 preserving bins built with salt in them and store the milk in there. That'll give you the max time off the milk. I personally kill off alphas and I'm set for a really long time lol.

4 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I recently looked at wiki.

Preserving bin have no additional salt spoil timer. Meaning its preserving bin and sparkpowder only.

Regards,

Ariana 

That's not true.

It might be bugged on consoles, but I've been raising wyverns this weekend on pc, and milk in preserving bins still works the same as always.

I know, when I arrive at my base, the milk lasts 2h 45mins with spark and salts in the bin (+/- 3 mins).

Without salt it does not last as long, I didn't pay attention to the exact time (I'm not playing around to have my milk spoil faster), but there is a difference.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:49 AM, Cannoli said:

Playing on SE and Rag is completely different on how long the milk lasts. If you are lucky enough to find a low capped Rag server i recommend doing all your wyvern raises there. You'd save literally hours on your milk runs. If you are stuck on SE your best bet is to bring preserving salt with you to transport your milk. Then i would have 5 preserving bins built with salt in them and store the milk in there. That'll give you the max time off the milk. I personally kill off alphas and I'm set for a really long time lol.

Does Alpha milk not spoil?   You cannot put salt in a preserving bin currently.  

On 4/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Samsquanch01 said:

I'm sure this has been beat to death but seeing many different answers to this. Is the max storage I can get out of wyvern milk around 4 hours? Preserving bin and sparkpowder? Wiki says preserving salt but that won't even go in there.  Just wondering what the best way to store it is.

On legacy, we used the preserving salts in our inventory so as to not drain the time as much while we transferred it from the milked wyvern to the preserving bin. However, as far as I've heard, Island and Center spoil timers for wyvern milk are twice as high. This can be helpful if you live on those maps. Just transfer the milk from SE/Rag to the map you want to raise them on.

One - Preserving Salts and Preserving Bins are kinda buggy atm. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't go in. I've noticed that salts made directly from the mortar and pestle tend to go in, but salts that's been in a vessel for a while tend to not go in.

Two - Scorched Earth has 1/3rd spoilage time on EVERYTHING - Jerky, kibble, eggs, milk, you name it. Ragnarok has normal spoilage time, same with Island/Center/Aberration. Wyvern Milk spoils at 10 minutes.

Three - If you are unable to put salt in the preserving bin, put salt on a saddled Hyenadon instead - This gives you 8 hours of milk rather then 5 hours, which is enough to last you between imprints. You can even move the Hyena to right next the wyvern.

2 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

-Snip-

Three - If you are unable to put salt in the preserving bin, put salt on a saddled Hyenadon instead - This gives you 8 hours of milk rather then 5 hours, which is enough to last you between imprints. You can even move the Hyena to right next the wyvern.

I didn't notice a difference in spoil timers between saddled hyaenodon+salt and any other animal+salt when I tried it last time. It looked like the hyaenodon doesn't work on milk. When was the last time you tried, and are you on pc or console?

I tested it on SE during or short after the Valentine's event, on pc. I took a hyaenodon to the desert with me, had salt in my inventory, in my wyvern and in the hyaenodon. Killed an alpha, flew to the hyaenodon to put the milk inside, and it had the same timer as in my wyvern's inv.

Archived