Community Crunch 129: New Servers, Upcoming Stream, & Wildcard Workshop!

Jen

5 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

with the new servers why only 1 scorched earth why not some more  instead of over saturation of rag island centre and aberration ... show some love to the scorched earth players as well WildCard

as if SE servers are full, just try to play on rag for instance, capped every day

lol EU isn't even getting a new SE and Aber one, but it's true, SE is the map where cap has the least impact.

imo there should be way more (PvE) rag servers, these are the ones that suffer the most. There should be way more PvE servers alltogether, cap and pillars are way less of an issue on PvP and there are much more PvP servers already. While I do realize the no transfer thing may help new players to get started on PvP, there are still a whole lot of ppl playing PvE on capped servers and the few new ones will be capped just as quickly with armies of dodos and/or jerboas tamed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy seeing new servers being added, but the amounts of them are only a solution for a few weeks until we're back to cap and feeding since people are going crazy filling tribe limits as fast as possible to preserve slots for themselves. Can't even blame them after having been stuck on capped servers for half a year. If cap weren't a thing, noone would need to have a base full of "killables" to even be able to tame and breed, which, let's face it, are two of THE main reasons why we play PvE, and the whole game would be much more enjoyable again for both established tribes and new players.

@Jatheish @Eli Not an angry post so read entire thing :P. Any word on QoL update progress? Or any related news on QoL update in general? Making progress/stuck/issues/S+ is looking awesome for console? Anything? Haha I'm starved for news that is relevant to my daily experience with the game. Contests are exciting and what not but just a distraction from state of game. Could you please elaborate or even mention something about QoL update? I am not demanding a hard release date just anything surrounding the topic to get me by until there is more to share about the topic. Is that asking too much? Can the weekly community crunch actually consist of some slightly juicier news? How about "Here are some pics of the dev team working away at the QoL update" then post some pics of them. I don't care if they are actually working on it. Just throw me a freaking bone here.  Love you guys, you're awesome. Thanks for keeping up the grind, just share some of it!!

• Administrator
12 hours ago, cwstargirl said:

Thats cool, Pc gets new server what about xbox ps4 the ones who really need new servers¬¬ what a joke

We plan to get some additional servers on other platforms in the future

10 hours ago, Starlorde said:

I’m gonna hop on those new servers as soon as they’re up, u guys should make new server or “recycle” servers about every 2 or 3 months gives new players a chance. As alwaysssss can’t wait for EXTINCTION!! it better be great don’t disappoint, ik u can make it great :Jerblove:

We do have extinction which recycle monthly, and we're currently discussing some potential newbie/beginner friendly servers for those who just join the ARK. 

11 hours ago, WildWyvern said:

Any word on Extinction? Or a TLC 3? A few more dinos really need a TLC pass.. hope you don't just leave it as it was. Great work, though, guys!! Keep it up.

TLC3 was placed on hold so we could focus on weekly bug fixing patches instead, and for now, the plan is to continue doing that. As for Extinction, when we've got something to share, you'll see it mentioned in one of these announcement posts. That pretty much goes for all the other questions regarding ETAs/Updates, we know you guys want them but when/if we have something to share, you'll see it. For now, you'll have to hang tight! :P

8 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

with the new servers why only 1 scorched earth why not some more  instead of over saturation of rag island centre and aberration ... show some love to the scorched earth players as well WildCard

We select the different server-types by seeing what's needed/player activity across our entire network, historically Scorched Earth hasn't been as commonly played as the others and there are quite a few options remaining for that particular map. 

5 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

So if I understand it correct no items can be downloaded into the servers but you upload from it for the first 60 days. 

But does this only account for items or can people pull shady things and download lvl 130 characters on new servers again? 

Also what is the long term plan for the PvE servers to clean up all the pillars that are not even near a base (grief pillars), because we both know there will be a poopstorm after the 60 days and probably even faster

Or are these extra servers for PvP only and just a few extra PvE because you have to? As only Alpha tribes are mentioned as always and nothing from PvE

It's all downloads; so characters, items, and dinos won't be able to be downloaded onto the server for the first 60 days. You can report any griefers on PvE here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/incident-reports/ and our Enforcement team will check it out. I know that doesn't deal with the problem of people spamming pillars, but it exists as an option. With our focus on the weekly patches, it may be something we can address in the future though we'll need to be careful with a potential change.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

It's all downloads; so characters, items, and dinos won't be able to be downloaded onto the server for the first 60 days. You can report any griefers on PvE here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/incident-reports/ and our Enforcement team will check it out. I know that doesn't deal with the problem of people spamming pillars, but it exists as an option. With our focus on the weekly patches, it may be something we can address in the future though we'll need to be careful with a potential change.

First off thank you for your reply, appreciate that. 

With all due respect but I've dealt with quite some griefers, the proces for me was up untill now always the same with 1 exception. Griefer -> gather proof (usually 12-20 weeks) -> make a report -> get a reply and for the next 12+ weeks nothing happens. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about 1 incident or a grief action that was an accident but long term and ofcourse I understand that GM's can't go around and start banning half the playerbase but when there is solid proof it still the same e-mail awnser you get. Usually that ends in a few people of server (PvE) wiping them off the server making them quit the game and solve it that way. The one time that the incident report did work was when litterly 8+ tribes were waging war on this griefer (can't say it wasn't fun :$) 

Anyways regarding the pillars I fully understand that this is not an easy problem to solve. For example you can't incorporate a max amount of region you can claim because some people (especially in PvE) love to make huge beautifull buildings. You can't make a max amount of pillars either because else people will go to foundations/gates etc. The only fast and easy way to solve this problem (that I can think of right now) is to put the GM's 2 blocks per day on pillar hunting for 1 week straight. Let them wipe all of the pillars at once and put a sanction that doesn't hurt too much on them for instance 1 month no taming/breeding/building or something (not a ban yet). After that week put all of that information in the community crunch on how many tribes have been dealt with and what kind of sanctions they got with the message that every one who gets caught with excessive use of pillars/claimings will get dealt with according to the rules, no more warnings. 

That way you its not some rule in the books but it's an actual action that will be enforced as shown. That will make people think twice before pillaring the ragnarok beach from bay of hope all the way into the desert biome and around red obby. 

If you however choose to incorporate it into the game's coding than please don't forget to think about the area's that are claimed against griefers. For example on my SE server I've set up stone dino gates around the 3 main metal mountains surrounding green obelisk. The dino gates do not block spawns, but they do block people from building there. This is to make sure everyone can farm their metal without giving the option to a salty player to block metal spawns. 

Would be cool if you would just pick out a few people from the trading forum or active forum users (PvE and PvP) and have a session of about an hour or so sparring with eachother exchanging idea's and impacts. I think that would be a huge improvement on some updates. Ofcourse not for every single subject, but more just for these kind of problems.

Console really doesnt have many survival crafting open world games like ark so were stuck with the same recycled garbage atleast xbox has a few others but ps4 has crap. Soon well be getting conan which looks pretty good to replace ark for me. For some reason. I really enjoy base building and conan adding the purge adds a whole new element to base building

14 hours ago, WildWyvern said:

Any word on Extinction? Or a TLC 3? A few more dinos really need a TLC pass.. hope you don't just leave it as it was. Great work, though, guys!! Keep it up.

Why would there be word on extinction already? Its likely not coming until mid to late this year, theyre not talking about it this early. And they said back during the Phase 2 announcement that there wouldn't be a TLC for some time while they focus on QoL

4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

If you won't be able to download any characters, how are people supposed to do bosses? For example If new guy starts on abberation, he won't have access to replicator, so he can't craft any tek stuff.

1 minute ago, isu said:

If you won't be able to download any characters, how are people supposed to do bosses? For example If new guy starts on abberation, he won't have access to replicator, so he can't craft any tek stuff.

its the same for everyone Sunny Jim ... so suck it up buttercup

Edited by Lostmymarbles

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, isu said:

Cross over to a map that does allow access to the Replicator and unlock it. Pretty much how any new player that starts on Aberration currently does.

Still waiting for the bug fixes you guys promised.  Theres no word on the crunches about what your fixing.  @Jatheish @Jen lets not forget the games main story is broken.  The skylord artifact doesnt spawn on the island outside of official servers and the whole bug that wipes all your data when you ascend is still a thing.  Transferring is also a core element of the game and since it can flat out delete your uploaded dino on download its kind of a big deal/important broken thing.  Heres hoping you keep your promise.