Community Crunch 129: New Servers, Upcoming Stream, & Wildcard Workshop!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Frieddog said:

So, am I the only one who noticed 2x is not happening again this weekend but not until the next weekend? Am I perceiving this wrong or is 2x events every 2 weeks now?

Everyone that has read the Crunch, i.e. this thread you are posting in will be aware because the Crunch states when the next EVO Event is.

If Wildcard would change the harvesting and taming rates to something more...realistic (time wise), there would be less complaining and events would actually feel "special". The current 1x rates are very unbalanced. The game is only enjoyable during these 2x events. 

IMHO 1x is fine for XP. Hell they could lower it honestly. As it is, its simple to create a character and be within level 80 in a day or two. This makes your character meaningless in the PVP world. Join a server, hang out for a day and boom no need to transfer your main character. No risks involved.

Harvesting and  taming needs to be 1.5x or 2x ALL TIMES! For new players its exhausting to build anything with a pick and axe. Really turns you off to the game. I have had many friends buy it, try it, and say F THIS!! simply because of how long it takes to build a simple stone hut...only to get raided 12 hours later lol. Even experienced players with mass farming dinos its a damn chore to make say, a behemoth gate. Uhg...grind grind grind.

Breeding and maturation could use a small bump. Say 1.25x normal rate. "Super Dinos" cannot be bred by your average gamer with a life away from their screen. Its just ridiculous to spend that kind of time playing a game. Forget raising a giga or hell a quetzal on 1x and pretend to have a normal job and life. For you people that say its possible...get some irl friends k?

I understand the reasoning for very few breeding events as servers PEAK and cause lag . But consider this...If rates were normally higher, the load would be high initially yes, but will taper off as breeding "catches up" and then players adjust to normal (higher) rates. The reason servers flood is because we want to get as much breeding in as possible and mass hatch poop. Plus nobody wants to spend a week babysitting crap. If rates were higher there would be no need to hatch 20 gigas, 20 wyverns, 30 pteras and 15 wolves at once and cram them on a weekend. We could do them on a tuesday...a couple at a time. 

Ugh, I made 60 veggie cakes with nothing but a cooking pot to tame 10 snails! and its not even going to be 2x before they spoil! the 2x events are literally the only way people with lives can play this game! I also needed it so I could get my megalosaurus egg to juvenile and fill some refrigerators. We also need to tame some bears and spinos this is so annoying!

No movement speed servers. Change multipliers for movement speed level up to 0. 

No ride servers. Dinos may be tamed, but cannot be ridden.

No bonus level servers. Dinos tamed are tamed at their level. No bonus levels for preferred food. 

Danger in the wild. Wild dino damage resistances tripled. Damage output doubled.

Cave fortress server. Cave damage disabled. 

On 01/05/2018 at 8:23 AM, cwstargirl said:

Thats cool, Pc gets new server what about xbox ps4 the ones who really need new servers¬¬ what a joke

Haha um, how much longer has ark been on pc compared to console? I'm pretty sure pc is the one "who really needs new servers."

Edited by GangstaGandalph
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, SeeRgiinfinity29 said:

We need new content

I totally agree, the current content is lacking. Im at the point of grinding element on official and it's really getting old spinos are basically extinct on my server so it's a pain to get sails just to get element to power tek gensni wish there was an element harvester like an oil pump that got shards instead of element, just to have a small break from farming bosses.

Fresh server with downloads disabled ???!! BIG JOKE ! Some smart people succeeded to download level 100 characters (check this server .*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-Aberration403.... already rideable karkinos vith lvl 100 players)

Someone told me that those “Fresh”servers were open for downloading during 5 hours and 2 or 3 players did it... :-(

So disappointing ... you should wipe those servers or Create new ones please!

Viper

Wildcard y don't u just listen to the money makers (the people who bought this game) and actually fix this damn game, stop bringing out new content and fix all the bugs in this game, listen to the players u ignorant morons, u r simply the worst gaming company atm, I thought activition was bad but wildcard u simply blow them out the water as I said u don't listen to the players, u never fix bugs, your stopping evolution events now FOR NO REASON on official server's u r creating new content that im sure is gonna be buggy as all hell, all u care about is MONEY thats it, I can do a way better job at creating and fixing a game then u can wildcard and I know nothing about games so come on players of ark lets talk with our wallets and not buy this broken game that wildcard clearly don't care about and show this rat sh*t company what we the players can do

On 5/1/2018 at 12:18 AM, ToothedJaw said:

For real. They said by spring. We're nearing summer. They have one more month to keep the statement true. I'll bet the money I have saved that it will be late summer or fall before we get it... I don't even know if we'll get a mysterious mysteries until fall.

I hate to be pesimistic, Wildcard, but this is what you have led your community to expect. You've dissapointed us overall. Please get a new chief of publication or something so we have honest and realistic release dates or maybe work harder. I do believe you work hard on this but this is very stupid planning. Please be more definitive and please come out with more info soon!

I really am bored of ark. Stopped playing it for a few weeks now. I do single player but after 2 mins of gameplay I ask myself, "why? What's new? What have I not done that I can enjoy?" and then I turn the game off. There are other games which are worth more of my time. I'm sorry. I do look forward to the new DLC but realistically, I have no faith in your predictions.

Good by... don't have a much more fitting closing I guess.

Watch them reveal Extinction at E3 which is the tail end of spring. It is still spring though lol.

On 01/05/2018 at 2:59 PM, Jatheish said:

We plan to get some additional servers on other platforms in the future

We do have extinction which recycle monthly, and we're currently discussing some potential newbie/beginner friendly servers for those who just join the ARK. 

TLC3 was placed on hold so we could focus on weekly bug fixing patches instead, and for now, the plan is to continue doing that. As for Extinction, when we've got something to share, you'll see it mentioned in one of these announcement posts. That pretty much goes for all the other questions regarding ETAs/Updates, we know you guys want them but when/if we have something to share, you'll see it. For now, you'll have to hang tight! :P

We select the different server-types by seeing what's needed/player activity across our entire network, historically Scorched Earth hasn't been as commonly played as the others and there are quite a few options remaining for that particular map. 

It's all downloads; so characters, items, and dinos won't be able to be downloaded onto the server for the first 60 days. You can report any griefers on PvE here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/incident-reports/ and our Enforcement team will check it out. I know that doesn't deal with the problem of people spamming pillars, but it exists as an option. With our focus on the weekly patches, it may be something we can address in the future though we'll need to be careful with a potential change.

Players lvl 100 have succeeded to download their characters already on fresh severs :-( Those server were open for 5 hours ... That’s a shame!

@Jen Creo que un proyecto muy bueno seria crear un nuevo cluster de servers, por lo menos 3 mapas de cada uno, con los mismas configuraciones de los servidores oficiales, máximo 5 miembros por tribu, 1 ó 2 alianzas máximo, como son menos jugadores mas puntos de engramas. Creo que la mayor cantidad de usuarios jugarían de este modo ya que por no contar con una tribu numerosa prefieren irse a no oficiales.

Google Translate:

@Jen I think a very good project would be to create a new cluster of servers, at least 3 maps of each, with the same configurations of the official servers, maximum 5 members per tribe, 1 or 2 maximum alliances, as there are fewer players more points of engrams. I think the largest number of users would play in this way because they do not have a large tribe, they prefer to go unofficial.

• 4 weeks later...