Community Crunch 129: New Servers, Upcoming Stream, & Wildcard Workshop!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Still waiting for the bug fixes you guys promised.  Theres no word on the crunches about what your fixing.  @Jatheish @Jen lets not forget the games main story is broken.  The skylord artifact doesnt spawn on the island outside of official servers and the whole bug that wipes all your data when you ascend is still a thing.  Transferring is also a core element of the game and since it can flat out delete your uploaded dino on download its kind of a big deal/important broken thing.  Heres hoping you keep your promise.

There's been weekly bug fixes every since TLC 2 dropped. There was only one week skipped, but besides that there have been weekly bug fixes.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

There's been weekly bug fixes every since TLC 2 dropped. There was only one week skipped, but besides that there have been weekly bug fixes.

Like what?  I haven't got any downloads except tlc2.  I haven't noticed any changes nor seen any reports of it.  The changelog doesnt say anything new and i haven't seen any notes on these fixes.  Even if there has been fixes they arnt big 1s, the 1s ign or GI would criticise heavily.  The 1s like i mentioned that affect extremely important parts of the game.  The 1s other companies would jump on as soon as they were found...

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Like what?  I haven't got any downloads except tlc2.  I haven't noticed any changes nor seen any reports of it.  The changelog doesnt say anything new and i haven't seen any notes on these fixes.  Even if there has been fixes they arnt big 1s, the 1s ign or GI would criticise heavily.  The 1s like i mentioned that affect extremely important parts of the game.  The 1s other companies would jump on as soon as they were found...

The weekly bug fixes are on PC. They will then come to console after. I don't think it is even feasible to do weekly bug fixes on console with the QA/Cert process.

Edited by GP

5 minutes ago, GP said:

Read the PC Patch Notes. I'm not going to spoon feed you.

Wasnt expecting you to, you could of posted the link like you usually do

Really, a facepalm, all i wanted was a link dude.  Dump out your cheerios if someone peed in em and get a new bowl.  Anyone else ask a question like that and youd link it and no ill feelings, but me you have to show your hind end huh.  Typical moderator.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, ToothedJaw said:

For real. They said by spring. We're nearing summer. They have one more month to keep the statement true. I'll bet the money I have saved that it will be late summer or fall before we get it... I don't even know if we'll get a mysterious mysteries until fall.

I hate to be pesimistic, Wildcard, but this is what you have led your community to expect. You've dissapointed us overall. Please get a new chief of publication or something so we have honest and realistic release dates or maybe work harder. I do believe you work hard on this but this is very stupid planning. Please be more definitive and please come out with more info soon!

I really am bored of ark. Stopped playing it for a few weeks now. I do single player but after 2 mins of gameplay I ask myself, "why? What's new? What have I not done that I can enjoy?" and then I turn the game off. There are other games which are worth more of my time. I'm sorry. I do look forward to the new DLC but realistically, I have no faith in your predictions.

Good by... don't have a much more fitting closing I guess.

Let's just hope when extinction comes out it will actually have the kibble system set up.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Wasnt expecting you to, you could of posted the link like you usually do

Really, a facepalm, all i wanted was a link dude.  Dump out your cheerios if someone peed in em and get a new bowl.

Ok, but you knew where the patch notes were on the forums, so I didn't feel like you needed to be given the link.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, isu said:

Did you read what Jat wrote? He said no characters, items, dinos. So when you cross travel to another server and unlock repli, you wont be able to come back.

Yes I did read it, I know exactly what it says. But how many people are going to be ready for Island/Rag/Center boss fights within the first 60 days?

7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

TLC3 was placed on hold so we could focus on weekly bug fixing patches instead, and for now, the plan is to continue doing that. As for Extinction, when we've got something to share, you'll see it mentioned in one of these announcement posts. That pretty much goes for all the other questions regarding ETAs/Updates, we know you guys want them but when/if we have something to share, you'll see it. For now, you'll have to hang tight! :P

Thanks for the reply @Jatheish, Holding tight. Very Excited!! Looking forward to the new content! :) You all have done very well with this game. Thanks WC!

Tomorrow May 1st at approximately 10 am PST we will be launching a new set of servers on PC. These Fresh servers have downloads disabled but uploads enabled for a period of 60 days. After 60 days transfers will open and they will no longer be called Fresh servers. Players are invited to play and build up on these servers without the threat of existing alpha tribes.

so much for that theory  about downloads one of my tribe member was killed by a level 98 player  when the server scorchedearth241 had only been out maybe 1-2hrs at the time so that is a fail on your part WildCard  .... there is no way he could be 98 that fast in 1-2hrs   so he had to have downloaded his toon from another server   

• Wildcard Community
27 minutes ago, Lostmymarbles said:

Tomorrow May 1st at approximately 10 am PST we will be launching a new set of servers on PC. These Fresh servers have downloads disabled but uploads enabled for a period of 60 days. After 60 days transfers will open and they will no longer be called Fresh servers. Players are invited to play and build up on these servers without the threat of existing alpha tribes.

so much for that theory  about downloads one of my tribe member was killed by a level 98 player  when the server scorchedearth241 had only been out maybe 1-2hrs at the time so that is a fail on your part WildCard  .... there is no way he could be 98 that fast in 1-2hrs   so he had to have downloaded his toon from another server   

Are you certain that he was on server 421, not 241? 421 is the fresh server, and should be noted as such with the prefix *FRESH*

I do not know any great ideas for servers except permanent servers that have just rapid taming,breeding, and level ups. I really hope we are still getting Structure Plus pleaseee, the play as dinos Servers, TLC 3, 4, 5 love the new abilities by the way, parasaur now adds something to the game. I hope the next TLC you guys work on the Megaladon since the Meg films coming, Titanaboa with no neck frill,bigger, and can grab and constrict, Plesiosaurus that can come on land but is sluggish,Dilophosaurus being bigger since they really got to about 20 feet long different than Jp version, maybe the Quetzel, Therizinosaur with longer neck and turtle/ beaver need some adjustments on the looks. Also as a fan i am humbly asking that you bring all plant crops to all ark types not just primitive for us farmer type players, Ships for water travel and pirate battles pleaseee, NPC Humans on single player i need people lol,Lastly we need new engrams and abilities. I have started playing again since TLC 2 and found the fun again with the new dino abilities, i think if the things above are added it could bring alot more back. Also looking forward to new maps eventually and new creatures wink wink Octopuss, Chimera, Treant golem, Hydra, Water Drake, Water Wyvern wink ?.

2 minutes ago, Eli said:

Are you certain that he was on server 421, not 241? 421 is the fresh server, and should be noted as such with the prefix *FRESH*

I just tweeted Jen about this but I haven't played main official in a while and had a level 70 character uploaded from the main official. I was allowed to download that character onto the new 'fresh' servers. Happened about 15 minutes ago so I am betting this has been an issue for the last few hours and those taking advantage won't report it.

• Wildcard Community
Just now, N3mi said:

I just tweeted Jen about this but I haven't played main official in a while and had a level 70 character uploaded from the main official. I was allowed to download that character onto the new 'fresh' servers. Happened about 15 minutes ago so I am betting this has been an issue for the last few hours and those taking advantage won't report it.

Thanks, I informed our server techs and that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Hello everyone!

So, I'd like to start out really quick just saying how cool this is being here.  A YouTuber on ARK can now finally see proper news without clickbait.

Now, time to get into the nitty-gritty.

I believe Wildcard owes us what we deserve as customers and consumers.  That means the "special something" they promised us a looooong time ago for Beta Players, "Structures +" becoming an official conversion mod (which by the way I am super excited for), and the highest priority: ARK: Extinction.  We have been shown the end scene of Aberration again and again and again by YouTubers finishing the boss fight and ascending, but we've heard nothing else besides "we're working on it."  What exactly are you working on that is extending you a month past your deadline, maybe longer?  We as the consumers and customers deserve to know because it's just how Marketing works.  This ignorance of the consumer and customer causes unrest and even uncertainty of the product in question, reducing profits and decreasing revenues.  Eventually this Early-Access behavior will get old to us, and eventually, ARK's fame will, unfortunately, perish because of it.

Hopefully, if Wildcard is reading this, they can consider it in their calculations.

~The VenomXenomorph

Edited by VenomXenomorph