Community Crunch 129: New Servers, Upcoming Stream, & Wildcard Workshop!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Upcoming New Servers!

large.5acbd44f7cce6_BlueDragon-BulbdogsP

Speciality Servers:

Speciality servers are alternate game modes for ARK that last for a short period of time. Each new theme will bring on a new set of challenges different from that of servers currently available. However, these seasonal servers will wipe and change theme after a determined period of time.

We're looking for input from you today. We've set up a thread and we'd appreciate if you could drop your suggestions into the separate thread below. Changes will revolve around edits that can be made to the existing config. These types of changes can include many things like: tribe/alliance size, anything related to dino stats and taming, server rates, etc.

If you have a game mode that you think would be fun to play be sure to leave your comment in the thread:

Fresh Servers:

Tomorrow May 1st at approximately 10 am PST we will be launching a new set of servers on PC. These Fresh servers have downloads disabled but uploads enabled for a period of 60 days. After 60 days transfers will open and they will no longer be called Fresh servers. Players are invited to play and build up on these servers without the threat of existing alpha tribes.

*FRESH*EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland395
*FRESH*EU-PVE-Official-TheCenter396
*FRESH*EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok397
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland398
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland399
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-Ragnarok400
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland401
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-TheCenter402
*FRESH*EU-PVP-Official-Aberration403
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland404
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland405
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-TheCenter406
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland407
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-Ragnarok408
*FRESH*NA-PVE-Official-Aberration409
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland410
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland411
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheCenter412
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland413
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland414
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheCenter415
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland416
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheCenter417
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-Ragnarok418
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland419
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-Ragnarok420
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-ScorchedEarth421
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland422
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-Ragnarok423
*FRESH*NA-PVP-Official-Aberration424

Community Livestreams!

survivetheark-live-stream.jpg

Beginning on May 10th and continuing every other week on Thursdays, the community team will be doing biweekly livestreams! 

During these livestreams we will have Zen Rowe, Chris, and Jen bringing ARK news, celebrating modding, and the community as a whole every other week. We'll be playing ARK, showing off mods, and showing off your community creations for all to see. Survivors are invited to join us in the chat (and sometimes even in-game) to play and talk with the community team and other developers.

At this time we're going to begin gathering up your community creations to be displayed on stream. We are accepting any type of ARK related fanart. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

We will no longer be running Community Crunch contests here on the forums. The Community Crunch will transition into being our weekly news post, while the biweekly streams will become our new Community celebration initiative. We will instead be running contests on the livestreams, with a chance to win something special if your submission is the best of the bunch.

You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

Wildcard Workshop & Mod Tutorial Contest Update!

Good day to you all! Zen Rowe here. I have a new Wildcard Workshop video for you today; we revisit replication with some practical examples. Make sure to check out the download link in the post for the project files.

The 5th Mod Tutorial Contest is now open! This time we're going to do a freestyle contest, meaning it's the perfect opportunity to put together a tutorial for any of those concepts that you kept telling yourself you would.

Today is also the last day for submissions for the 4th Mod Tutorial Contest, so make sure that you don't forget to submit those before the end of the day.

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Our next Evolution Event will take place from the 11th of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 14th at 3 PM EST.

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

Gladiator mode. Transported to arena from boss obelisks. 10 survivor battle royal with 1 dino each and tribe of 5 vs tribe of 5 with 1 dino each. Score boards in the obelisk menu and ultra loot drops for winners. Single Player could even connect to internet to join matches with other single players, etc. A lot more cooperative game play, a new need for breeding, and a lot more replay value. I would even add 4 divisions. "Dodo" for Dinos to small to mount, "Raptor" for the smallest mountable dinos, "Trike" for mid-size Mounts and "Rex" for the largest mounts like Rexs and Spinos. Score boards for each division will make all the varieties of Dinos have way more purpose gameplay-wise as to which Dino partner you bring with you to battle. I think this would be very popular if did correctly. Even if you added it last after bug fixes, tlcs and last dlc it would probably keep the game going for quite awhile.

Edited by GhostCreep

33 minutes ago, GhostCreep said:

Gladiator mode. Transported to arena from boss obelisks. 10 survivor battle royal with 1 dino each and tribe of 5 vs tribe of 5 with 1 dino each. Score boards in the obelisk menu and ultra loot drops for winners. Single Player could even connect to internet to join matches with other single players, etc. A lot more cooperative game play, a new need for breeding, and a lot more replay value. I would even add 4 divisions. "Dodo" for Dinos to small to mount, "Raptor" for the smallest mountable dinos, "Trike" for mid-size Mounts and "Rex" for the largest mounts like Rexs and Spinos. Score boards for each division will make all the varieties of Dinos have way more purpose gameplay-wise as to which Dino partner you bring with you to battle. I think this would be very popular if did correctly. Even if you added it last after bug fixes, tlcs and last dlc it would probably keep the game going for quite awhile.

You obviously didn't read it properly

UE pvp : 3 jouer max 0 alliance 100 dino max for those who do not want for a mega tribe experience & no lag

3 player as they can play solo can still defend against 3 player + this will be ,ot impossible

on will have a big success so big cluster, many pvp  skill 3vs3

a lot of player waiting this

dreams 

Edited by gravel

36 minutes ago, WildWyvern said:

Any word on Extinction? Or a TLC 3? A few more dinos really need a TLC pass.. hope you don't just leave it as it was. Great work, though, guys!! Keep it up.

Yeah, the megalodon looks too fat and its mouth is to small and deep in its body it barely looked like it could bite a large coel.

Also the quetzal. Maybe zoom in vision and more speed? Or a scan ability like the parasaur? Realistically they were weak scavengers that ate babies or small, sick dinos. They were fast and had great vision and smell to find food and threats. I don't like the mowhawk on it either.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jen said:

Speciality Servers:

You mean like 10x and special rules sounds like unofficial servers. Something that we alrdy have with online server admins to fix real time server issues. 

Talk to all the unofficial server players or look at the most use mods in workshop that will give you a idea how to set up your new ""Speciality Servers""

2 hours ago, WildWyvern said:

Any word on Extinction? Or a TLC 3? A few more dinos really need a TLC pass.. hope you don't just leave it as it was. Great work, though, guys!! Keep it up.

For real. They said by spring. We're nearing summer. They have one more month to keep the statement true. I'll bet the money I have saved that it will be late summer or fall before we get it... I don't even know if we'll get a mysterious mysteries until fall.

I hate to be pesimistic, Wildcard, but this is what you have led your community to expect. You've dissapointed us overall. Please get a new chief of publication or something so we have honest and realistic release dates or maybe work harder. I do believe you work hard on this but this is very stupid planning. Please be more definitive and please come out with more info soon!

I really am bored of ark. Stopped playing it for a few weeks now. I do single player but after 2 mins of gameplay I ask myself, "why? What's new? What have I not done that I can enjoy?" and then I turn the game off. There are other games which are worth more of my time. I'm sorry. I do look forward to the new DLC but realistically, I have no faith in your predictions.

Good by... don't have a much more fitting closing I guess.

Thank you for the news Wildcard, and thank you for all your hard work!
I am buying a Gaming PC this summer for the sole purpose of being able to play this game on PC after enjoying it on Xbox.
I loved it so much on console I decided to stop playing it and wait till´ I had enough money for a PC (And I finally have!)

The game is so beautiful and entertaining that I felt like it really needed to be enjoyed on high/ultra settings.  
I remember there were a few things in the game on my Xbox, like rather bad clipping issues, that I hope have been/will be fixed - looking forward to seeing how the game has evolved over time this July, and (I can hardly wait to see the TLC dinosaurs!)
   :Jerbhi:

Guest DJRone89
46 minutes ago, ToothedJaw said:

For real. They said by spring. We're nearing summer. They have one more month to keep the statement true. I'll bet the money I have saved that it will be late summer or fall before we get it... I don't even know if we'll get a mysterious mysteries until fall.

I hate to be pesimistic, Wildcard, but this is what you have led your community to expect. You've dissapointed us overall. Please get a new chief of publication or something so we have honest and realistic release dates or maybe work harder. I do believe you work hard on this but this is very stupid planning. Please be more definitive and please come out with more info soon!

I really am bored of ark. Stopped playing it for a few weeks now. I do single player but after 2 mins of gameplay I ask myself, "why? What's new? What have I not done that I can enjoy?" and then I turn the game off. There are other games which are worth more of my time. I'm sorry. I do look forward to the new DLC but realistically, I have no faith in your predictions.

Good by... don't have a much more fitting closing I guess.

Citations needed for when “they said by Spring”.

What is about s+ and mods for console?the new mal and..other functions?! Promises, promises, promises... But nothing came..

The building system on console, is lame .

Massbreeding on singleplayer, or dedicated Not working anymore?!

I play it. Since december 16...but today i have no More fun With your game 

Tooo many things they not work or they planned but came never

Edited by Kaotico

Why You bring skins they Looks like poopty,funny but nobody needs and want it

We want awesome skins for thylas, wolves,sabres,argys or the Griffin good saddle skins,Who wants skins for the parasaur?! The ravager saddle skin is good, it worked and its nice.

We need more and good cosmetics like the bionics or new armor skins like the manticore..Why have all animals and dinosaurs the skin slot?!! For stupid nerd glasses or for badass armor skins that everybody wants and like?!Skins with Themes like medievil or Tek.. I wear the tek saddles only for the optic..

A Editor for skins and armors that was really awesome!!!

WC you have a lot to do, or the fans going to other games like ark..

Im a big fan, but the Most You do.. Why?? 

And what is with the announcement from the  new " transportation System" ?!

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

If you have game suggestions please keep them in the Game Suggestions forum: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/64-game-suggestions/

If you have suggestions for the Speciality Servers (which yours wouldn't be due to your suggestion not being configurable by INI) then please post them in the following thread as stated in the Crunch:

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Only in so much as those playing on Fresh servers can transfer to regular ones, but in 60 days the transfer goes both ways.

So if I understand it correct no items can be downloaded into the servers but you upload from it for the first 60 days. 

But does this only account for items or can people pull shady things and download lvl 130 characters on new servers again? 

Also what is the long term plan for the PvE servers to clean up all the pillars that are not even near a base (grief pillars), because we both know there will be a poopstorm after the 60 days and probably even faster

Or are these extra servers for PvP only and just a few extra PvE because you have to? As only Alpha tribes are mentioned as always and nothing from PvE

Edited by ZeroSeconds