Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DEAR; WILD CARD

Here is some idea's i had in my mind a long time.

FACTION WARS SERVER: When starting out you make your character & choose a "FACTION" there will be 3 factions to pick from RED, Blue, & Green.

So what is a faction: A Faction is like a mega tribe, Everyone in the faction is auto alliance for once cause to fight with the other 2 factions. You will still be able to start a tribe and play just with you friends but you will be in an alliance with Red, Blue, or Green witch ever you choose.

About the game mode: FACTION WARS,  Factions will have have to protect each other from getting wiped in a faction war against the the other factions.

(NOTE: The fallowing below is just extra idea to add to the part above if wanted)

A thought if you would like to add to the mayhem can make it so each faction has to protect the Obelisk Towers that is matched with there faction color. Only that faction can build close to the Obelisk the faction of the same color as the obelisk. Also pressing the button at the obelisk console will grant your faction 4 days of 1.5x Boost to all Taming, Harvesting & Breeding on top of standard ark multipliers.

The catch is to try to press the button at each Obelisk to gain a extra 1.5x boost to all Taming, Harvesting, & Breeding. This only works if you already have one active. It will show in your menu or on the screen hud like Red, Blue, or Green witch ever you have active & all will have a 4 day real life active timer how long it will be active.

If you press all 3 Obelisk buttons before your Boost Timers run out for each Obelisk you will get to level your character to 115 and keep it while the server is up.

Thanks.

Dear, WildCard

Here is a server suggestion idea.

WATER WARS - Server...

All land building is off limits only boat building with with the limit of the amount of object able to be placed on a boat platform increased. Cost of motor boat should be reduced to not need black pearls. 

It will be a sever for all out water war mayhem simple but fun see how everyone can adapt to the ship life.

Sever should have 4x boost to all the major things Harvesting, Taming & Breeding.

(Note: Quetz Platforms should be removed. Maybe all other platforms too from engram list.) 

But maybe allow other platform tames to have platforms other then quetzals so they can have just mobile land bases or submarines using the Plesiosaur & Mosasaurus platform saddles. Only a thought though... Can remove all platforms or what ever you think is best WildCard.

Thanks

I think it would be really interesting to do a progressively more challenging Horde Server, like 7 Days to Die. Normal ARK life, taming, raising, building....surviving. However, every 7th(or whatever night you see fit) every dino on the map, becomes super aggressive and blood thirsty, with the size of the hordes growing in number, progressively as the server days go on. This would really give the more seasoned veterans of the game, more of a challenge to survive, instead of just constantly running around killing everything they see, filling feeding troughs, making babies, anything that basically just makes you need to take a break for a while, because the game gets stale.

This might be a bit iffy within the confines of the rules for suggestions, but hear me out on this.

Server rates are at your discretion, but the game operates with one sole difference.

There are no engrams.

Oh sure, you can probably give people a few freebies, based on what a normal run-of-the-mill schmuck would understand how to hack together (rock tied to stick equals hatchet, pile of stone and logs equals campfire, etc).  But anything more advanced than sticks and rocks?  You have to get a blueprint for it.  And that's the ONLY way you can craft things.

Suddenly, blueprints and loot drops become more than useful, they're goddamned vital.  A ill-timed raid can set a high-flying tribe plummeting back to the stone age, or uplift a tribe of cavemen into assault-rifle wielding riot police.  Someone holding a particular saddle BP can set up a taming/breeding line and become the dinosaur equivalent of an arms dealer.  That guy who pulled a rocket launcher and an RPG blueprint out of a lucky drop is now the scariest raptorer on the server, better go stove his head in with a pike before he lays waste to all his neighbors.  The possibilities are staggering.

I hope you consider giving it a go.

The Purge Server - PVP TIMER 

We have tested this server Concept and the server was full. So I think the people are wating for some of this Server Concept on Offica Server. 

I believe a PVP timer when a base is vulnerable for a certain number of hours. Would make access easier for many. Many are working and cannot defend at 2 o'clock in the morning. If, for example, the base was vulnerable to Sunday from 12 noon to midnight, people could adjust to it. It could also be like we have fabricated it on our server Friday to Sunday the ORP be turned off. So people don't have to worry about the week that the base is gone. 

This server principle was very good and PVE and PVP Players come together. 

Cu Crime TIme 

How about giving the No Taming cluster a brush up / overhaul :

• Many Saddle and Tek engrams still available to learn on character. (not all but most)

• Saddles and saddle engrams still populate majority of loot drops.

• Undo Nerf on unlimited character respect . (you have no tames, so your character is your toolbox.)

• Carry weight bug since launch.

• Restore server difficulty as it was on Legacy servers, since new servers came along difficulty is set same as on normal servers. No taming doesn't need lvl 150 dinos.
    Remember you need to run around the map. Getting pounced by wild and alpha dinos such high level is almost instant death.

• Aberration dark regions with Nameless are pretty much unplayable without Tames. (You could allow shoulder pets for light source?)

• Auto decay timers of structures needs rework. No Tame tribes do not need big bases, smaller bases and single foundations decay to quick.

• Re think the cluster maps, currently no center, but maybe only 1 or 2 maps would suffice.

Purge- this is the most popular type of mode for survival games in general. Give the server 1 month to build up and Simply announce PvP week on specialty servers similar to Evolution Events. Still allow ORP during event. Wipe server after 2 rotations (roughly 3 months). This will cut management time and mix the best of PvE breeders vs the best PvPers. 

15 hours ago, DigitalVagrant said:

This might be a bit iffy within the confines of the rules for suggestions, but hear me out on this.

Server rates are at your discretion, but the game operates with one sole difference.

There are no engrams.

Oh sure, you can probably give people a few freebies, based on what a normal run-of-the-mill schmuck would understand how to hack together (rock tied to stick equals hatchet, pile of stone and logs equals campfire, etc).  But anything more advanced than sticks and rocks?  You have to get a blueprint for it.  And that's the ONLY way you can craft things.

Suddenly, blueprints and loot drops become more than useful, they're goddamned vital.  A ill-timed raid can set a high-flying tribe plummeting back to the stone age, or uplift a tribe of cavemen into assault-rifle wielding riot police.  Someone holding a particular saddle BP can set up a taming/breeding line and become the dinosaur equivalent of an arms dealer.  That guy who pulled a rocket launcher and an RPG blueprint out of a lucky drop is now the scariest raptorer on the server, better go stove his head in with a pike before he lays waste to all his neighbors.  The possibilities are staggering.

I hope you consider giving it a go.

I'd make drop locations fully random for this idea, so no one could hoard drops...

So here is my though, probably not doable but here it is!

PVE / PVP, No regular Taming 

special items in loot drops

your specimen implant is getting constantly damaged and will get destroyed in 48 hours. If that happens your character will be deleted from that map.

1. the Taming rod -instant tame - Unique on survivor like artifacts, can be dragged to action bar, and used on a wild dino. (can even have quality and big dinos can require more then 1 to be used on)

2. The Specimen implant repair tool. it will repair x% of your damaged implant.

3. The artifact components. in order to achieve victory you must build your own Artifact that would need x amount of normal in game materials, from wood, cp, metal and polymer, but also certain amount of White to Red loot drop shards and so on, you can build it in only in a Obelisk with a crafting time like 10 minutes. After crafting it you must place it down in 30 minutes or else it will "spoil". The Artifact would allow you to build repair tools for specimen implants.

After on tribe manages to build it's Artifact, they must place it down, this will also emit a big red beam of light. no more loot drops will spawn, so this will force other players go and destroy it. The Artifact cannot be repaired, and can only be damaged by certain melee weapons. 

p.s. I did not read all the suggestions to this topic, so feel free to blame me if I copied anyone!

here is another one that is easy to do from the ini. 

Primitive, first person only, limited Tier

Tribe limit 5-10 players.

max tames 25-30/tribe

not all dinos can be tamed, up to mid level dinos likeMamoths, Carno, Allo, Paracer.   (needs some work but I'm sure it is achievable) 

bigger dinos cannot be tamed. Some tamed dinos could take up more slots from the max dino tame count.

Flyers cannot be tamed! (or are removed) Gliders like Terror Bird can stay.

with or without loot drops

current taming ,gathering, breeding set to 5-10x,  no need for egg/kibble farm,  no fabricator(maybe only from drops) or even primitive settings up to stone tier. 

This would make gathering oil from the cold north a very good challenge, going with a pack of wolfs, bringing a mammoth/Paracer. 

It would make players find come casual alternatives to getting resources that are even fun to do! Getting your Equus when getting metal/obsidian

the goal would be to defeat one of Bosses at one of the obelisks, Brood-mother @Green, Megapitecus @Blue, Dragon @red  that are already spawned at the blue Obelisk! 

I would like to suggest a game mode for us casual players where Alphas will not need apply...

This server settings should champion the following list of features:

-PVP and PVE modes

-NO TEK

-OFFLINE RAID PROTECTION

-Limited tribe membership slots

-Disallowed alliances

-Slight Increase in the period of time before Structure Decay

After investing a solid year playing in different modes and on several different maps, these are the features that I have come to value the most and I deeply feel would most support us casual players. As you may already recognize, casual players are very avid ARK fans but typically go to school, have children, have careers, families, and ultimately only have a limited amount of time to invest in ARK per week placing us at a severe disadvantage to non-casual players and giant tribe/alliance Alphas. Never forget, we "Casuals" are still paying customers whom faithfully purchase new content and DLC's and have earned this kind of mode. But this will only benefit us Casual players if "all of the afore-stated features" are implemented together, as just bits and pieces of these settings would not be sufficient.

Sincerely,

Vaylain

Just simply add servers with tribe member limits(for example 5 members)this would create a much more fair experience for people who want to play in small tribes. This would make mega tribes and allances obsolete.

PvP Servers are unfair and disheartening when you are trying to play with a small tribe against huge amounts of people.

Allance limits would also be apperciated.

Please read and add this.

You game is broken!!!

Please please please make the beginner servers an official server without the level caps. Everything the same but not the level caps. Most of the players left ark because there is to many alpha tribes and nobody wants to team up with them because it’s literally a government inside of ark. If you do something wrong you get kicked. And if you don’t want to join a massive tribe then you try to play with your 5 friends you get wiped immediately or you get slaved into doing stuff for the alpha. Tribe it’s not fun because the tribe limit is way to high. Please make servers with tribe limits to 5 and no alliances and no downloads a actual server! I know it’s a horrible problem. Please I beg of you. 

I love the Suggestion of new Modes. No Tames no Tek and Arkpokalyps are awsome! 

Keep up the good work and ban cheaters. I play ARK from day 1 and the ARK Devs made such a awsome turn from BAD to Good Gamedevelopers.

I think new Clusters with smal Tribs and no Allys at 3x would be AWSOME. And take the ORP System from ConanExiles.

Thx for everything Fridean

5-10 man tribes NO ALLIANCES 
Just like your twitter post.

Make them fresh crossark servers or whatever the community wants, no downloads from official servers.

There can be so many new players if MEGA tribes weren't a factor. So many friends would play again if mega tribes didn't exist.

5-10 man tribes is fair and probably the funnest way to play ark.

Crossark servers were the most fun my friends ever had playing on servers and we played almost every kind.
Starting fresh on servers with equal footing is what a lot of people love, and with no MEGAs wiping everyone for no reason, it would be the best ark experience in my opinion.

Purge servers would also be a ton of fun, with 5-10 man tribes PVE on certain days and PVP on other days.

I dont like 1 month servers, I think 3 month would be better

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Airtom said:

5-10 man tribes NO ALLIANCES 
Just like your twitter post.

Make them fresh crossark servers or whatever the community wants, no downloads from official servers.

There can be so many new players if MEGA tribes weren't a factor. So many friends would play again if mega tribes didn't exist.

5-10 man tribes is fair and probably the funnest way to play ark.

Crossark servers were the most fun my friends ever had playing on servers and we played almost every kind.
Starting fresh on servers with equal footing is what a lot of people love, and with no MEGAs wiping everyone for no reason, it would be the best ark experience in my opinion.

Purge servers would also be a ton of fun, with 5-10 man tribes PVE on certain days and PVP on other days.

I dont like 1 month servers, I think 3 month would be better

An excellent suggestion. This is indeed the dream for many ARK players. Small tribes, a fresh start with everyone on an equal footing and regular and constant PVP.

Beach Bob Mode:

Players can only build up to the wood structure tier and can only tame dinos up to the size of a stego, excluding the therizino. No guns, explosives, or fabricated items.

Hardcore Beach Bob Mode:

Only thatch building structures allowed and engrams level 20 and above are disabled. Nothing larger than a trike can be tamed.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived