Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Works for a living server" lol  Increased taming, lower mating intervals, hatch and baby mature times, crop growth speed, ect (and yes, I'm perfectly aware you can get all that on single player/privately run servers, but we're talking 'official, multiplayer here). PVE, BUT allow fliers to carry wild animals...even if it's tweaked to only allow small animals (like dodos, lystros, up to say an oviraptor) to avoid griefing other players. Primitive to preserve the prehistoric survival feel, but not reworking and adding a ton of stuff like primitive plus does...just restrict engrams so that stone and ordinary rifles are the extent of technology (I know Ark is actually futuristic..but people running around on a prehistoric jungle island with riot gear, assault rifles and using cryo pods is a bit immersion-breaking for me).

Also....kill the Leedsichys with extreme prejudice. I hate those stupid fish. Either make them completely passive or tweak them so they don't attack rafts, or at least can't damage ones that are protected by stone foundations (since people are reduced to primitive (aka no motorboats), making living on a raft viable is a fair trade in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I have alot of ideas as before I got a xbox i played pc and messed around with mods and ideas in my spare time so plz see if a few spark your interest 

1. Spawn lvl 20 with all those engram points

2.tame harvesting X5 player harvesting X1

3. flier speed increased at a certain height in the sky like aways above the red wood trees 

4. Lock speed hunger water stats on humans

5. Station crafting x3 speed like smelting metal making narcotics etc

6. Water metal nodes have x3 the amout like abberation blue zone (makes metal underwater worth it) 

7. Offline raid protection servers leader has to be on for raid protection to disappear and for other tribe members to get on

8.size multiplier like the bigger something is to what its attacking exponentially multiplies damage (giga one chomps most tames)

9. Remove whips? 2 op in pvp

10. U can pause and hit commit suicide 

11. Crystal collection x2 please

12. Shoulder mounts can detect players like abberations do

13. Wyverns eggs decompose quickly without incubation and knocked out females produce milk even tamed ones bring loads of narcotices or biotoxin

14. Tame nest

great idea from reading queztal dossier where you cant tame things but rather must find the nest of that animal and raise the egg pteranodons nest on cliffs good luck with a parachute and gj eacaping a flock of pteranodons 

15. traliers and carts that tames can pull and store items eh idk

16. Tribe request center 

a area above the world where you spawn and try and find a tribe to spawn down on the ground with if people leave your tribe and make thier own they can only request fresh spawns on the server inside protection so you cant remake character but can rename character for a lvl reset if you wanted to like to 1 again just to rename makes easier to find tribes and people 

A non-native dino-locked PvP cluster.  No Wyverns outside of Rag or SE, no Griffins or Ice Wyverns outside of Rag, no Manas/MEKs/Owls/Titans outside of Ext, no Reapers/Basilisks and whatnot outside of Ab.  Everything else can be transferred.  It would be a very interesting experiment for WC to see how the METAs on each server hash out.  I mean, the new META dino would be pretty easy to pick on each server (Wyvern, Griffin, Reaper, Mana) but it would make for interesting battles.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:46 PM, johnm81 said:

Purge PVE servers. 27 days of PvE rule set and 3 days of "purge night". This would allow players to enjoy their pve in safety and at same time have a 3 day reset to prevent taming cap pillar spaming issues that plague normal pve servers.

WC could also do it such that on 'purge night' they could sound the infamous purge siren and make the next 3 days always night with a red moon. 

Would be very fun for us who like pvp but has a group of friends who want pve....

This sounds...  suboptimal to a diehard fan of PvE.  Movies are really neat, but screw The Purge...  That is a terrible idea.  It would make ARK "delayed PVP" which would defeat the option for PvE and create an incredibly toxic environment on the servers. 

How about a PvP ORP server where the "movie-purge" is that ORP drops off sometimes (could be regular intervals, could be random).  Don't suggest things that bork up PvE because PvP is basically (at this point, in my opinion, and many people's opinion) a failed game mode.  Let's fix PvP.  Not saying PvE doesn't have things that need to be fixed, but it sounds like what you want is a more controlled version of PvP, which is nothing like a PvE server.  PvE means that players are not the primary threat (notice I said "primary," players can still be buttheads in PvE and not be targeted with GM actions) and giving the threat that players present a promotion makes the game not PvE anymore.

Solo 

- no alliance
- xp x3
- farm x3
- taming x3
- breding x2
- big deduction difficult boss

only one regle :

No build all The caves|if a player takes a cellar the bosses will be impossible

All the games have a pvp solo mode, I meet a lot of solo player on ark, the gameplay and a hell

The solo mode would also be a good tramplin for new players

As I dream of official solo server 

I was one of the first to want the current small tribe, to give the solo ... the servers will be full
Gravel 8000k of mega tribe

On 3/16/2019 at 6:14 AM, Keduar said:

Fix that god mode on Xbox official asap. need to focus on one thing i think is fixing all meshing and now that god mode so ppl can actualy build and have fun with this laggy as game.

Hey it’s the no tame guy again lol. you wanna know where the godmode glitch doesn’t exsist? No-tek/no-taming servers. 

This will just be another small suggestion for the notame servers in the hopes you actually help our loved cluster get some population again, nothing to crazy this time. Can you please just make it constantly x2 gather, exp etc, x3 even if you feel generous, this will keep the player base a bit more consistent and not feel like a huge chore to rebuild over the weekdays when you get raided. 

Shoulder pets! a fellow notamer mentioned a dev saying he’d love to see shoulder pets in notame(not sure if this is true but a lot of us love this idea). You can make them count as 10(or even 20) to the tame limit like boats so the most you can have would be 30/15 shoulder pets(without having any rafts) this would give us some new PvP options which we would appreciate. I would personally like it if we could breed them, but only for colour mutations and not stat mutations. Stat mutations could make it unbalanced in favour of shoulder pet PvP. Lol. 

To continue with the pets, Having cryopods would be great to take our shoulder pets around with us without having to upload them only to find a drop to get them back out(this mainly applies to aberration cause a drop can be a real B to get to sometimes with how they work). We would hold poké battles every week. As it is us alphas hold semi-regular PvP matches for the newer players with spare flak bp’s and motorboats as prizes. 

This is my third post for the notaming servers, I will start posting suggestions more often and get as much feedback from other notamers as I can for more suggestions to improve on what is the best and least broken servers you have made. 

Yeah the devs should really focus on the NoTek-NoTaming servers, which are still populated but just not many servers. What I believe would help and even encourage more players would be 

. Shoulder Tames. These tames don't make players OP in PVP but will help the PVE aspects. 

. Modifying the Engrams so it takes away saddles but can replace them with either new items such as backpacks, lure grenades (similar to a smoke grenade except it lures and attracts all dinos to it) or bring in items and engrams from primitive plus. 

. Nerfing the Bosses damage and health stats to give the players an end game goal. Also adding in Tek will give the servers more reason to truly grind. 

. Supply drops and loot drops having more chances of giving higher tier BPs and weapons. 

. Boosting the XP given to players and a constant 3x harvesting. 

I highly doubt the busy developers would see this but I hope they do and I know many of arkers on this forum laugh and scoff at the idea of No taming servers but I believe the devs should pay attention to all aspects of the game

• 2 weeks later...

What would really be a cool server idea that I know tons of new people would like, is a import restricted PVP mode. You can transfer your character to these servers, but you can’t transfer exsisting Dinos or items from other servers into the server. However, what you raise, collect, craft in that specialty server can be transferred out. A specialty server like this will allow new players to be able to learn the game online, learn tribes and how they work, establish themselves with players on the map, without the fear of someone coming into the map with sole purpose of to destroy every base on the map. The problem with PVP is that in servers, players will often jump to a different server, bring explosives, and a very powerful tame, wipe the map and then leave. Leaving new players and even some players with lots of time put in, restarting all over. This server idea would prevent those trolls and force everyone on the server to start fresh. Once they are really well built up, they can then choose to transfer what they want out of the server, but can’t ever bring it back. 

• 3 months later...

A solo, 1 person tribe limit official cluster. A quick perusal of Quora, Reddit, and other sites suggests that this is in the most demand. This would need to be tribe limit of 1 rather than no tribes to maintain the tribe log. Also, x4 rates to compensate for the increased grind (Considering no tribe limit servers are 1x, 25 tribe limit conquest servers are 2x, 6 tribe limit small tribes servers are 3x, etc.).

Edit: no alliances as well, to actually implement the tribe limit aspect. Also, do allow cross-ark transfer across the 1-person tribe limit cluster for variability/novelty. Also keep in mind that while small tribes servers solved the mega tribe problem, it left the alpha tribe problem firmly in place. This 1-person tribe limit cluster would help to solve the alpha tribe problem as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I was playing the test130 server on xbox and this server was amazing as it had the old school ark feel. It was one map on the island, max level Dino Was 120 and it was really rare to find high levels so it made for balanced pvp and taming a lot more rewarding. There were no transfers so you didn't have to worry about items from other servers or people griefing from other servers. It would be great if you could make a cluster of these servers and bring ark back how it used to be 

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 10:06 PM, ShurShonConnery said:

Yeah the devs should really focus on the NoTek-NoTaming servers, which are still populated but just not many servers. What I believe would help and even encourage more players would be 

. Shoulder Tames. These tames don't make players OP in PVP but will help the PVE aspects. 

. Modifying the Engrams so it takes away saddles but can replace them with either new items such as backpacks, lure grenades (similar to a smoke grenade except it lures and attracts all dinos to it) or bring in items and engrams from primitive plus. 

. Nerfing the Bosses damage and health stats to give the players an end game goal. Also adding in Tek will give the servers more reason to truly grind. 

. Supply drops and loot drops having more chances of giving higher tier BPs and weapons. 

. Boosting the XP given to players and a constant 3x harvesting. 

I highly doubt the busy developers would see this but I hope they do and I know many of arkers on this forum laugh and scoff at the idea of No taming servers but I believe the devs should pay attention to all aspects of the game

They really should   it would bring ark so many old and new players   

Just a little bit of attention sometimes     they know they should  there is alot of feedback for it and people faily trying to get contact with someone for it     

I dont know whats going on ? 

I now see ur post is from march 2019   did you get any respond back  or are you also still waiting?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would really like to see official servers of 3-4 players max per tribe and no alliances just like the small tribes servers, me and my friend played in alpha for playstation and were apart of a mega tribe and we were alpha on 3 servers but after we stopped playing we lost those connection and when we returned to the game we just can't get started because its only the two of us and you can't compete against the big tribes and even the 6man tribes on small tribe servers. I feel alot of people have the same problem by just not having a big enough friend group to compete and now they don't play the game so I think a server of this size would bring alot of players back into the game.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:16 PM, Sharkbaitsjs said:

I would really like to see official servers of 3-4 players max per tribe and no alliances just like the small tribes servers, me and my friend played in alpha for playstation and were apart of a mega tribe and we were alpha on 3 servers but after we stopped playing we lost those connection and when we returned to the game we just can't get started because its only the two of us and you can't compete against the big tribes and even the 6man tribes on small tribe servers. I feel alot of people have the same problem by just not having a big enough friend group to compete and now they don't play the game so I think a server of this size would bring alot of players back into the game.

Limited tribe size servers never work as proven by small tribes. People just team up.  Small tribes is full of 50-100 man coalitions that control multiple servers, it's basically megatribes same as main Official.

Archived