Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suggestion for a type of server that i don't believe exists. This comes from having played on the Fresh servers a few months ago, and I loved the experience of having a closed server where the game felt like starting over (instead of just buying old breeding lines, we actually had to find our own, etc).

I think a few new fresh servers on an isolated cluster would be interesting, for those who would like to play the game as if it was new, put effort into taming, breeding and exploring instead of trading.

Rules:

Small tribe rules (6 man tribe, no alliances, 3x)

Maps: One of each in a cluster

Arkpocalypse: character wipe once a month, weekly map wipes across all severs at the same time, no keeping dinos "protected" in upload space during map wipes. 

There is a Rust game mode similar to this that is very popular and for the more casual players who can't devote all the time to run a giant base or feel like getting wiped/stepped on when new by tribes who have been building up for months and who are bored. This is for the more casual players. Added benefit, you don't have to try and enforce your no teaming rule as much because the maps will just get wiped in a week anyways. 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:50 AM, Me3adows said:

We really need a game mode more balanced. We started on small tribes yesterday 3 of us and grinded our ass off and got 20 turrets up and metal base. Go to sleep and to work today and see we've been wiped. We don't want to play with random people so this means we can't have round the clock coverage and we all work and have social lives so we're unable to be on 24 7. We need something for the minority that don't want to join big/mega tribes so we can survive without being wiped.

Weekly server wipes is the only way to level playing field, tribes that have existed longer will be better. Sad for the most part, the game balance comes down to who started playing first.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:14 PM, Jen said:

Speciality servers are alternate game modes for ARK that last for a short period of time. Each new theme will bring on a new set of challenges different from that of servers currently available. However, these seasonal servers will wipe and change theme after a determined period of time.

We're looking for input from you Survivors today. We've set up a thread and we'd appreciate if you could drop your suggestions into the separate thread below.

Changes will revolve around edits that can be made to the existing config which means modifying ini and server settings. These types of changes can include many things like: tribe/alliance size, anything related to dino stats and taming, server rates, etc. This does not include things like mods.

Some examples can include:

• Solo, no tribes
  • Mammals only
  • No carnivores
  • Small Dinos only
  • Limited Tribe Members/No alliances

Add a high difficulty, ease in finding dinos with higher level. High temperatures (very hot during the day, very cold at night)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a story or canon cluster. One map of Island, SE and Aberration per cluster.

Player transfers only. Drops no longer provide means of transfers.

Everybody starts on Island and must Ascend to be able to transfer off. Maybe having to beat Beta to get to scorched and Alpha for Aberration. Or, even randomly send survivors to another map post ascension. Maybe even just start everyone on a random map.

Bosses only able to be fought at respective Obelisk. (Either add other fights to SE or finish the damn map, just finish it anyway!)

All non in game means of communication disabled, forcing folks to rely on gps, radio and such. I don't know how you'd enforce players not being in a party but I feel it detracts from the gameplay immensely.

Hardcore to really make people rethink 99% of strategies involved today where a naked player is expendable. 

Disable gamma and orbital view as well.

Reading the notes, it's obvious the Arks lash out at survivors who are doing well, incorporating a siege mechanic much like with upcoming corrupted dinos on the other maps would be a great way to keep pressure on the more established tribes. 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, Juggernaut said:

Weekly server wipes is the only way to level playing field, tribes that have existed longer will be better. Sad for the most part, the game balance comes down to who started playing first.

This is very true it is a rush to compete to survive. WC have a great game here but definitely needs tweaking to make it more sustainable for those who can't play all day every day

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to see some wild pvp/hard pve environment add to the pve cluster.

main probem of the pve cluster is that our dino never die except if u stuck them turning all bases into trophy hall.

Those servers would have wild lvl creature highly raised but all non tameable

Better farming rates (harder environment)

Loot quality would be a lot better than regular server but caves would be insane making bp seeking a lot more fun.

structure decay would a lot faster the point is to not set permanent base there but "temporary missions"

And those server should be (but that s my opinion) open to pvp, most of my pve steam contact love other pvp games like pubg etc... but not when it comes to ark (those big slowly soaking turret millons of turrets wars or offline raiding i watched on YouTube are not appealing to lot of us)

• 5 weeks later...

Purge PVE servers. 27 days of PvE rule set and 3 days of "purge night". This would allow players to enjoy their pve in safety and at same time have a 3 day reset to prevent taming cap pillar spaming issues that plague normal pve servers.

WC could also do it such that on 'purge night' they could sound the infamous purge siren and make the next 3 days always night with a red moon. 

Would be very fun for us who like pvp but has a group of friends who want pve....

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, FreeDougsie said:

Hello, 

•I’m a no tame player and it’s a current speciality server it could use a bit of love while you’re at it. You pretty much nailed the servers with the ten tribe member limit/ no alliances/ stats. But we could use some auto turrets(not heavy) it’s way to easy to tank plantX after you have some decent flak armour or spam flame arrows/ cluster grenades, Even after the buff. I feel it could use them. if you were to reduce the damage of them a tiny bit or have a limit to how many you can have in a area. Or per tribe even to avoid the chance of having them spammed all over the map. Have the engram set to a high level, mid 80’s is think(I haven’t been on offical in so long I forgot what level you even unlock the engram). 

Possibly reducing the number of Leed spawns. They can be a huge hassle, there was also a bug on the island where only one normal leed would spawn and 3 alphas. Needless to say they were dark times for our fleets. 

GETTING RID OF THE DAMN SADDLES!!!!!!! Life’s hard without tames and it’s really frustrating running the underwater caves, poison cave and deep sea drops only to come out with saddles and saddle bp’s. And it’s not like legacy when we would get platform saddles to grind up. Increasing the gather rate(I know you’re kidding me right) but making it 1.5x all the time with no weekend bonuses I think would be cool. Or something like this. 

Xbox has been dead lately for many reason mainly trolls for alpha is mostly what killed it. I think making some changes would bring a lot more players back to the notame servers. they are great and challenging servers that really need some tlc. Nobody would hate you if you wiped them completely so we can all start at square one again :)

•I’ve been saying for months now that a official small tame server(no larger tames) would be amazing and would bring me back to tames. maybe some medium tames be unmountable/ untameable to mix up the raiding metas. 

•Someone suggested a water world pirate like servers and that also sounds like it would be fun. 

And I shouldn’t need to say it because everyone else has said it but bring SOTF back and to console!!!!!!!

Hello I would really like to see notek-notaming servers get the love they deserve and I’m here to add some more suggestions to my post earlier this year. 

Right now we have 2 of SE, Rag, Abb and the island each. I’d love to see the center map make a return, it was always a blast to play on back in legacy notaming. adding extinction would be so much fun, You can easily remove a SE and Abb server to add these maps, with rag there’s already a huge SE section already. 

Adding extinction! I’ve played it only on my single player so far but it would be such a great challenge for us on notaming. I wouldn’t put tek in the cluster still but scouts and enforcers should be craftable in the terminals for us, OP crafts wouldn’t be possible without the replicator which would balance them out. The way I see this is they are more of a craftable, like a raft or motorboat. On the notaming cluster boats count towards 10 of your tame limit I think scouts should cost the same as a raft (10) while enforcers should be 25/30 towards your tame limit (which I’m sure is possible). 

The mek is something I’ve also played around with and as OP as it is if it was given a tame limit of 50/100 and maybe a lot of extra nerfs it could have its place in notaming. 

I hope somebody still reads these. Please, take my suggestions seriously, PLEASE save notaming!!!!!!!!! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 3:32 PM, LordRyot said:

A solo server would be great. With increase taming speeds and gathering. Possibly a slight increase to survivor weight stat

I would like this. PvE, 1-player tribes, more engram points, but I doubt it would be made over other types of suggestions, since we have Singleplayer... but the difference would be in being able to play with other players, just not in the same tribe.

I personally still want a "No Hostiles" server, to favor those who like to build, breed, tame, without the hassle of "AHH Raptor!!!" panic attack *dead*. if you poke a trike it will attack, but as long as you leave them alone, you are fine. The territorial creatures (like Theriz) would have to not be there, as well as no rage-inducing ones like pachyrhinos.

Imagine running around on-foot, on the whole map, without worry of dying, or losing tames because something attacked you. Building to your heart's content, without worry of "can a dino damage this" because there would be nothing to hurt your pretty pretty builds of thatch and wood. Run around looking at others builds, sharing your creativeness with the rest of Ark. Player-created eye-candy for all to delight in!

If they'd make this on one server, Wildcard could see how popular it is (or not) with just one server. Watch as it fills to capacity (or doesn't), then decide if this game could use more servers like that.

Maybe even a "Peaceful" kind of server, without food/water drain on tames/humans. I would go play there most definitely!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi . Sorry for my English im from Latvia . 
Can it be an official servers like Small Tribe with Turret limit 300 , Dino limit 100 on 1 tribe & with offline protection & small clasters like all maps on 1 cluster like CrossArk . Maybe it wold be good too if Tribe max players can be not 6 but 2 or 3 players . Maybe with some others good ideas so Solo-Duo players can play & live on PVP server more than 1 week . It wold be perefct , but if u cant it wold be nice just some EU SmallTribe CrossArk OfflineProtection Cluster
Thanks . ? 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:31 AM, Pixelle said:

I have a suggestion for a type of server that i don't believe exists. This comes from having played on the Fresh servers a few months ago, and I loved the experience of having a closed server where the game felt like starting over (instead of just buying old breeding lines, we actually had to find our own, etc).

I think a few new fresh servers on an isolated cluster would be interesting, for those who would like to play the game as if it was new, put effort into taming, breeding and exploring instead of trading.

This. Start with The Island only, then SE, then Abb, you get the idea.

After playing many hours on official servers and small tribes, I suggest some servers with the following features.

OFFLINE RAID PROTECTION two hours after the last user to disconnect from the tribe.
6 members per tribe.
NO alliances.
20 dinos per species per tribe (20 doddos, 20 rex, 20 gigas, 20 wiverns, etc ...) avoiding immense tribes in small tribes.
limit of 4000 any kind of structure (ceilings, foundations, dino gates, etc)  per tribe, or which avoids exaggerated spam and limits the bases are irraideables
limit of 400 turrets per tribe, 100 turrets per rank.
harvest x4, which would help to have more pvp.
The Titans can not be tamed.

@Jen

Regards.

20 hours ago, RealJRE10 said:

After playing many hours on official servers and small tribes, I suggest some servers with the following features.

OFFLINE RAID PROTECTION two hours after the last user to disconnect from the tribe.
6 members per tribe.
NO alliances.
20 dinos per species per tribe (20 doddos, 20 rex, 20 gigas, 20 wiverns, etc ...) avoiding immense tribes in small tribes.
limit of 4000 any kind of structure (ceilings, foundations, dino gates, etc)  per tribe, or which avoids exaggerated spam and limits the bases are irraideables
limit of 400 turrets per tribe, 100 turrets per rank.
harvest x4, which would help to have more pvp.
The Titans can not be tamed.

@Jen

Regards.

Thats can be good too but 20 dinos per species per tribe is too much i think . maybe 6 dinos per species per tribe or just dino limit 100-200 . 
& it must be some small cluster too not 100500 servers on 1 cluster
& what did u mean by 100 turrets per rank i didnt realy get it sory

1 hour ago, borsabrucci said:

Thats can be good too but 20 dinos per species per tribe is too much i think . maybe 6 dinos per species per tribe or just dino limit 100-200 . 
& it must be some small cluster too not 100500 servers on 1 cluster
& what did u mean by 100 turrets per rank i didnt realy get it sory

I mean 20 dinos per species because if you go to the chiefs arena you need at least 20 rexes, but as you say it could be a small limit of dinosaurs per tribe 100 or 200 dinos per tribe, the limited structures would be useful so that the tribes are not so extensive in territory and extremely powerful. You currently have a counter of 100 turrets per terrain serpent, I mean that limit continues but you can only place 400 turrets per tribe for example 100 turrets in your main base 100 in your teleporter, 100 turrets in the farm area and 100 where you like, but only 400 turrets on the same server per tribe, obviously the titan that is not tampered with because it turns the game of small tribes into an absurd, it is complicated to have the 6 members connected all the time so they defend from a Titan is impossible, forcing the tribes to live in caves which makes the game a bit boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived