Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

I been playing on SP a few days with an old PvE Legacy save where I used to play. Configs I changed were few, as I wanted a Legacy feel, but without all the stressors.

Primarily, no hostiles!

I used NPC replacement code to remove all hostile creatures and all creatures that would attack you if you got near them. Including things like dragonflys (attack you if there is a corpse nearby) and therizinos (attack you if you get really close). This does break kibble trees, but I personally dont mind sitting at a dino for 13 hours. No joke. I rather sit at a dino for 13 hours, than spend five minutes with a hostile dino.

I am pretty sure there are plenty of people like me who want to play to see the eye candy! I have spoken to numerous people who never spent more than a few hours in Ark, or even a few minutes, because it was "too hard" and/or "I died". Many people just want to see pretty things, and tame dinos, because DINOS!

FEATURES:

- MAIN FEATURE: All hostile/territorial/temperamental (attack unprovoked) dinos removed

- Ammonite, Pachyrhinos, etc spawns disabled due to their ability to turn non-aggressive into aggressive.

- Trikes, stegos, and other defensive type animals still spawn (dinos that wont attack unless you attack first)

- Survivor hunger/thirst/stamina also altered to require less maintenance (optional).

- Same harvest/tame/exp rates as official, and included in evolution weekends (optional).

- Breeding rates always 2x,  4x-6x on evo weekends (my personal preference, also optional)

I really hope this "no hostile dinos" server becomes a thing. I personally nicknamed my SP "fleeting" because my replacement codes replace every nasty dino with Ovis (fleece). I could imagine servers like this would bring in a lot more players into Ark, players who want to enjoy parts of the game (build, explore, dinos, eye candy) but wont play because other parts make it too hard for them, and/or because they dont want to die.  I may be willing to start up on official again, if this became an official type server.

Eye candy lovers! This is for you, and me! Love to build, collect and breed creatures, and hoard items, but hate dying every day.

Love and Peace!

P.S. I know some you people who like challenges would be quick to criticize me (as many have before) and this kind of change with statements of "Where's the challenge?" "but it is a SURVIVAL game" If you think to tell me about it, chances are, I already heard it, so please dont waste your time.

Adrenaline hurts me, literally, physically. That "fun" that many gamers want from games, that adrenaline rush, is bad for my health. I only put up with Official Ark all these years because there was too much good eye candy in this game. but no more! I had given up on official (not an easy choice) because it was too stressful, and taking up too much time.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably better suited as a mod than a specialty server, but I figured I'd toss it out there to see what people thought or maybe inspire some other ideas.

Gametype:

• PvP

Players changes:

• Start with X number of level ready to apply to kick-start your character.
  • Start with all the basic engrams, (Cloth armor, Hatchet, Pick, Spear, Sleeping bag, Campfire, Small Storage Box etc..) and no engrams are learned through leveling. Everything must be found in blueprint form. This encourages raiding etc.
  • Blueprints can be consumed to learn the engrams, but at the loss of any quality or bonuses the blueprint may have had.
  • Stats are leveled by using them instead of applying points (Aside from your initial X number of levels on character creation). E.G. the more you chop wood or attack things with melee weapons, the stronger you character gets. The more you sprint, the better your stamina gets, the more you craft, the better your crafting skill etc..

Changes to loot:

• Every single engram is available as loot.
  • Fertilized eggs can be found in the wild.

Changes to creatures:

• Wild adult creatures can no longer be tamed.
  • Wild babies spawn at lvl 5 and can be tamed.
  • You can also steal wild fertilized eggs. Wild eggs hatch as lvl 5 creatures.
  • Creatures gain xp at 3x the rate, but all lvls will be applied randomly (no choosing where to apply points). This makes breeding even more important.
  • No on demand breeding, but females may lay fertilized eggs/get pregnant at random when mate boosted.
  • Tamed creatures may be bred with wild adults, but this may obviously require a bit of effort to accomplish.
  • Oviraptors stack with diminishing returns to increase rate of random breeding and chance of bonus levels on the eggs/babies.
  • Weight capacity on non-pack mule type creatures is nerfed drastically. All weight reduction characteristics of creatures are removed. Weight capacity on pack-mule type creatures is increased. This is to encourage the use of multiple dino's and teamwork for farming trips instead of a single creature to do it all. 
  • All flyers have substantially less weight capacity. So much so that the type of armor and gear you have with you has to be carefully considered. Flyer's are for scouting and fast traveling, not as work horses. When carrying players or creatures, stamina drops rapidly.
  • All flyers can dive like the griffin.

Get more primitive servers back. Nurff the arthros biting stone in this game mode. Stone is our last structure tier. Arthros with 300%md makes 5x more damage than 500% md giga. And make stop that chinese tribes always exploit with lootbodys and ddosing on raids. 

all people who i know and which played primitive say thats the real ark and they love it to play. 

But introducing non-nurffed arthros is killing this game mode.  

We lost already all because of this. And we were on the way to win against the other alpha tribe before the arthros.

Thank you.

Are Oceanic servers of these new varieties planned?

I attempted to generate discussion on this several months ago and got shut down by forum moderation.

Since both Arkpocalypse and Small Tribes both continue to have zero Oceanic servers, I'm concerned that these new types (which seem to address issues with the standard PvP/PvE ruleset) are not ever going to see the light of day for the Oceanic region.

I like the ocean world idea but I'd like to modify it by suggesting we have land but only allow building on platform saddles and rafts.

Dino's tamable but in far less numbers and only the platform saddles are available. 

Turn us all into nomads.

EDIT:

Or, a semi hardcore mode where you're given 3 resurrections upon creating your character but when they're gone, they're gone. Maybe possible to earn more whilst playing but only by doing something very very difficult to achieve. 

I've always fancied playing hardcore but I don't like the thought of losing weeks of work because of a DC or lag or router/xbox issues. So a little bit of a buffer would probably entice me across to give it a try.

We really need a game mode more balanced. We started on small tribes yesterday 3 of us and grinded our ass off and got 20 turrets up and metal base. Go to sleep and to work today and see we've been wiped. We don't want to play with random people so this means we can't have round the clock coverage and we all work and have social lives so we're unable to be on 24 7. We need something for the minority that don't want to join big/mega tribes so we can survive without being wiped.

Solo servers seem be getting asked for alot. I agree we need them both for PVP & PVE....Small tribe servers don't really work for solo player because you're fighting 6 player who can farm up more then a solo player even on 3x unless that solo player is on 24.7 and grinding like superman. Even on PVE solo players can't do much to fight off bigger PVE tribes and there pillers/bases. Most of the time solo players are left hideing on PVP untill there found or left with no room on PVE server with bigger tribes pillering it up...

Solo severs

Rates 3x or 5x

Tribe size 1

Primitive Plus server would be nice

No Alliances

offline Raid Protection on some of the solo servers not them all.

Pvp & Pve servers

On 7/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, cwstargirl said:

Solo servers seem be getting asked for alot. I agree we need them both for PVP & PVE....Small tribe servers don't really work for solo player because you're fighting 6 player who can farm up more then a solo player even on 3x unless that solo player is on 24.7 and grinding like superman. Even on PVE solo players can't do much to fight off bigger PVE tribes and there pillers/bases. Most of the time solo players are left hideing on PVP untill there found or left with no room on PVE server with bigger tribes pillering it up...

Solo severs

Rates 3x or 5x

Tribe size 1

Primitive Plus server would be nice

No Alliances

offline Raid Protection on some of the solo servers not them all.

Pvp & Pve servers

Agreed! This would make the game more dynamic and actually provide players with a challenge to use their own skills in fair fights versus other solo players, without having to worry about getting completely wiped by a 6 man tribe. But something would have to be implemented so that on the solo player servers, players can not team up and join together during raids.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, cwstargirl said:

I know theres some no tame servers but what if we had it were you couldent tame dinos but all dinos would have nest ingme to lay games players had to hunt them down to get there dinos? eggs woud be a low spawn

This is not something that can be changed via the INI. This would be a complete new game mode.

Speciality servers, as explained in the OP are about setting changes for the server in the config files.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, MetalstormHaze said:

First person shooter battle Royale. Possibly never ending.

Less wild spawns, random wooden boxes and extra loot with random weapons and armour.

No building

No taming

Fixed level

All Tek weapons and armour engrams unlocked (for the sake of loot)

Already tried but they failed...  ARK: Survival of the Fittest

I think it would be nice if there were special servers that made it so raiding could only be at a specific time. So structures cannot be destroyed by other people unless it’s raiding time. You can still kill other players at any time but not be able to break walls or doors with weapons or games until raiding time. Raiding times would last for hours during scheduled times (typically the times where the server sees the most population and raiding hours should end when the majority of the servers region is asleep.) of course these times would change during weekends. I feel this would allow people the proper amount of time prepare for the possibility of a raid before the time comes without their base being destroyed by someone on a wyvern or someone with C4 at any time. I feel like this would accommodate people who don’t have times to be on all the time to make sure they weren’t raided or to grind more peacefully  during non raiding hours.  Something very close to how Conan Exiles is.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived