Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say if ark brought back vanilla servers it would bring back a ton of old players, including me.

No Tek, no transferring between servers, no titanosaurs, no alliances, have the max players in a tribe around 10-15, and make the max turret limit about 300. Also have resource gathering and xp and taming rates at 2x

12 hours ago, Maeyla said:

For the new small tribe servers

I would really really like to see ORP with them

with these small tribes we can't protect them 24/7 so i think that would do it really well here

Without Alliances, people aren't able to use exploits like hiding their bases behind alternative accounts, which is great!   This could work, but are there any other exploits?

Solo, No Tribes, ORP - or Non ORP,
Fliers can be tamed but not ridden,
Land caravan dinos boosted Resistance / Travel Buff.
Constant x2/x3 Harvest/Exp x3 Baby Maturation/Hatching/Mating Intervals
Scaled down boss battle suitable more solo attemps
Players must decide the best way to traverse the land on foot
Extended structure height limits
Clustered serves allowing access to only 1 of each map

Solo tribe servers with maximum limit of 1 person in a tribe being 1v1. This would allow solo players who either do not have time to be in a large 6 man tribe or simply want to go for the challenge and play alone to see what they can accomplish. The gameplay and pvp would become more intense and enjoyable and raiding would be a new experience, trying to figure out how to raid by yourself. The pvp would be more challenging and give everyone a fair chance on the server, since it is every man for themselves. These servers would eradicate 6 people teaming up on solo players on the normal servers we have now, and would allow for more fair play in the end. 

Current servers seem goalless to me so i'd like to see these conditions :

A ) Tribes be created in game menu not inside a server
B ) People could join these tribes in game menu
C ) Lets say I join tribe "ABC". Then in all servers i just should be a member of that tribe "ABC". Not that i can play in "ABC" tribe on one server and in "XYZ" tribe on another server.
D ) Tribes have like 50 or 100 members limitation. These members could be scattered in multiple servers.
E ) Tribes have a rating number which is based on different factors like how many people or dinos they kill...etc.
F ) There should be a ranking for tribes based on their rating number so the game don't be goalless.
G ) Alliance is just fine.

Pvp Tamer's Servers" with increased taming rates and 6 survivor tribe limit.

"Pve Tamer's Servers" for increased Taming rates.

"Pve Breeder's Server" for increased Breeding, Maturation and Imprinting rates.

"Pve Architect's Servers" for increased Resource and Gathering rates.

"Pvp Veteran's Servers" for Hardcore Mode with increased rates all around and 5 survivor tribe limit.

"Pvp Novice Servers" for increased rates and higher HP for survivors and Tamed Dinos and 8 survivor tribe limit.

Rotational spawns - Spawns from all the dlcs replace random spawns on all maps running this type of gamemode, different spawns each day
Tek world - All tek structures/items are already learned, all creatures on the map drop element
Auto learn engrams servers- A server where people don't need to spend our engram points... Structure blueprints are removed from all supply drops, drops are randomized, Dlc materials are obtained from drops, Dlc engrams are adjusted to use the materials from the map currently running this gamemode.

On the server I played, there was 3 tribes teaming, obviously before they joined they knew each other and planned an alliance. So this is 3 tribes with 6 players each, each using another exploit with which when some players aren't online, they kick them and put them in a metal box at their base and invite more players, so they each always have 6 players online and extra players than the other tribes, they all went around the map attacking every tribe they could and raiding them before anyone had turrets to defend, C4 comes easier and earlier than turrets. Players always seem to find a way to ruin Ark and it just sucks because the majority would really love to play a fair Ark and that's all we want, is to play a fair Ark... Without any negativity I just wish the developers done more to fix the Official servers, we DESPERATELY want to play Official without needing so many players.

I think they can fix this exploit - When a tribe member is kicked or leaves tribe, they can't join the same tribe for a few days or a week.
There's still an issue with tribes teaming prior to joining the server, I think it's good to make friends on your server but when they join the server with 3 tribes or more full of people and intend on attacking the entire server as soon as they can it just ruins the experience. If this could be toned down it would be great, maybe rebalancing turrets and explosives, or explosive damage, something to make defending your base possible at early stages.

I hope Wildcard see this or just notice the exploits and attempt to fix them, that's all I can ask for. Please Wildcard, we just want to play Ark on Official.

Duo tribe limit server
Would be great for us that has been with you since the start and dont have a group of 6 to play these new small tribe servers.. And my guess is that there is a lot of players that are either solo or duo, would give everyone a great experience..
And it would not be bad to at least give it a 30 day trail and see how they go :)

3 minutes ago, xRisenx said:

Duo tribe limit server
Would be great for us that has been with you since the start and dont have a group of 6 to play these new small tribe servers.. And my guess is that there is a lot of players that are either solo or duo, would give everyone a great experience..
And it would not be bad to at least give it a 30 day trail and see how they go :)

Definitely worth a try, I see so many players asking for a tribe to join because they're solo, or so many struggling solo and duo players, me being one of them.

9 hours ago, Hobbitt said:

On the server I played, there was 3 tribes teaming, obviously before they joined they knew each other and planned an alliance. So this is 3 tribes with 6 players each, each using another exploit with which when some players aren't online, they kick them and put them in a metal box at their base and invite more players, so they each always have 6 players online and extra players than the other tribes, they all went around the map attacking every tribe they could and raiding them before anyone had turrets to defend, C4 comes easier and earlier than turrets. Players always seem to find a way to ruin Ark and it just sucks because the majority would really love to play a fair Ark and that's all we want, is to play a fair Ark... Without any negativity I just wish the developers done more to fix the Official servers, we DESPERATELY want to play Official without needing so many players.

I think they can fix this exploit - When a tribe member is kicked or leaves tribe, they can't join the same tribe for a few days or a week.
There's still an issue with tribes teaming prior to joining the server, I think it's good to make friends on your server but when they join the server with 3 tribes or more full of people and intend on attacking the entire server as soon as they can it just ruins the experience. If this could be toned down it would be great, maybe rebalancing turrets and explosives, or explosive damage, something to make defending your base possible at early stages.

I hope Wildcard see this or just notice the exploits and attempt to fix them, that's all I can ask for. Please Wildcard, we just want to play Ark on Official.

Yes this replacement trick can be countered like that

PVE would be nice on the small tribe servers .

and to answer a question I saw earlier, I like the higher rates but being one who works a lot....  there's not much play time there and I only play with a few other people that work a lot.. so like you know,  you work all week finally get to sit down and play your game and all your stuff is destroyed so on and so forth,  kind of takes the enjoyment out of it.. and I'm sure there's others out there that feel the same way...

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived