Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

Forgive me if it's been suggested but I'm not going to read through 11 pages.

I'd like a ground and ocean only server. No flight of any sort. Not open for transferring to/from flight-allowed servers. Everything else will be identical to normal official servers. It seems like such a small detail, but the lack of flight completely changes up gameplay.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my ideas would be to make solo servers (no alliance) that do not wipe and have vanilla rates as well as have evolution events. I would also like to see 3 or 4 man tribes that follow vanilla rates and do not wipe as well. this is just a couple of ideas i have to present currently that would make my time in ark more fun. I have quit ark because of the official servers being such a mess but am hoping some things will be fixed as i am looking forward to wasting my life away in ark again. 

Ok so. I've been playing ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox for almost 3 years now. I love it. Its a great game. However, I am guilty of leaving the game to play Fortnite and PUBG. Lets be honest, the battle royale games have been dominating. I also play on PC, which has Survival Of The Fittest. WHAT HAPPENED??!! It was a great mode. It would fit in with the battle royale genre while still being very unique. Please, Studio Wildcard, save the game. Bring Survival of the Fittest to consoles and update it again. Give it the love it deserves.

"Back to Basics" Server

No tribes.

Everyone who works together will literally be based on trust alone.

150 structure limit including walls, ceilings, storage bins, etc. Forcing each player to make a small but efficient base.

Likely what will happen is every survivor will be able to create a base but not walls to surround it.

Now players would have to stay on the move,  stay hidden, or build villages together.

Both Pve and Pvp servers

Same tame limit as normal and can craft all the weapons and ammo you can normally. With the same server settings as the new ×3 small tribe server settings with a little extra boost to ×3.5-4 to account for no actual tribes.

I feel this would give an interesting dynamic to the game to try out. It would keep you in that sense of suspense early game keeps you in but through out the whole experience.

It would really be you and the essential basics against the Ark. and maybe anyone you can trust to help you out...

I think a 150 structure limit server would be a fun challenge and what can it hurt when if it is not popular it will only be up for 60 days?

I think people would be surprised how fun and challenging the limit can be as an option to play with.

It will really give the "survival" experience for sure.

• Volunteer Moderator

A question for those that keep asking for PvE Small Tribe servers...

Do you want them because they have small tribes limited to 6 players and no alliances, or do you want them because they have higher rates? If it's only because of the higher rates and not the tribes then you need to suggest PvE Speciality Servers that suit what you want.

The true survival of the fittest

- 140 Players. Superior server side performance to support 140 players
- Either small dinos allowed or no taming. 
- Offline raid protection
- Raid boss optimized for no taming.
- Structures not allowed on resource places and no cave blocking
- Pin Code allowed on storage
- C4 and grenades does 0 damage on own structures to prevent insiders.

- Boosted Harvesting and EXP Rates! (2x rates of normal -- so with the current event, it's pretty much 6x OLD-ARK!)
- Titanosaur removed
- Auto Turrets removed
- Heavy turrets removed
- Tek turrets removed
- X-plants limitation will be 200.
- Rocket propelled grenade removed
- Rocket homing missile removed

- Difficulty Level is currently set to 2.0
- Tribes are limited to 10 players
- No alliance

- Isolated Cluster
- 50% Higher Base Weight and 50% increase per level too
- More engram points per lvl.

- Max movement speed will be 100%.
- Decreased MS Stat

3 minutes ago, GP said:

A question for those that keep asking for PvE Small Tribe servers...

Do you want them because they have small tribes limited to 6 players and no alliances, or do you want them because they have higher rates? If it's only because of the higher rates and not the tribes then you need to suggest PvE Speciality Servers that suit what you want.

personally because I cant/wont speak for everyone I want them for the limitations they have I could careless about the rates that's just a bonus in my opinion. There are many of us that do not excel nor care for the pvp aspect

'Become the Hunter'

Someone already mentioned "Play as Dinos" but I'd like to flesh this idea out a bit the way I pictured it.  Either on current PvP or speciality you can create a new character as an NPC carnivore.  Rex, Carno, Raptor etc.  I don't see much interesting gameplay when spawning in as a poop pig.  You spawn at lvl 5 with no advantage over a wild dino except your more intelligent control.  You can level up the dino by hunting vegi-saurs or go straight for your real game.... man.  You wouldn't get very far trying to assault a well defended base in a Rex even at max level with no resists but you could hunt people that are out and about, maybe stalk the mining areas etc. 

A few necessary things for balance:

- A 20 hr cooldown between spawning as a Dino for your account.  This is to try and avoid 'free bullet sponges' for draining base turrets.  People can do this once in a while for a laugh rather than using it as an assault mechanic over and over.  Perhaps this could be variable based on the dino selected, the full 20 hrs for the Rex but maybe only 4 hrs following a Raptor run?

- Other carnivores would not aggress when in this form, making it easier to get around and find some prey.

- Other players would not know they are fighting a player controlled dino until something is killed.  Spyglass shows info like an NPC dino but the movement should make it pretty clear.

- Player controlled dinos are not tamable, to stop someone levelling up a Rex to max and then calmly allowing themselves to be tranqed inside a base.

- Potentially prevent any structure damage by a player controlled dino, even thatch.

- De-spawns on logout, having player controlled Rexes snoozing all over the place would be a bit odd.

- Perhaps randomise the server when this option is selected to prevent griefing / exploiting etc.  It's just a fun blast through the eyes of a dino as a break from metal farming. 

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, DaveSidious said:

'Become the Hunter'

Someone already mentioned "Play as Dinos" but I'd like to flesh this idea out a bit the way I pictured it.  Either on current PvP or speciality you can create a new character as an NPC carnivore.  Rex, Carno, Raptor etc.  I don't see much interesting gameplay when spawning in as a poop pig.  You spawn at lvl 5 with no advantage over a wild dino except your more intelligent control.  You can level up the dino by hunting vegi-saurs or go straight for your real game.... man.  You wouldn't get very far trying to assault a well defended base in a Rex even at max level with no resists but you could hunt people that are out and about, maybe stalk the mining areas etc. 

The Speciality servers are really only servers where it is possible to change the way things work via INI settings, such as the current speciality servers where tribes are limited to 6 players max, with no alliances, and rates are higher. All that is editable in the INI files. Making people play as dinos is a completely different game mode and not something that can be done via INI.

I'm not saying your ideas aren't good, but I wanted to make sure you realise what Speciality servers are actually meant to be.

A quick fix that the studio can make consists of a few things split servers into 3 groups

Beginners -- (current) -- Advanced 

player lv Cap:    44 -- 100+ -- 200+

plyrCap:    70 -- 70 -- 100

tame cap:    20 -- 40 -- default

wild dino lvcap:    current -- 150 -- 200

tame dino max capable lv gain limit:    current -- 100  --  150

tame dino max lv cap:     current -- (reduce to 299 aka 300 will delete) -- 550

turret cap:    10 -- 20 -- current        (increase ammo slot cap across all 3 server types)

structure cap spam /// already coming

transfers can be progressed to higher tier servers but never regress to lower tier servers

player protection 18/24hr (afternoon pvp) - 12/24hr(pm - am pvp) - none (constant pvp) -- afternoon hours to be determined based on the server region. NA, EU, Asia ect featuring a timer specified for the region.    (optional)

constricting the cap on tames for (current)servers,  in addition to the raised player lv cap, raised dino spawn and dino lv cap and lv gain limit. Will push the advanced players who dedicate themselves to progression within the game will inevitably put them up into the advanced tier. lightening the load for the common community. allowing for the dead servers to be cut out for replacement as advanced servers ensuring enough options to space out the community in all 3 game types while hopefully meeting servers with no less than a 30 player activity

refine the game official ini to redistribute the experience needed for lvs for a more proper rate, for example it shouldn't take 400,000 for a lv after lv.100 maybe 100k limits per every lv after you reach that point

I think that Small tribes ( 10 or less, 1-2 alli) should be the baseline norm and Mega tribes and such should only exist on specialty servers.

But thatʻs me.

Anyways: Server idea: Nightmare

This game mode would be mostly normal except for changes in day/night cycles and dino behavior and based on the fact that the server has a finite lifespan and will be wiped.

At the beginning the days are longer and nights are very short but as the server ages the days grow shorter and the nights grow longer, until near the end of the servers lifetime it is almost always night time.

During the day dinos behave as normal. however at night the behavior changes.

For the first half of the servers life while days are still longer than nights, Wild Predators will get a slight damage and speed boost at night. Also at night, wild passive / flee dinos such as Petranodons and Parasaurs will become Neutral and fight back if attacked.

Once the halfway point is reached and Nights become longer than days. Behavior changes intensify.

Wild Carnivores begin to band together in packs like they do around a Yutyrannus. All wild herbivores and Passive/flee dinos become aggressive to humans and tamed dinos. increased spawns of Megalosaurs and Troodons

At night all wild dinos get a boost to speed and damage vs Players and Player structures that increases as the nights get longer.

During the day player craft/harvest/tame speed is increased and during the night tames breed and hatch faster.

What about servers where the only thing you can tame are herbivores?
No Carnivorous taming at all, including Ovi-Raptor.

If all Herbivores included a passive taming mechanic this would increase the need/influence of passive taming for these creatures. An actual 'build trust' with a Creature to work with you and help defend against the un-tamable, unruly beasts such as Raptors, Rexes, etc;

I dont remember if I posted this before...

I would like an official server, where "leavemealone" is always active on every player and tame. Some of the benifits of this game mode would include (but not limited to) helping new players to learn how to play this game (learn how to move, access inventories, build, explore, etc).

I wonder how many people started playing, and died before they learned how to get in their player inventory, or equip a weapon? I know that was my first experience. Stupid dilos.

I know I would enjoy a server like that, even now. A building delight to PvE players like myself, who hate losing tames and builds to hostile creatures.

Kinda like Peaceful mode for Minecraft, but with tamable everything.

Giga taming would be amazing!

Like everyone else sorry if a suggestion like this has already been posted. I'd like to see a server that had a "pubg-like" ring that closes the playing area. But unlike sotf or pubg it was like normal se. The ring would move slowly over a day and then stop for a day giving tribes the chance to build up for the next push. So the objective would be making sure you're tribe has beds inside the ring so you can respawn. Rates should be relatively high (3x maybe) and dino levels lower than on official (max 60ish). Server runtime should be until one tribe remains. And after a week the ring should be super tiny. I think this would make for some interesting pvp as people have to reloacate their FOB's to stay inside the ring. 

A server where Dino’s have age so they die after 3 months. With 3 times maturation and 2.5x tameing. Allow breeding of Every tameable creature so it’s up to the player if they want to keep the bloodline of their tames going strong or let them die out. Make it a pvp world with protected claimed areas so if your within a certain radius of your base you are pvp protected. Step outside that radius and you enter pvp area. Once A month 30min purge event allowed across server.  Special spawns of mutations across server, tame them or kill them for special loot drops. Like  vday chocolate or a soup that gives you x10 leveling for 5 hours. Or a soup that gives an extra point to put into your own states or a tames states. Add genetic mutations so we can take a tames DNA and insert it into another tames egg or pregnant belly. To gain some of its colors and states but never a complete match. Make this a permanent official server and allow both pvp and pve servers to transfer to it.

Mounted Combat Mode:

- Would use the current Small Tribe Server Settings but with the following additional restrictions

- No Flyers

- Only dinos that support mounted combat can be tamed ie Raptors, Wolves, Sabers, Anklos, Turtles

- Standard farming dinos can still be tamed - Anklo for metal/flint/thatch, Doed for stone, Beaver for wood, Trike for berries, Bear/Monkey for fiber

- Dinos that cannot be ridden can be tamed as well - dilos, dodos so forth

- No bolas but chain bolas still allowed

- Whips no longer dismount or disarm players ie only useful for farming and moving around dinos

- Player speed limited to 100%.

- Possibly no firearms

- Possibly no auto turrets

- No TEK tier

The idea would be to have players engage each primarily on low - medium tier dinos which rarely happens in the base game. So instead of everyone using Giga's and Rexes it would be people on Raptors fighting players on Parasaurs and the like with pikes, arrows.

I love the small tribe thing because huge tribes kill the servers also with having small tribes the amount of people probably should be reduced on those servers to keep from over crowding the sever with way to many bases a good thing to add as well make it to we're you can't even  build in spawn location that would keep that spawn trapping down y'all really should think about adding a digging feature like 7days to die that would be nice but on some servers and make it to we're you can't dig around or under someone base ?? small tribes best thing yet hopefully this isn't the newbie servers I was hearing about we're you can only lvl to a certain point that would be horrible need this for regular everyday player's who don't like big tribes

I should have read it before I posted we need small tribe servers for regular everyday player's with everything the normal way need this for people who don't like big tribes all this not being able to have turrents and bolas no Tek not a good idea we need small tribe servers for us everyday ark player's who like it the way it is just don't like big tribes

Solo or small tribe, boosted PvE servers please.  Despite all the comments on the small tribe discussions on twitter the PvE players are not receiving any replies. I understand the reasoning for small tribe PvP servers and think they are a great idea, but please can we offer balance to the community with the construction of solo/small tribe servers for PvE please, along with the associated boosts that have been allocated to the PvP small tribe servers. 

Ark is a game which is currently balanced to the tribe system in ALL game modes, but lots of people prefer solo. A rebalance to the stats on PvE would allow those of us who don't want to be in large tribes to enjoy the game as much as those who do.

23 hours ago, GP said:

I'm not saying your ideas aren't good, but I wanted to make sure you realise what Speciality servers are actually meant to be.

Understood, thanks for the clarification.  I just wanted to get the idea down really and this seemed like as good a place as any.  Should I move it to a more appropriate suggestions thread?

Skeleton skinned Dino's vs non-skinned Dino's

Which ever dino type has the most tames on a server, receive 2x buff compared to other type. 

Alpha of that type have 5x times buff.

One alpha tame per dino category.

Alphas near other same type dino increase the like dino type to 3x

Most popular tames are harder to acquire and harder to tame due to their difficulty buffs.

This should Allow players to change the server balance based on tames.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived