Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ascension Servers

Servers that make you Ascend from one map to the next after defeating each Boss. To Play the Game as I think it was attended to be played.

You would have to upload dinos and items before defeating the Boss to have them when you land on the next map.

With 1 mega tribe (70 Survivor Limit) PVE servers resulting in the previous map and base/city being wiped for the new one. Having one giant tribe run a map and ascend together might make for a fun experience. Choosing their 10 warriors to face the boss for them and having every survivor regardless of location ascend at once. That would be movie epic. Tribes could even make up competitions in their servers to choose champions to face the boss. And it would be a community involvement to prepare them for the battle. Breeding, crafting, taming, could be done by the whole tribe to give their 10 champions the best chance of winning. That would actually be really fun.

Allowing for a more fulfilling game progression for these particular servers. Maybe even an extra reward for making it to the next map in line.

I think it would be a good challenge for seasoned tribes.

And with Extinction around the corner, maybe making them line up with its release for some tribes and servers to Finally get a chance to play the game from start to finish.

3 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

Ascension Servers

Servers that make you Ascend from one map to the next after defeating each Boss. To Play the Game as I think it was attended to be played.

You would have to upload dinos and items before defeating the Boss to have them when you land on the next map.

With 1 mega tribe (70 Survivor Limit) PVE servers resulting in the previous map and base/city being wiped for the new one. Having one giant tribe run a map and ascend together might make for a fun experience. Choosing their 10 warriors to face the boss for them and having every survivor regardless of location ascend at once. That would be movie epic. Tribes could even make up competitions in their servers to choose champions to face the boss. And it would be a community involvement to prepare them for the battle. Breeding, crafting, taming, could be done by the whole tribe to give their 10 champions the best chance of winning. That would actually be really fun.

And multiple tribe/PVP servers that cluster to allow the opportunity for full transfers between maps YOU have ascended to and unlocked through gameplay.

Allowing for a more fulfilling game progression for these particular servers. Maybe even an extra reward for making it to the next map in line.

I think it would be a good challenge for seasoned tribes.

And with Extinction around the corner, maybe making them line up with its release for some tribes and servers to Finally get a chance to play the game from start to finish.

I think the idea has merit from a PVE perspective.  If there was a time limit of 4 months to ascend before an asteroid hits and resets the maps - would make it interesting. So in order to play the next map, the one tribe needs to work together to get to the next map/level.  Would only the people who were online at the time of ascension ascend?, or just the people who fought the bosses?

I'm leaning towards just the people who fought the bosses would ascend to the next map/level   -- One problem though, when would the next map be wiped?  When the first survivor arrives on the map, or at the same time as the original starting map...?   That would make it insanely hard by the end of the 4th map leaving only 1 month to complete each map, some maps would be quicker, so it might balance out well.  Would force people to work together if they want to survive to see the 4th map, which would be good !

1st person to arrive on each map is automatically the tribe leader, next five could be admins for the fun of it !  Kicking from the tribe would have to be disabled though.  If a tribe leader goes to the next map...Any admins or next in line would automatically be the new tribe leader, unless there can be some way to have gladiator fights to determine who the next leader is might be fun !

Don't know if any one has suggested this yet. But i wanted to try this in my private server, but did not have a large enough player base for it to work. What about starting a specialty pvp server that uses 3 different factions. Players would have to choose what faction to join when they spawn in. Land, Air, and Sea factions would be the focus. And each faction would have their advantages, like Air factions would have boosted taming times for flyers, but normal or reduced taming times for land and sea. Of course the server would have to use some modded creatures like the water wyvern to balance out air vs sea pvp. Land tribe would have access to better anti air defenses, as to not give air tribe a huge advantage over land. Water tribes would have underwater bases, but since their bases are more difficult to raid, they have limited defenses. This was just a thought. Of course there will be more things to tweak to balance things out. However this is the general idea of the mod.

5 hours ago, Mendoza said:

I think the idea has merit from a PVE perspective.  If there was a time limit of 4 months to ascend before an asteroid hits and resets the maps - would make it interesting. So in order to play the next map, the one tribe needs to work together to get to the next map/level.  Would only the people who were online at the time of ascension ascend?, or just the people who fought the bosses?

I'm leaning towards just the people who fought the bosses would ascend to the next map/level   -- One problem though, when would the next map be wiped?  When the first survivor arrives on the map, or at the same time as the original starting map...?   That would make it insanely hard by the end of the 4th map leaving only 1 month to complete each map, some maps would be quicker, so it might balance out well.  Would force people to work together if they want to survive to see the 4th map, which would be good !

1st person to arrive on each map is automatically the tribe leader, next five could be admins for the fun of it !  Kicking from the tribe would have to be disabled though.  If a tribe leader goes to the next map...Any admins or next in line would automatically be the new tribe leader, unless there can be some way to have gladiator fights to determine who the next leader is might be fun !

My idea was every tribe member would ascend at once to the next map regardless of location. It does have a lot of holes in it but I thought it would be a fun PVE server for people that want to strictly play cooperative.

Concept A - Only shoulder animals are tamable. Can even make it so they are the only animals on the island. This would make PvP interesting as you have small armies. Reduce the breeding and hatching time as some of them, like Compy, take almost 4 days to mature.

Concept B - Boosted rates, either everything or just XP, but have it on Hardcore mode. This can work with either PvP or PvE.

Concept C -  My personal favorite as I am currently playing it on Single Player. Difficulty is 0.144 so maximum dino level is 30. Do what you want to balance the rest out, but I play with 5x tame, 40x maturation, and 0.025 imprinting so I can take care of stuff in one session as it does not run while I am offline. You can limit the dino level ups to 30 as well. This makes the game a very satisfying challenge. I played official for over a year, and it was no longer a challenge once you tamed a decent dino and had flak armor. All these Unofficial servers are super boosted and have higher level dinos. Super stats just make the game boring after a day, and higher level dinosaurs mean nothing if you can get high level gear quickly. If anyone is interested in my full list of changes (spent a month testing it) then feel free to PM me. I actually play this more than my Unofficial server.

Concept D - Solo tribe, no alliances, PvE, hardcore. This is the ultimate bragging rights server. Have it on 2x or 3x experience so players do not become demoralized if they get jumped by a Raptor or Purlovia. You can even remove saddles for large dinosaurs and above to keep up the difficulty a bit.

Concept E - NO FLIERS. This will force players to create their own caravans on the ground. This would be interesting for PvE and PvP. Dinosaurs like Gallimimus and Procoptodon will become relevant. Once players obtain flying dinosaurs, they do not even bother with the land ones unless it is necessary for something (like Ankylosaurus).

Concept F - Very slow resource respawn rate. This will force players to consider how they harvest wisely, and show the effects of deforestation and other detrimental effects to the environment. Resources will become very valuable. I can see players focusing on fiber and leather goods with this, and underwater exploitation becoming a hot commodity as there will be less competition. Possibly have to be PvP so you do not get trolls and to "protect" your personal resource hubs.

Im calling my server suggestion "The Forgotten Dino's Comeback"
The most basic concept of it would be to only be able to tame non-rideable dinos, with the exception of three including Equus, Iguanodon, and Ovis. This way you still have mobility to cover the map. It would take longer than flying and have its challenges but also it's adventures! A tribe limit of 3-5 and 10 dino tames per person. I think max tribe of 3 with total of 30 dinos would be best. 
I'm imagining this as a more intimate play-through and a chance for the normally unused dinos to shine! You'd care more about the few dinos you do have. 
I also feel this offers the opportunity to build your character to have more of an impact on your game. Normally it's all about the dinos. 
I don't play PVP but i honestly would with these settings. It would make for some pretty interesting encounters. "Your 10 dimorphodons, to my 10 hyaenodons...lets go!"
Also....Please tell me Im not the only one that gets such a satifaction out of commanding my dinos to attack other dinos...Especially when im on foot commanding 3+ Rexes to kill. Such an awesome feeling!

Tamable Dinos List: Achatina, Archaeopteryx, Compy, Dilophosaur, Dimetrodon, Dimorphodon, Diplocaulus, Dodo, Dung Beetle, Giant Bee, Hesperornis, Hyaenodon, Ichthyornis, Jerboa, Kairuku, Lystrosaurus, Mesopithecus, Microraptor, Onyc, Otter, Oviraptor, Pegomastax, Purlovia, Titanoboa, Troodon, Vulture
Equus, Ovis, & Iguanodon

Now, sadly, this would only work, the way im imagining, on maps The Island, The Center, and Ragnarok. 
Id be interested to see how people balance the more utility dinos with attack ones with the 10 limit..this is where it would pay to make a few friends so maybe each one of you are only sacrificing 1-2 to have quicker fertilizer production, CP production, and whatever else.
Another huge bonus in my opinion, it negates the need for cringe-worthy, server-lagging, mega box bases. 
For rates, I don't think they would need to be crazy high maybe 2x-3x everything. It ain't going to be a big deal to gather everything by hand because you wont have mega structures to build or maintain. 
I honestly just might have to create my own server with these settings. If I do and it's something youre interested in...look for it in unofficial with the suggested server name above. 

Guest xXAyceXx

Some examples can include:

• Small tribes 0-5
  • All dinos except. Giga.Titan.Leedy
  • Cross server all maps.
  • Boosted rate like 5x Each.
  • Limited Tribe Members/No alliances

Beacons can be claimed as a kind of home only 2 per tribe no alliance and you can only build in a 250 meter radius around the claimed beacon that respawns with any quality every 6 hours.

The objective is to build up and fight other players at king of the hill regions until a legendary beacon lands with epic loot once looted another king of the hill region spawns and players must fight at the new area.

Your base is safe but you can lose anything you take into the king of the hill region and to succeed you must actively fight for the legendary beacon.

For some undecided reason the legendary beacons are good. 

You should stop adding fresh normal servers that will end up just like every other single normal server once you allow transfers (with blocked obelisks and resources, all good spots full of raided houses from players who already quit dissallowing others to build there unless they clean them first and with salty alpha tribes that wipe every new tribes or more alpha tribes comming from some of their other 10 - 20 servers to claim another server for their collection of unplayable servers.)

And instead add a bunch of Clustered servers with these rules that are not erased every certain ammount of time, so people can come and play anytime they want and people who love spending time here can stay all the freaking time they want to and not just wasting time till it gets removed.

You are still removing legacy servers, replace those with these servers with special mecanics as permanent servers instead of sending them to the waste as more normal servers.

As for some special server rules I can think of:

TEK Servers:

Give all players full unlock to TEKgrams as soon as they create their character. Also make all the loot crates include only TEK stuff and/or element. The rarity of crates should determine what you get, for example:

White: Element stacks
Green: Basic Housing Structures (Floors, walls, ceilings, windows, frames, doors, railings, stairs)
Blue: Tek Armor, Tek Sword and Shield
Purple: Sleeping Pod, Through, Generator, Transmiter, Light, Replicator
Yellow: Tek rifles, grenades and all mounts (Tek ATV Included)
Red: Cloning Chamber, Teleporter, Forcefield, Vaccum Compartments.

Medieval Server:

Dissallow all Metal and tek housing as well as Fabricator crafted weapons and every single carnivore saddle (Yeah all flyers are carnivores as well, notice I only ask for saddles to be banned so you can still tame your carnivores and order them to attack, just no mounting them. Dragons are important part of the Medieval lore and they don't need saddles to be mounted so...) Also increase the spawning of Equus; Having the server to be a classic knight experience where you can raid enemy bases with a bunch of swords, crossbows and siege weapons while riding your loyal horse. (If you want to allow Dilos or some easy to kill dinos dropping Spider/Dragon/Gorila Banners, Manticore armor skins and thropies just for the fun of decorating that would be awsome.)

Modern War Server:

Make all loot crates include engrams and crafted Fabricator craftable guns, ammo, weapons, gear and other tech as well as metal housing structures and the damn Tek ATV (to be used without the engram or give the engram to all players as soon as they start) Adjust the drop crates a bit like I stated on my example of the TEK Server.

Sunken ARK Server:

Allow all structures to be placed and used underwater, allow all weapons and gear to be used underwater, dissallow oxygen to drop from all players, dissallow all building OUTSIDE water (Players can still go out and gather resources any way they like). Strongly Increase the spawn of underwater lootcrates (If you want to add TEKgrams to players upon creating characters so they can get Vaccum structures and tek guns from underwater crates its all good.)

Dodo Cult Server:

A server that allows the summoning of tamed Dodorexes, zombies and Wyverns by crafting some sort of item; Like on their holyday events (You can also dramatically increase the stats of wild and tamed Dodos).

Factions Server:

A server with two or three prebuilt tribes (not controlled by any player) that force newly created characters into one of them at random with deactivated friendly fire and activated personal use structures, dino riding and pings to avoid griefing. Forcing them to collaborate and win aganist the opposing tribe(s). (Permadeath could be considered here, could be a game changer for the losing tribe to gain the upper hand if they kill the opossing tribe's best players.)

Capture the relics, they are worth more and more untill the end of the month allowing people to aquire them on last day and still potentially win! the more relics the more points ect ect, no building in or near relic spawns max tribe limits of 1 or 6 modes. Winners get  unique skins and points scored add up over games to unlock participation skins.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, DiamondHatch said:

At what time will the servers go up

They haven't stated a time yet, however, considering it is Tuesday today I suspect it is likely to be around 10am PST which is the alloted time that the weekly patches generally happen on PC. Doesn't mean it will be that time, but it makes sense that it would be.

I've always wanted the tribe count to be lowered with no allies, so my needs have just been given to me, thank you! My only other want would to see servers with less player count from 70 to 30 or something. I love being surprised by the enemy or coming across another player. When there's 70 people on a map, I come across people or a fight every 5 mins, it isn't fun. If I wanted constant pvp I'd go play csgo. If you cut server pop in half, you can add another server with that other 30 people or something.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived