Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2018 at 7:56 PM, GobbyD said:

From what I understand, any specialty server would only last around 2 to 3 months. It's still a decent amount of time, but a lot of people get burnt out after being alone for a month or so.

Leading a nomadic lifestyle doesn't mean you necessarily have to do it alone (you must have it confused with a hermit lifestyle). In fact it would probably be very beneficial to have some friends to help herd the tames and have your back.

Hello,

I played PvE for a long time and found that I reached my goals that my group set in PvP one year ago ish. First we did all in single player.

So after playing that and that game I found, you guys do not know what you have in character custom PvP performance.

Gaming is fun when more than controller settings is possible in PvP, simply for me, ARK. Let me expand, is simple aim and kill PvP? For me after PvE I failed both actions, but for my neighbor Sara a simple task. So many traps appeated in that game (freegame) after players moved I can only assume its old arkers.

As a player I want "out" options, alternatives if I fail in my gaming style.

ARK has this already done!

Clearly that and that game do not care about map or anything. Just to make snipe or attackers. As always in these games.

So what do I want in PvP? Sneaky ways to win, ARK ways. As everyone, do it that way I do it no-ones-way gameplay.

I know its out of scooe but I needed it to be said.

So for server setup just flyers and highest performance ground gameplay. Deep sea loot crates everywhere. I guess I could write forever about this.

Regards,

Ariana 

On 5/28/2018 at 6:38 AM, lashton said:

I am going to setup a Cross ark official rates server that will be cross ark compatiable, these server will NEVER wipe, 56- members per tribe, 1 alliance Official rates

56 per Trib... Servers with 70 people on it..... sry but this is what everyone hates megatribcancer. Might aswell play on offi.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:27 AM, CelorPlayz said:

I think what I’m going for is, servers on official. A BRAND NEW cluster. Where there is a tribemate limit of 14-15. And an alliance limit of 2-3. With 2X rates, and 4X on weekends

15 * 3 = 45 of 70 who wannts to fight a Trib when you still have 60+ % of the Server against you.

Just give us clusters with different triblimits. Duo Solo and 4 People per Trib are awsome.

Noone will gank up on you the Servers will be activ  and fun. If you wannt bigger Tribs just join a different Cluster and everyone is happy.

I always thought it would be interesting to have a server where random boss's would show up, kind of like Godzilla just popping out of the ocean to wreak havoc on what ever bases they happen to come across. Then after so many minutes they would leave. Could even have like random Tek airships dropping androids or killbots on the map that start running around murderering everything could get element or random tek equipment from them or something like that

Limited Tribe Members (max 7) / No alliances  (that means no megatribes)

No Bps (makes the game more fair)

No breed (makes the game more fair)

Cluster servers with transfer allowed (for pvp fun on other servers)

X3 rates (the rate is for the max size of the people who can get in the tribe)

No mods

No wipe

The problem with the official servers is the megatribes, the new people who buy the game needs to play unofficial servers (with sometimes admin abuse) or get raided by mega tribes who owns the official servers, a tribe with 7 members cant fight against an invasion of 70 people. Thats the reason because the people and new people quit the game because the megatribes. The megatribes are ok because the wars and the invasions are amazing, but if you make servers for those people who dont have the chance to get in a megatribe or simply they only want to play with friends, thats will be amazing.

Here's some settings that may help tribes get tek within the server's short life span while still insuring that people's tames can still take a beating

-Increased loot quality

-Increased health gain per level on dinos (that way they don't die so quickly to the high quality weapons)

-Increased melee gain per level on dinos (that way they can still be a threat to someone wearing high quality armor)

-Faster breeding rates and/or increased imprint quality

The number one issue with this lovely game is exploiting, cheating (aimbots, modifying config files), BUGS, and under-meshing.

The real question is what does Wildcard need from the community to get more people on staff to moderate players and improve the game from bugs? Hell, I'd be willing to pay $5-$10/month so you guys can hire more staff if you could promise regulation. I am sure many agree. We all love the game, but there are people out there who ruin it for everyone. Please seriously consider this.

As for a server idea, I think many would appreciate either a PERMANENT CrossArk or "set" of official servers that would entail a max tribe size of 10, one or zero alliances, and permanent 2x to 3x rates for everything. The only issues that would need to be sorted out is unspoken alliances, mega tribes invading with multiple tribes, boxing... to counter that needs some wise ideas. For the official "set" of servers, make it a max of 5 other servers they can transfer too to keep the idea of mega tribes wanting to join low.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:22 PM, Ryuk said:

RED vs BLUE TRIBE WARFARE

There could be a wall between two parts of the map which stops the teams from fighting early game. The players build up, tame and craft as fast as they can (very boosted rates) and then after the timer reaches 0 the wall separating both teams collapses. Then the two teams fight to the death until 1 team has completely wiped out the other team. Certain things shouldn't be allowed though, such as Plant Y as they are often spammed in pvp

• All engrams unlocked
  • Fast paced PVP
  • Losing doesn't feel punishing
  • Little time investment needed
  • Anyone can play
  • PVP in a controlled environment
  • No super dinos running around
  • Less reason for people to cheat (as nothing they have matters)
  • Short but fun games
  • No more grind
  • Every game could play out differently

Hows that sound? :D

This legit sounds fun.  But have the server ONLY wipe when one side has been defeated, AKA, every tribe on each side of (Red/Blue) will have a "flag" or "token" that they must hide. If captured, that tribe is defeated and would have to make a new character to begin again.  Don't unlock all engrams, but make it 3x rates for everything. 

Limited
These servers are to enhance PvP and make it easier to maintain a base with smaller tribes.

Settings:

Tribe Limit: 4-6 Players
- This means enough players to maintain and upkeep a large base & dino count, without giving 1 tribe too much control of a server.
- This means tribes will have less players to mount dino's and less bulk dino's making it harder to overwhelm your enemy.
(My reason for 6 players instead of 4 is to allow groups of friends that are slightly larger to fit into 1 tribe.)

Alliance Limit: 1 Alliance
- This means you can have 4-6 teammates from another tribe and a total of 8-12 teammates in one Alliance.
- This means your Alliance can't fill up a server to stop your enemies from joining and defending.

Movement Speed: Player Movement capped at 119.5%
- This means players cannot outrun bullets, making guns and spawn timers useful to create more balanced PvP.

Fuel Consumption: Fuel Consumption Lowered
- This is to make it easier for small tribes to maintain their base(s).

Harvest Amount: Harvest Amount Increased
- This is to account for the server being wiped monthly.

I strongly believe these servers would be so popular, players would rather them not be wiped monthly. 
This would make Ark easier to play and harder to wipe other tribes, giving everyone a better and longer chance at surviving and ultimately: Enjoying ARK on Official!

Please Wildcard, give us a chance at smaller tribes and longer lasting servers that don't get controlled by Mega tribes, we just want to play Ark!

If this is going to be a thing I have a few ideas to throw out there! Can be used individually, mixed and matched, or whatever!

1. 2-3 and 4-5 Survivor Tribe Limit. (For Small Team PVP and PVE)

2. Only Underwater Loot Drops. (With More Added Underwater to make up for them missing on Land)

3. Catastrophe Servers. (A Random Boss Spawns on the Map once a week at Midnight that specifically targets the Largest Bases, area with highest structure/dino count, etc.)

4. Servers with Higher Alpha Count.

5. Only Thatch and Wood Servers.

6. Servers with No Structure Engrams UNTIL Stone and Metal.

7. No Large or No Small Dino Servers (Some Servers with No Large Dinos and Servers with No Small Dinos)

8. Exploding Dodo Servers (Dodos Explode when Shot)

9. PVE Paintball and Capture the Flag Servers (Bullets leave Paint Splatter on Impact instead of damaging survivors and their dinos)(Separate Chosen Tribe Colors)(Each Base gets a Flag to Capture)

10. 120+ Level Alpha Rexs and 120+ Level Gigas drop a Random Tech Weapon.

The game is dying.

We truly need new cluster of servers with tribe limit 5-8[2-5 is fine too, SMALL TRIBES] players with an alliance limit of 2.

it can be x2/x1. Offline raid protection is fine too. [reduces the risk of toxic players who will abuse new players and weak ones]

Even with a toxic tribe of 8 players, the server can fight against. but as for today, with a toxic tribe of 50+ the server is done.

The game meant to be played by small tribes and the struggle to rise to power.

Please Dev, for the future of the game - put servers with tribe limit. It surely will bring lots of players that abandoned the game. 

It just might bring back the glory.

Thanks man. this is our last hope.

3 hours ago, Hobbitt said:

Limited
These servers are to enhance PvP and make it easier to maintain a base with smaller tribes.

Settings:

Tribe Limit: 4-6 Players
- This means enough players to maintain and upkeep a large base & dino count, without giving 1 tribe too much control of a server.
- This means tribes will have less players to mount dino's and less bulk dino's making it harder to overwhelm your enemy.
(My reason for 6 players instead of 4 is to allow groups of friends that are slightly larger to fit into 1 tribe.)

Alliance Limit: 1 Alliance
- This means you can have 4-6 teammates from another tribe and a total of 8-12 teammates in one Alliance.
- This means your Alliance can't fill up a server to stop your enemies from joining and defending.

Movement Speed: Player Movement capped at 119.5%
- This means players cannot outrun bullets, making guns and spawn timers useful to create more balanced PvP.

Fuel Consumption: Fuel Consumption Lowered
- This is to make it easier for small tribes to maintain their base.

Harvest Amount: Harvest Amount Increased
- This is to account for the server being wiped monthly.

I strongly believe these servers would be so popular, players would rather them not be wiped monthly. 
This would make Ark easier to play and harder to wipe other tribes, giving everyone a better and longer chance at surviving and ultimately: Enjoying ARK on Official!

Please Wildcard, give us a chance at smaller tribes and longer lasting servers that don't get controlled by Mega tribes.

Love your idea. but without the monthly wiped - it kinda makes the game useless.

With these kind of settings, the game will be much more enjoyable, I really hope they will hear our call!

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived