Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

On 5/11/2018 at 10:11 AM, Hahnibal said:

No dino respawn and no resource respawn. Boost harvest amount, but once the resource is harvested it never returns. This would make people really consider how important it is to craft more expensive things like the grinder or forge. Or is it even worth making a turret when you know you only have so many bullets? Also, it would encourage trading and inevitably conflict. Survivors could develop "companies" like farming crops for food or breeding animals for slaughter. Maybe they will create convoys of mammoths to gather wood and sell it like loggers. Everything would eventually become precious (even berries) toward the end. The Ark would be a barren wasteland where only the best survivors would still have resources and the rest may just try to band together to take them.

Perhaps it would be easier to implement if the resource respawn rates were greatly reduced instead of being eliminated. There would still be a shortage resources needed to spark such intriguing conflict.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nomad's Lands Mode:

On a Scorched Earth Map, structure decay rate is greatly increased and resource respawn rates is greatly decreased. This will force players to wander the map like Nomadic tribes in search of resources and make full use of equus, thorny dragon, and argy saddles as crafting stations. It will also encourage players to create interesting paracer platform builds to suit a nomadic lifestyle. Tents can be used as shelter when sandstorms hit.

To start i just wanna say i love this game ive clocked 1500 or so hours in the game.  With that said the only issue ive ever really had with the game was the balance between large tribes and small tribes,  ive just never felt like there was much a small tribe of 3 - 5 players could do to defend themselves from large 30+ player tribes. You can put the up the best fight you can and drag the raid on but its always just a matter of time till you fall to a large tribe. 

I would come running back to the game if there was vanilla official severs where the only change is tribe limit, say 5 players max per tribe and no alliance or limited alliances and you could only upload and transfer to other 5 player a tribe servers. I truly believe a ton a players would love the tribe limited official servers i truly think a large community would form around them. 

p.s. i just want to thank all of the devs working on this game, you all have truly made a wonderful game thats given me countless hours of enjoyment. i really cant thank you all enough (:

people play ark for the persistence..    short term servers are not  going to bring old players back, their only going to move players around from other servers.

the game needs another pvp cluster:  as for Bam's petition:   10-20 player max tribe limit,  and a limit to alliances.. preferably 20 players total per alliance. one alliance per tribe.

Also, someone told me on pixark, there is  a digital dino storage, where u upload your dinos into a "vault" .. and there is no decay timer...  This would GREATLY reduce the lagg..   get rid of the dino lag by adding a tek dino vault like structure..      and redo the kibble thing already..    get rid of the need for taming 100 dinos to produce kibble..   just lags the server and requires a bigger base (more lag) for no real reason

If you did this,  pvp would be amazing,  lag would be gone.  Put in something like 150 active dino limit, and breeders could still breed.  Add some kind of Large radius structure limit to get rid of the gate and railing spam..   

It has to be a significant cluster, with all map types and enough servers to move around ......and it has to be persistent,  extinction servers dont do well, cause their's no persistence.    make ark great again.. and people will come back....

Map: the island + scorched.

1.5x xp, harvest, tame, breeding. (Same as Arkpocalypse)

Tribe size of less then 10 players, no alliances, or maximum one. 

Character food/water consumption 0.9. Weight level up by 1.5x. Fortitude1.5x. Reduce movement speed to 1.0 per level up instead of 1.5. 

Dino stamina drain 0 9. Wild Weight stat and level up 1.5x due to faster harvest. 

Shorter nights, longer days (approximately 60 minutes=24 hours). E g 45/15min or something.

Less alpha spawns, no titans or eels. More spino spawns, less jellyfish.

Dino "trophies / tributes" drop 2x.

Structure dmg resistance +25% / +33%. Resources respawn 0.75 (closer to structures). 

Two-three months until wipe, but always depending on players and popularity. 

Can't think of anything else atm. 

I hope officials to open up more primitive servers, like primitivepvpofficialserver455. I have play  primitive servers 42 for 1000 hours. I like this model very much. But only two of the servers are left. So not many people continue to play the server. But if  reopened primitive servers, I believe a lot of people will come back and start again. Hope to adopt!Thanks!

On 5/21/2018 at 3:13 AM, bigfish502 said:

Nomad's Lands Mode:

On a Scorched Earth Map, structure decay rate is greatly increased and resource respawn rates is greatly decreased. This will force players to wander the map like Nomadic tribes in search of resources and make full use of equus, thorny dragon, and argy saddles as crafting stations. It will also encourage players to create interesting paracer platform builds to suit a nomadic lifestyle. Tents can be used as shelter when sandstorms hit.

Scotched is Cancer everyone hates it. Noone would play this Mode on Scotches...

Good idear for a new Mode but plz no.

7 hours ago, xrubjex said:

Map: the island + scorched.

5x harvest, tame, breed.

Tribe size of 6 players, no alliances. 

Character food/water consumption 0.9. Weight level up by 1.5x. Fortitude1.5x-2.0x. Movement speed 1.0 per level up instead of 1.5. 

Dino stamina drain 0 9. Wild Weight stat and level up 1.5x due to faster harvest. 

Shorter nights, longer days (approximately 60 minutes=24 hours). E g 45/15min or something.

Less alpha spawns, no titans or eels. More spino spawns, less jellyfish.

Dino "trophies / tributes" drop 2x.

Structure dmg resistance +25% / +33%. Resources respawn 0.75 (closer to structures). 

Two-three months until wipe, but always depending on players and popularity. 

Can't think of anything else atm. 

Noone plays on Unoffizal cause of thinks like 2xStats. The Stats are already balanced i dont wanna kill People with 220 Movement and 500 HP. And with 50 Fortitute Naconades become useles. 

You have 99 Pointd to spend plz dont just change vanilla Stats that just triggers me.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:19 AM, Fridean said:

Scotched is Cancer everyone hates it. Noone would play this Mode on Scotches...

Good idear for a new Mode but plz no.

Why not? Scorched Earth technically already gives you a lot of the tools you'd need to lead a nomadic lifestyle, from portable tents to morellotops that store water for you. Players who relish a challenge may be curious to try this mode out at least for a few months (which is how long the server would last being a specialty server).

21 hours ago, bigfish502 said:

Why not? Scorched Earth technically already gives you a lot of the tools you'd need to lead a nomadic lifestyle, from portable tents to morellotops that store water for you. Players who relish a challenge may be curious to try this mode out at least for a few months (which is how long the server would last being a specialty server).

From what I understand, any specialty server would only last around 2 to 3 months. It's still a decent amount of time, but a lot of people get burnt out after being alone for a month or so.

Well I appreciate how they are responding to what the community are suggesting now, however personally I think that the legacy servers need to go to open space up for new servers that can come out and stay out (not wiped) also I think the new servers should be 2x rates and tribe limits! Keep on doing the polls like you have done for how big tribes should be and then you can find out what the community want! Keep up the good work 

I would love to see "legacy" or "throwback" pvp servers that just have the dino's that were present in the game at launch like the raptor rex saber trike stego argy ptera etc. I would love to be see how the pvp experience differs from how it is now, with fewer and more simple tame choices and less threatening wildlife when exploring on foot. also no rocket/turret pvp servers might be an interesting thing to try out.

More Random ideas:
1. Hostile environment servers, force the entire map to through extreme temperature changes, these changes after its too cold or too hot will effect wildlife and reverse their personalities. Rex/gigas wont want to bother with you when its freezing and parasaurs/brontos (just random examples) will go berserk destroying players and any unfortunate buildings in their way...
2. Holiday servers, Servers that alternate between every holiday in ark each week with no disappearing of holiday structures.
3. Land of the dodos, dodos and only dodos will spawn in at random sizes in the server and chase players everywhere...

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived