Speciality Server Suggestions!

Jen

The Dodo Lord: Players can only tame dodos, dodos have 10x stats, limit construction to thatch buildings and stone tools, players cannot kill each-others dodo's but can be claimed by other tribes. There are two winners, the first winner is whichever tribe has the highest level dodo on the server, the other winner is whoever has the most dodos. But be wary, dodos have 10x the hunger drain, and must be fed by your own hands. Who truly has the patience to grind berries by hand to fuel their dodo army? What clever tactics will be employed to hide 700 dodos? Who will be driven mad by the noises of the chortling birds? Does a dodorex count as a dodo, and how am I supposed to tame it with a slingshot and a handfull of narco berries?

Rockwell's Experiment- The bosses wander the island seeking players as prey. Every boss is now unleashed upon the island and each can break all building types. Fight or flee!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it would be nice if there were servers where it was pve on weekdays but pvp on weekends, and you could transfer to other official arks. it would help newer players start out more so than your new "fresh servers" because once theyre open mega tribes will just wipe the alphas of those servers, but on thease servers they can build more and have less of a chance of getting wiped because they can prepare better.

Hello, 

•I’m a no tame player and it’s a current speciality server it could use a bit of love while you’re at it. You pretty much nailed the servers with the ten tribe member limit/ no alliances/ stats. But we could use some auto turrets(not heavy) it’s way to easy to tank plantX after you have some decent flak armour or spam flame arrows/ cluster grenades, Even after the buff. I feel it could use them. if you were to reduce the damage of them a tiny bit or have a limit to how many you can have in a area. Or per tribe even to avoid the chance of having them spammed all over the map. Have the engram set to a high level, mid 80’s is think(I haven’t been on offical in so long I forgot what level you even unlock the engram). 

Possibly reducing the number of Leed spawns. They can be a huge hassle, there was also a bug on the island where only one normal leed would spawn and 3 alphas. Needless to say they were dark times for our fleets. 

GETTING RID OF THE DAMN SADDLES!!!!!!! Life’s hard without tames and it’s really frustrating running the underwater caves, poison cave and deep sea drops only to come out with saddles and saddle bp’s. And it’s not like legacy when we would get platform saddles to grind up. Increasing the gather rate(I know you’re kidding me right) but making it 1.5x all the time with no weekend bonuses I think would be cool. Or something like this. 

Xbox has been dead lately for many reason mainly trolls for alpha is mostly what killed it. I think making some changes would bring a lot more players back to the notame servers. they are great and challenging servers that really need some tlc. Nobody would hate you if you wiped them completely so we can all start at square one again :)

•I’ve been saying for months now that a official small tame server(no larger tames) would be amazing and would bring me back to tames. maybe some medium tames be unmountable/ untameable to mix up the raiding metas. 

•Someone suggested a water world pirate like servers and that also sounds like it would be fun. 

And I shouldn’t need to say it because everyone else has said it but bring SOTF back and to console!!!!!!!

Umm, i know what im about to say is not something to do with the servers but i got a idea with the singleplayer. since your not with a tribe you wil have trouble later in the game wen you fight somthing like the three bosses and eind boss in the ark, so i have a idea that maybe helps with that. your player's damage is normally 1.00 right? maybe if every level you get on your character wil buff it up with 0,01 points so wen you reath level 100 your player damage is at 2.00 with dose the same damage as 2 players working together or maybe 3.00 player damage at level 100 somethig like that. but i just hope so muth that you guys (Develepers) wil see this since that chance is very smal sadley. but anyway i hope this wil help you make the game beter.

Guest DJRone89

Purge days with double structure damage, and higher structure resistance on standard days making the cost of raiding much much higher outside of purge days.

No dino respawn and no resource respawn. Boost harvest amount, but once the resource is harvested it never returns. This would make people really consider how important it is to craft more expensive things like the grinder or forge. Or is it even worth making a turret when you know you only have so many bullets? Also, it would encourage trading and inevitably conflict. Survivors could develop "companies" like farming crops for food or breeding animals for slaughter. Maybe they will create convoys of mammoths to gather wood and sell it like loggers. Everything would eventually become precious (even berries) toward the end. The Ark would be a barren wasteland where only the best survivors would still have resources and the rest may just try to band together to take them.

On April 30, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Jen said:

Speciality servers are alternate game modes for ARK that last for a short period of time. Each new theme will bring on a new set of challenges different from that of servers currently available. However, these seasonal servers will wipe and change theme after a determined period of time.

We're looking for input from you Survivors today. We've set up a thread and we'd appreciate if you could drop your suggestions into the separate thread below.

Changes will revolve around edits that can be made to the existing config which means modifying ini and server settings. These types of changes can include many things like: tribe/alliance size, anything related to dino stats and taming, server rates, etc. This does not include things like mods.

Some examples can include:

• Solo, no tribes
  • Mammals only
  • No carnivores
  • Small Dinos only
  • Limited Tribe Members/No alliances

On April 30, 2018 at 8:15 PM, MrCaptainPickles said:

Survival Of The Fittest

Hunger games style mode, start with nothing work up to have everything possivle within a set time scale, tame anything with random 2x taming boosts at intervals, scoreboards to show who is alive and who has died.

What ever happened to SoTF?  Or that other play-as-a-Dino thing they planned? Primal Survival?

On 5/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, Hahnibal said:

No dino respawn and no resource respawn. Boost harvest amount, but once the resource is harvested it never returns. This would make people really consider how important it is to craft more expensive things like the grinder or forge. Or is it even worth making a turret when you know you only have so many bullets? Also, it would encourage trading and inevitably conflict. Survivors could develop "companies" like farming crops for food or breeding animals for slaughter. Maybe they will create convoys of mammoths to gather wood and sell it like loggers. Everything would eventually become precious (even berries) toward the end. The Ark would be a barren wasteland where only the best survivors would still have resources and the rest may just try to band together to take them.

@Hahnibal Great post.

I like this idea a lot. I used to do this exact thing on my private server when only my wife and I were playing (resource health x3, resource amount x2, resource respawn x100). I can say from experience it was actually a lot of fun. It works great for small population servers, and forces you to explore, be wise with resources, etc. It would be difficult scaling it up for large servers without at least allowing some degree of resource respawn, however. Or perhaps there could be a unique form of resource respawn, like only very few trees repopulate after it rains, or something like that. The major idea is that the resources should be finite, not endless forests and metal mines in your back yard -- which is what the default game is. 

If there is not at least some mechanic for the resources respawning a little bit, alpha tribes will just rush the metal nodes and build on top of them, because everyone already knows where the metal is. Random, procedurally generated maps may fix this problem, though. I could see a random procedurally generated map working with resources never respawning!

Also there are some animals like wild beavers that would be exploited for their ability to produce resources without resource nodes. For example, tribes will just cage wild beavers for infinite wood, pearls and cement.  Supply drops could also still be used for free resources. Plus, refertilizer actually becomes useful for something, and because it is basically a universal resource :) These would definitely be exploited in this game mode on a competitive PvP server, and should be considered when balancing the settings.

I would be very interested if WC made this concept of severe resource scarcity work, and ironed out the wrinkles to make it balanced for full server-level gameplay. If implemented with the right settings, it would fix the issue of constant resource grinding and "cancer bases" in the gameplay, which would be very appealing to many players. 

Again, great idea and I want something like that to work.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived