Disparity of Alphas?

Frogspoison

Hey all. After killing multiple Alpha Karkinos and Alpha Basilisks, and not seeing ANY alpha Raptors/Carnos, I feel that Aberration is a bit uneven in the Alpha department.

For starters, Alpha Basilisks and Karkinos harvest like normal basilisk/karkinos. I feel that you should get pure Prime from alpha Basilisks/Karkinos, no raw meat.

In addition, I have yet to see any loot drops from Alpha Karkinos and Alpha Basilisks. No picks, no armor, nothing. I feel that Aberration Alphas should not only drop the same quality items that Alphas on the other maps do, but also drop Climbing Picks and Roll Rat saddles of good quality too.

That is all. Alpha Basilisks and Karkinos are significantly more dangerous then Alpha Raptors and Carnos, but the only thing in their favor is the larger amount of XP they give.

The only two alpha I saw in Scorched Earth are both Wyverns and Deathworm and its also uneven (I don't see any other alpha aside from the mentioned, unless I missed something out), but I don't see a problem with that. They don't even drop what you mentioned as well.

I recalled Alpha Deathworms still drop regular meat despite its death, unless it has changed (?)

Also, theres also the Alpha Reaper King found at Surface.

All in all, most of their remains are used for activating Alpha Rockwell portal, unlike the other alpha tributes used mostly for tek cave.

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

The only two alpha I saw in Scorched Earth are both Wyverns and Deathworm and its also uneven (I don't see any other alpha aside from the mentioned, unless I missed something out), but I don't see a problem with that. They don't even drop what you mentioned as well.

I recalled Alpha Deathworms still drop regular meat despite its death, unless it has changed (?)

Also, theres also the Alpha Reaper King found at Surface.

All in all, most of their remains are used for activating Alpha Rockwell portal, unlike the other alpha tributes used mostly for tek cave.

Deathworms/Wyverns (And thus Alpha Deathworms/Wyverns) drop pure Prime Meat naturally. However, Alpha Wyverns drop 50 wyvern milk in ADDITION to the regular Alpha loot table (Decent quality tools, weapons, gear, ect), and Alpha Deathworms drop 20 Deathworm Horns in addition to the normal Alpha loot table.

I have yet to actually fight an Alpha Surface Reaper King, so I do not know what they drop.

2 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

Well Ragnarok and The Center have them and have no use for them. Maybe they should make a use for them.

I said Paid, not Free (They were designed by mod makers before it gets integrated, meaning WC doesn't control what dino spawns). Ragnarok and Center are free dlc; Scorched Earth and Aberration are paid dlc.

11 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Heres the thing. What are you going to do with the drops from Alpha Predators from maps where they don't need its tributes? (For Paid DLC, not free DLC)

I'm not refering to the Alpha Raptor Claws/Carno Arms (Though they would look nice on a trophy mount), but the journeyman hatchets/picks/xbows.

And the Prime Meat. Mostly the Prime Meat. I kill an alpha snake weekly, but I don't get the expected 50+ stacks of prime to take back and grill.

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

I'm not refering to the Alpha Raptor Claws/Carno Arms (Though they would look nice on a trophy mount), but the journeyman hatchets/picks/xbows.

And the Prime Meat. Mostly the Prime Meat. I kill an alpha snake weekly, but I don't get the expected 50+ stacks of prime to take back and grill.

Where do you find alpha snakes?  In four months I’ve killed the only one I’ve ever seen. 

11 hours ago, flamron said:

Where do you find alpha snakes?  In four months I’ve killed the only one I’ve ever seen. 

In the "easiest" zone, Portal. The Portal has a STUPID high rate of snakes - I'm killing 3-4 basilisks daily just on the spawning zone, and up on the ledge above it there's always 5-7 basilisks just lurking around. Alpha snake weekly - I haven't actually touched the one thats been up for the past few days since it's tucked in a corner. Those things are a pain in the ass.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ProVoke said:

I've personally never seen an alpha carno or an alpha raptor on Aberration, and ive been playing it since launch

Alpha Carnos and Alpha Raptors do not spawn on Aberration, period. The 3 alphas - Basilisk, Karkinos, and Surface Reaper, also do not give higher quality loot, like journeyman picks, hatchets, ect. Nor do Alpha Basilisk and Karkinos give pure prime, like how alpha's normally do.

I do wish there were more alpha creatures, like an Alpha Ravager(Please no bleed) or an Alpha Drake.

With all the Spinos and Megalosaurs, it would make sense for them to get alpha forms too, because of their "Top of the foodchain" status

Even an Alpha Reaper Queen would be cool(Maybe they could spawn up to 190 so if you were lucky enough to find one you could get a Reaper King higher than 150?)

Archived