Bring Back SotF

dalfinsaredumb

SotF was incredible but now it's dead. With all the hype around battle royale games there is an enormous audience that would love to play this game. Make a few small updates and make it free again, add micro-transactions for cosmetics and the game will become super popular and also WC, your fans might respect you again.

Couldn't agree more, have absolutely no respect for these devs due to they keep adding onto a broken game without actually fixing it, and ignoring what is an obvious gold mine with all the br hype there is these days, but they had sotf before that hype was there, I understand why they put in hold for that reason, but like, its past time now, they gonna end up wasting that opportunity now. only reason I stay on these forums is to show there is still a community that wants it, much larger than they know, screw the actual ark game now, no interest in it, just give us SOTF, they have had many modders willing to work on it for them so "not having the man-power" is not an excuse. being a group of downies is the only reasonable excuse I can think of from them for not pushing SOTF.

I want SOTF to come back as much as the next guy. I loved the game so much. But it saddens me to see every thread about it cluttered with statements saying how little respect the sotf community has towards the devs. I really can't believe that's the best way of getting them to work on the game again. l respect the devs for the game they made which I loved. That they chose the hiatus was sad ofc. I do still hope they will revisit sotf. But I can't blame them if they are considering if this brand of community that so clearly hate them are worth reintergrating.

Me personally it is not a hate for the Devs. More so venting depression that Sotf was in development for PS4 but was put on hiatus to push the main game. I respect them for focusing on their creation and not a modders creation they took over. However, I have always had more interest in Sotf than that of the main game. It is a gold mine they are sitting on. I enjoy main ark still yet with Mega tribes and official being mostly griefing with all the new tek items basically rendering bases horrible to raid with structure spammage unless you completely flood a server and have 50 vs 20. I personally love the fast paced and beginning days of ark with the struggle of building and surviving. Now being a mega myself it has grown bland. Always raising rexs, gigas, brontos, paracers. Its just repetitive now. Ark Sotf could always present something different. Whether it be a tame army, teking to pistols/longneck/shotgun or going further for pump shotties, flak, compound bow. Basically what I am trying to say is I respect wildcard for the game they made. Just depressing that I was hoping for Sotf before PS4 even had SE cause they claimed to have been pushing Sotf for PS4 before the main game cause sony would not approve an early access game. While I cant speak for others and their emotions towards it. I still to this day enjoy watching youtube videos of Typeforced and the 101 ways to win Sotf on Youtube. Its funny and exciting all in one the action of Sotf

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, Yologaming said:

... I still to this day enjoy watching youtube videos of Typeforced and the 101 ways to win Sotf on Youtube. Its funny and exciting all in one the action of Sotf

I watched all of them as well even his constant "GG!"-shouting sucks soooo bad... :D Nowadays I play it from time to time and watch Syntac & The Axeman on YT.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:49 AM, DomiDarko said:

I watched all of them as well even his constant "GG!"-shouting sucks soooo bad... :D Nowadays I play it from time to time and watch Syntac & The Axeman on YT.

GG Team GG! Lets go team! Or his subs, Roar, Bro, Roar or whatever lol I honestly dont get it. Then church and him being a damn fool lol. I have watched some Syntac not The Axeman though

• 2 months later...

There is so much potential this game could have and everyone would play. The ability to tame all of the new unique creatures in the game and the varying levels of items you have to work for. It would be the first non luck based battle royale. The first game wasnt as succesful because the game was young and there were really only two ways to win. either you tame rexes and spinos to eat your opponents or go the gun and armor route with smelting metal. But now that the game has so many unique creatures and items the possibilities could be limitless. They could have all sorts of game modes with shorter times like an hour with faster rates and longer matches up to 5 hours with slower rates where the circle would close slowly. They could make it so the safe zone closed in at random different points in the map so the end zone would always be unique and they could have it move in zones instead of slowly closing. Imagine all the possibilites you could come up with and actually attempt, because in regular ark the game takes hours and hours to build up and tame some of these creatures. In battle royale there wouldnt be as much frustration and you could really try out many different tactics to improve your gameplay. If anyone wants to show this message to a dev or just mesage me about my ideas please let me know. This is an opportunity to become the most popular video game out there and cosmetical purchases could skyrocket profits for wildcard as well. This seems like such an opportunity given that the maps and creatures are already made and eveyrhting. they just have to build the gamemode with the orginal idea of suvival of the fittest and the current version of ark. Not to mention with 5 maps now. even more amazing gameplay could happen if you add maps like scorched earth, aberration, the center, and ragnarok into the game. Obviously this would have to come to console too, which is probably where most of their fan base is.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived