servers Servers backup still too old

EnriqueA

About 1 month ago, on Community Crunch 125, dated April 2nd, it was announced that PC legacy servers backup was made, and available to download from the support area. As of today, the most recent server backup file you get from this list is dated November 10th (clearly visible in the image), on most of the servers listed.

Around Jan 8th, PVE OfficialServer36, which is the one displayed on the image, suffered a hardware malfunction, causing all players on this server major losses, including tames, breeds, and materials gathered.

I would hate to know that the date it shows as modified is really the last date a backup was made, since a lot of work and hours has been invested on this server, and it was assured that a most recent backup was already available.

And its not the only server with a major hardware malfunction since then, and that's what makes me wonder about the really old dates on this saves files. 

Is there a way to ask for a most recent backup via support? What is the IT staff really doing down there?

legacy36bkp.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, EnriqueA said:

About 1 month ago, on Community Crunch 125, dated April 2nd, it was announced that PC legacy servers backup was made, and available to download from the support area. As of today, the most recent server backup file you get from this list is dated November 10th (clearly visible in the image), on most of the servers listed.

Around Jan 8th, PVE OfficialServer36, which is the one displayed on the image, suffered a hardware malfunction, causing all players on this server major losses, including tames, breeds, and materials gathered.

I would hate to know that the date it shows as modified is really the last date a backup was made, since a lot of work and hours has been invested on this server, and it was assured that a most recent backup was already available.

And its not the only server with a major hardware malfunction since then, and that's what makes me wonder about the really old dates on this saves files. 

Is there a way to ask for a most recent backup via support? What is the IT staff really doing down there?

legacy36bkp.jpg

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/ 

im not sure but I think you can now download the live servers in the link above. Pve only

• Below we've provided a list of saves for deprecated Legacy saves from our Great Migrations as well as currently LIVE Legacy PVE servers. Players can download these files for use on a local singleplayer game or upload them to a server host to play any time.

Over time, if we end up re-purposing more Legacy PC servers due to inactivity, we will ensure that their save files are accessible through here. We will also provide newer version of the LIVE (non-deprecated) Legacy PVE servers from time to time.

To find your Official PC Server save file from the list, just hover over the drop down menu and scroll through the list; you can also hit Ctrl+F on the keyboard and type your server name or number to quickly find your server.

57 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/ 

im not sure but I think you can now download the live servers in the link above. Pve only

• Below we've provided a list of saves for deprecated Legacy saves from our Great Migrations as well as currently LIVE Legacy PVE servers. Players can download these files for use on a local singleplayer game or upload them to a server host to play any time.

Over time, if we end up re-purposing more Legacy PC servers due to inactivity, we will ensure that their save files are accessible through here. We will also provide newer version of the LIVE (non-deprecated) Legacy PVE servers from time to time.

To find your Official PC Server save file from the list, just hover over the drop down menu and scroll through the list; you can also hit Ctrl+F on the keyboard and type your server name or number to quickly find your server.

Actually that's the link i'm referring to, save files are dated Nov 10th. The zip file showing in the attached image to the topic is the contents of that save file.

In fact I would like to report that the PVE OfficialServer37 link is broken down, and I found out by merely accident as I don't remotely play on 37, while downloading the save file for  PVE OfficialServer36.

Archived