wild stat allocation

Kaprosuchus

So I was curious when looking for some higher end breeding stock if there is a certain percentage of a creature's wild levels that can be allocated into a stat, like based on it's level when their stat allocations are being calculate. For example, a creature being spawned in at 150 not being able to allocate above a certain percentage of it's levels to melee, or hp or oxygen.  or is it theoretically possible to have a animal that somehow put 149 levels into one stat as statistically unlikely as that is.  This question is with regards to wild creature generation to reiterate, not bred animals.  I looked on the forums and didn't see anything that answered my question specifically.

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

...or is it theoretically possible to have a animal that somehow put 149 levels into one stat as statistically unlikely as that is.  This question is with regards to wild creature generation to reiterate, not bred animals.  I looked on the forums and didn't see anything that answered my question specifically.

Yes, it's theoretically possible because each level is randomly distributed to one of the 7 stats. Obviously you already understand that no animal would ever have that happen, but yes each level is randomly distributed between the seven stats. This means that a completely average Lvl 150 will have 21 levels in each of the seven stats, plus 2 levels left over that also go somewhere.

Level 1 creature + (7*21) + 2 = 150

The same thing is true for the levels they get during the taming process, they get randomly distributed to the 7 stats. So let's say you do a perfect tame on a Lvl 150 Rex, that Rex will get 71 more levels to distribute between the 7 stats, so 10 more points on average to each stat with 1 more level left over to go somewhere. The net result for a rex that is a perfect tame, but completely average, Lvl 150 rex is 31 points in each stat with 3 levels left over to distribute somewhere.

Generally, higher stats on the ground will translate into higher stats post-tame.  If you down a rex (as I did) with 265 melee pre-tame, there is a REALLY good chance that on tame it will have over 350 melee (mine had 384).  There is a chance for a 185 melee pre-tame to pop 384 melee, but to do so you will require luck to do a lot of the work.  On my rex, it allocated 22ish points of the 71 points it got from the taming process.  A relatively average distribution, but added to the already jacked up melee stat, it made the tamed rex amazing.

So, the upshot of this is that if you're looking for a super high single stat, you shouldn't waste your time taming something that has a super low or just barely average starting stat.  If you want a 10k HP post-tame rex, you should be magnifying glassing wild rexes and spending the time to tame the ones that have over 6.5k HP pre-tame.  Again, RNGesus could bless a low statted rex with all of the taming bonus points... but it's rare.  I'll also add that I've knocked down spinos with 4,600 HP on the ground and they tamed up with 4,800 HP... it happens and it stinks!  I've tamed about 40 level 130+ rexes and the best I can muster is 8,800 HP, 2020 stam, 765 oxy, 12,900 food, 850 weight and 384 melee.  I'd like to get a rex with over 9,200 HP before I go about mutation breeding... but RNG just hates me.

Archived