Increased Console performance after TLC2 patch?

d1nk

Hey all, 

Only logged on shortly after downloading patch on Original XboxOne. I did a quick fly around on one of the new argys and I seemed to notice increased textures and the game felt real smooth. I started doing base things around and noticed Godrays. Flew up high and scanned the area, seemed more detailed and touched up.

Has anyone else noticed this? Did we get a peformance / graphics boost? 

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Hey all, 

Only logged on shortly after downloading patch on Original XboxOne. I did a quick fly around on one of the new argys and I seemed to notice increased textures and the game felt real smooth. I started doing base things around and noticed Godrays. Flew up high and scanned the area, seemed more detailed and touched up.

I’ve noticed lag free travel between my teleporters on Ragnarok. I’ll be sure to record my frames around my base next time I’m on, and report back here. It usually jumps between 20-40fps.

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Hey all, 

I wish I could relate to the performance that you’re speaking of. Ever since the patch release, I feel like the game is more laggy. Specifically, the delay between going into inventory/transferring items. However, I only play Singleplayer Splitscreen so I cant speak for Dedicated Servers.

Im on a PS4 Pro for context.

Didn't get to play too much last night or this morning. I'll really experience if there are graphical/performance improvements over the weekend but the desert update and the tlc1 update both increased graphics definitely. Performance seemed boosted early and then either the mind got use to it and just focused on the issues or it degraded later on. I expect it to be the same there but overall there has been performance upgrades as well. 

The games almost ready for release. xD

7 hours ago, Auronspectre said:

I wish I could relate to the performance that you’re speaking of. Ever since the patch release, I feel like the game is more laggy. Specifically, the delay between going into inventory/transferring items. However, I only play Singleplayer Splitscreen so I cant speak for Dedicated Servers.

Im on a PS4 Pro for context.

Think the improved proformance was for Xbox specifically as their update was 40GB and when I updated last night on PS4 Pro it was like 9GB or something. Only took 10 min to download which was nice. Didn't notice any performance difference either. Did snap a pic of a drop meshing into the ground and wasn't able to obtain it. I thought that was specifically fixed for Ragnarok on this update?

I was online last night after the  patch downloaded on a Rag Xbox PvE server and did notice improved load times and reduced lag. I was flying through biomes with a wyvern and everything seemed to load in smoother and faster. That was great - and I like that. 

However, I think this performance improvement is coming at a cost. Something is different about textures - I was enjoying the new Argy TLC and looking at the details up close. Textures up close looked pretty amazing. However, I've been building structures (prior to patch dropping) and taking constant snapshots to show friends my build progress - my sense right now is that textures or graphics at medium/long distance are reduced in quality. The quality of my previous screenshots was higher as I was viewing the build. Something is different - a friend was saying that the green was really popping; but as I flew around I found myself disappointed with the lack of clarity as I was flying by structures and buildings. Anyone else finding this? 

This is a first impression - and I cannot talk about this in technical detail. But the game was prettier before.

4 hours ago, skittles4free said:

I was online last night after the  patch downloaded on a Rag Xbox PvE server and did notice improved load times and reduced lag. I was flying through biomes with a wyvern and everything seemed to load in smoother and faster. That was great - and I like that. 

However, I think this performance improvement is coming at a cost. Something is different about textures - I was enjoying the new Argy TLC and looking at the details up close. Textures up close looked pretty amazing. However, I've been building structures (prior to patch dropping) and taking constant snapshots to show friends my build progress - my sense right now is that textures or graphics at medium/long distance are reduced in quality. The quality of my previous screenshots was higher as I was viewing the build. Something is different - a friend was saying that the green was really popping; but as I flew around I found myself disappointed with the lack of clarity as I was flying by structures and buildings. Anyone else finding this? 

This is a first impression - and I cannot talk about this in technical detail. But the game was prettier before.

I did notice my structures dont give as much detail immidiatly either. I havent tried any other map.. maybe its Rag specifically.

Ill test this weekend with my island play

Guest DJRone89

@d1nk so after playing a bit last night, the frame rate has slightly improved around my base. It seems to be stable around 30fps and doesn’t jump as much.

However, it seems the memory improvement has come at a cost to draw distance. But I’ll take better performance over less origami landscapes any day.

17 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

@d1nk so after playing a bit last night, the frame rate has slightly improved around my base. It seems to be stable around 30fps and doesn’t jump as much.

However, it seems the memory improvement has come at a cost to draw distance. But I’ll take better performance over less origami landscapes any day.

Thankyou. Im noticing the same thing as im playing & flying around. I can see further but most landscape (even relativley close) is origami xD 

It feels a bit weird, i only really notice it flying around scanning for dinos. The landscape seems to have more vibrant colour and smooth transitions but upon quick glance bys your eyes notice the landscape rendering is less. 

On foot, in base, on a land mount etc its great. They should test whatever they did on other maps, maybe this can be a gfx option to toggle on / off INGAME. I believe this is only for Ragnarok. (Anyone notice on other maps?)

(remember on console we dont really have such options outside Xbox One X) 

Edit: I will test on Singleplayer Rag vs Island tomorrow. Right now im on my Rag private unofficial with these results

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thankyou. Im noticing the same thing as im playing & flying around. I can see further but most landscape (even relativley close) is origami xD 

It feels a bit weird, i only really notice it flying around scanning for dinos. The landscape seems to have more vibrant colour and smooth transitions but upon quick glance bys your eyes notice the landscape rendering is less. 

On foot, in base, on a land mount etc its great. They should test whatever they did on other maps, maybe this can be a gfx option to toggle on / off INGAME. I believe this is only for Ragnarok. (Anyone notice on other maps?)

(remember on console we dont really have such options outside Xbox One X) 

Edit: I will test on Singleplayer Rag vs Island tomorrow. Right now im on my Rag private unofficial with these results

I play exclusively with high detail off on my Xbox One X, because I prefer the extra frames and to be honest the difference in picture quality isn’t that vast. The only big difference I can see is shadowing, which has less an impact on the standard detail mode.

I now fly around at a more constant 60fps than before as it jumps less often. I also haven’t checked the other maps but the performance gains mentioned in the notes were only for Ragnarok.

54 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I play exclusively with high detail off on my Xbox One X, because I prefer the extra frames and to be honest the difference in picture quality isn’t that vast. The only big difference I can see is shadowing, which has less an impact on the standard detail mode.

I now fly around at a more constant 60fps than before as it jumps less often. I also haven’t checked the other maps but the performance gains mentioned in the notes were only for Ragnarok.

Sorry, for some reason I assumed you were on PC. Im jelly of that X :P 

All in all im loving it. I dont know how your bloom is on the X, do you noticr the ground is a lot more "shiney" ?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Sorry, for some reason I assumed you were on PC. Im jelly of that X :P 

All in all im loving it. I dont know how your bloom is on the X, do you noticr the ground is a lot more "shiney" ?

It’s the same as it was on my standard Xbox. Just go to singleplayer and enable “cheat r.bloomquality 0” to lower it across all game modes.

Archived