Most ANNOYING Thing About ARK?

TINYMAN

Hello ARK community TINYMAN here,

Ok. So we all have our preferences and critics about ARK and how to improve it. But out of all the things that are intentionally put in the game, what are the most annoying??

For me its kind of annoying that some dinos prefer the player over the wild dinos. Like if your walking up on a rex biting a stego on foot it will come after you instead of finishing the dino. AND when you shoot things that are eating a tame or another tamable dino they stay on the dino. AI man cmon. 

Thanks Guys!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Oldster said:

One minor thing that always gets me is having to individually open each and every container. It's slow and laggy and makes your held item toggle everytime, etc. 

Gotta be a better way.

Yeahhhh. They should make it to where, kinda like S+ but not as large of a range, the crafting station/storage you're in pulls from the storage around it to make items. Just makes since. 

2 minutes ago, TINYMAN said:

Yeahhhh. They should make it to where, kinda like S+ but not as large of a range, the crafting station/storage you're in pulls from the storage around it to make items. Just makes since. 

Yeah, that or have a little interface element that specifies which nearby container to swap instantly to. 

Still have to put weapon down and bring back up when done but you can rummage through everything nearby.

10 minutes ago, DeniedKill42069 said:

How about whats annoying that we dont have yet? Like the implementation of S+ that was announced at the E3 convention? ? built buildings and everything in preparation to be able to apply the s+ pieces we were to get and nothing...when are we getting s+ on console?

Why did you assume implementation without any confirmation? They havent made any official announcements nor has it been put on PC officials.

My most annoying thing about Ark? Not having enough time to play :P 

Dinos and rafts/motorboats getting stuck and even worse myself, sometimes even quitting and restarting several times can't ever unglue it.

And on PC version, using "E" too quickly kills (default turn Off) your fabricator or forge in the middle of crafting. I've trained myself to always use "F" but then I mess-up sometimes trying to use F for quick escapes on mounts (E is default for that).  xD

- Lag

- Crashes (happen most frequently on Aberration)

- Dilo spit

- Ichthyornis

- The lying green structure preview

- Rain

- Fog

- Rain and fog together

- Rain and fog at night

- Raise times of quetz and giga

- Noobs and their rafts next to my base. Then they go inactive and it stays there for what feels like an eternity

- Dino tails

- Getting stuck in dinos

- Jellyfish

- Eels

- Leeds

- Arthropluera spit

- Ravager bleed and slow down effect

- Players enclosing a square km of land and using only a small piece of it

- Players blocking pathways

- Huge lag bases at obelisks

- Baryonyx stun in water

- Microraptor dismount

- Purlovia dismount

- Searching for high lvl dinos

Lag wins.

52 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

- Lag

- Crashes (happen most frequently on Aberration)

- Dilo spit

- Ichthyornis

- The lying green structure preview

- Rain

- Fog

- Rain and fog together

- Rain and fog at night

- Raise times of quetz and giga

- Noobs and their rafts next to my base. Then they go inactive and it stays there for what feels like an eternity

- Dino tails

- Getting stuck in dinos

- Jellyfish

- Eels

- Leeds

- Arthropluera spit

- Ravager bleed and slow down effect

- Players enclosing a square km of land and using only a small piece of it

- Players blocking pathways

- Huge lag bases at obelisks

- Baryonyx stun in water

- Microraptor dismount

- Purlovia dismount

- Searching for high lvl dinos

Lag wins.

Don't forget troodons, one hit and you head to the respawn screen with no counterplay.

tp'ing or bedtransfer to another location and then the stuff around you isnt drawn in but further away is, so you have to reconnect.
beachbobs that think its ok to put a raft inside your waterpen.
tuso is the most powerfull water creature, yet at high ping 2 of the 3 attacks are not registering, making it worse then the basilo.
follow distance highest means for some dino they still have to clip inside of you and get you stuck.
incubating eggs can be grabbed thru walls, making a double walled incubation room mandatory.
sharks manta and piranha feel the need to bite in stone structures they cant damage, pointless, but can make everything on the other side aggro.
a dolphin closely surrounded by 10 neutral basilo (not in its crushdepth) can get killed by wild manta and the 10 basilo do jackpoop to help it.
after 1 year the tek behemoth gate is still not fixed, the door sinks below the frame in certain situations.
maturing rexes getting stuck on ceilings or foundations they stand on
baby rex collisionbox is larger then the actual baby
fertilized eggs dont come down out of the dino's ass when the ping is high, you either need to whip or move the dino to get to the egg
when preincubating an egg, the spoil timer is synchronized with the server timer while the incubation timer is not..?!?!?!?
the client incubation timer can also be behind the server incubation timer, making it hatch when you only want to preincubate it below 10 seconds.
behemoth doors in the side of your building wont close the building and so you wont get the house symbol in se.
babies fall out of procoptodons pouch, or loose the bottle icon.
when you want to pick up eggs that are between dino's feet, you often have to look in odd directions to be able to actually pick up the egg.

most of these problems are just variables that needs to be changed, there is no real programming needed to solve these problems.

- PvE.

Literally can't even understand. Map gets spammed. You can PvE all you want in PvP, just hook up with all the right people.  

Plus griefers get the C4 treatment! High explosive literally solves all your griefing problems. Sometimes you need rocket launchers tho. PvE, if they wanna keep it, should have flags that enable building, and limit structures per hours played. All structures above the limit get rapid decay timer., like 2 hrs or so. 

- all the bugs

- all the little things like dinos getting stuck in each other, lack of good command options, tedious settings (no copy & paste on dino, turret settings) etc. 

Archived