BOSS REX VS MEGA

Holyrevenge92

Hello everyone, 

So currently I have 25+ rexes with health at 30k plus health points and about 650% dps or higher. I also have an ascendant bp for my saddle that is a base 81 armor. I'm curious if I need to get a crafter and get a larger bonus on saddle or will that saddle strength be enough to handle the potentially alpha megapithecus boss? I feel pretty safe after speaking with friends that I can safely handle the gamma and beta fights. Lastly what is the count of dinos that you can actually bring into the fight including myself, and if anyone has any good strategies and tips it would be greatly appreciated!

24 minutes ago, Holyrevenge92 said:

Hello everyone, 

So currently I have 25+ rexes with health at 30k plus health points and about 650% dps or higher. I also have an ascendant bp for my saddle that is a base 81 armor. I'm curious if I need to get a crafter and get a larger bonus on saddle or will that saddle strength be enough to handle the potentially alpha megapithecus boss? I feel pretty safe after speaking with friends that I can safely handle the gamma and beta fights. Lastly what is the count of dinos that you can actually bring into the fight including myself, and if anyone has any good strategies and tips it would be greatly appreciated!

20 dinos and 10 players(i think 10) are allowed in the arena.  Your rexes look good, remember to take a dao and yuty set to passive to buff and heal your rexes.  Many people suggest luring the ape to the starter area.  Itll likely meet you on the bridge if you attempt to meet it in the actual fight space.  The bridges inside curve supposedly is treated as a pit fall.  I for 1 have never had problems with it.  Remember the arena is freezing and a full standard set off fur armor wont be enough to keep you warm.  Otter or fira currie is recommended.

25 minutes ago, Holyrevenge92 said:

Awesome thank for the input! is there a preference on the lvl of dao or yuty? Also One of those players typically rides the you Yuty in order to enable the boost I believe is that sound right?

The dao and yuty shouldnt be fighting so their lvl isnt overly important.  That said get the best you can simply just in case.  The dao should have its food stat as its priority with hp for just in case.  Fill the dao with cooked meat also.  The yuty and dao can be set to passively heal and buff respectively, so you dont have to ride the yuty necessarily.  Preference, tho the yuty AI probably waits a lil longer between roars then you can spam it.  Maybe roar him yourself til every1s maxed then jump on a rex for that sweet 30% dmg bonus from imprint riding.  Only effects the 1 your riding tho.  If your gonna ride the yuty lvl its stam

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

20 dinos and 10 players(i think 10) are allowed in the arena.  Your rexes look good, remember to take a dao and yuty set to passive to buff and heal your rexes.  Many people suggest luring the ape to the starter area.  Itll likely meet you on the bridge if you attempt to meet it in the actual fight space.  The bridges inside curve supposedly is treated as a pit fall.  I for 1 have never had problems with it.  Remember the arena is freezing and a full standard set off fur armor wont be enough to keep you warm.  Otter or fira currie is recommended.

I drink 1 enduro and go naked.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Braveheart7 said:

We have had this boss on farm status for a while and can even solo with 19 Rexes and 1 Yeti but today we lost a Rex in the first 2 min. No other Rexes were lost. Has anyone also had this before? Has the damage been increased on this boss?

This can happen if the monkey goes apepoop on a single Rex. Generally the bosses tend to distribute their damage across the various team. Also possible that the Rex had a low armor saddle on it swapped out for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Braveheart7 said:

They at 35k health and 600 damage, with a saddle over 110 armour. I also think it must have been a glitch. Thx for the feedback.

Dont saddles cap at 100, usually the saddle reverts to 100 after you log out and i think even if you use it at 100+ its only worth 100.  I may be wrong and its 120, ill have to check

Double checked and yes the caps 100, but theres apparently no cap for it on unofficial servers.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Dont saddles cap at 100, usually the saddle reverts to 100 after you log out and i think even if you use it at 100+ its only worth 100.  I may be wrong and its 120, ill have to check

Double checked and yes the caps 100, but theres apparently no cap for it on unofficial servers.

On official, top saddle bp is 120, top saddle armor is 124 (can go higher but will reset upon server restart)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, Holyrevenge92 said:

Hello everyone, 

Hi, do you mind sharing the outcome? Player count, dino count+death. I have same Rex type as you but higher stats. Thank you.

Archived