Most Used Creature (Any Map)

TINYMAN

Wyvern.  Once you get a decent Wyvern, every task becomes "Should I take my wyvern or do I need to use a specific resource dino/hauler".  A 600% melee wyvern farms meat almost as well as a giga.  It has enough weight to stack cap on meat.  It gets plenty of hide.  Its wing blast can be used to farm unlimited thatch/cactus sap.  If spec'd in weight, it can be used to haul a moschops for poly farming, farm charcoal from Rag/Center trees and pick up tons of oil from oil wells.  Nothing aggro's to the wyvern except other large carnivores, so you're pretty safe.  Yuty's roar doesn't even bother them.  They're the consistently fastest bird (drakes/griffs CAN be faster, but only in bursts).  They can pick up and bring back nearly all possible tames.  Strong enough to face tank a 150 alpha rex (assuming you have the imprint).  They really have very limited downsides.

If I'm not on my wyvern, then I'm using a quetz + anky/mammoth/doed or farming berries.  In PvP, I'll bring my wyvern out first to survey the scene and decide what tame best fits the situation.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:48 PM, TINYMAN said:

Hello ARK Community, TINYMAN here

What are your favourite creatures? Either just for the look of them, the productivity and effectiveness they bring for having them, or just those weird mounts that you just love for no apparent reason.:). My personal favourite is probably... the Giganto. Because they're a little underrated, but they have many uses early game, and I mean its the closest to human we have on the island right?

Thanks Guys!!

Yeah definitely the giga ?

- Giganoto (meat, alpha rexs)

- Griffin (When I'm too lazy to get wyvern from roof, need a flyer with a small turning radius, want to tame a quetz)

- Wyvern (searching for dinos to tame, resetting structure timers around the map, carry large dinos)

- Argy (carry ressources for building ((leveled weight only)), carry doedi to stone island and back)

- Quetz (carry ingots to persons I want to buy something from)

- Mammoth (wood n thatch)

- Bronto (berries n thatch)

- Frog (for fun. Jumping and swimming around). Started breeding them for color muts.

- Spino (fish, for fun)

- Bear (fiber)

- Baryonyx (caving)

- Rock drake (on Aberration for travelling)

Archived