One thing that I don't really understand about Ark's story

LastSagas

17 minutes ago, LastSagas said:

What role does our player character play in the story? I mean we know all this info about the story but how our pc fit in that puzzle?

Our Survivor characters are put on the Arks waaaay after the Explorer Notes Events takes place and so our characters that we log into do not play a factor in the overall story, as the story has already happened and the Notes are left behind for future survivors (Us) to find and learn from..

13 minutes ago, LastSagas said:

But I mean there must be something that makes us special if we made it this far.

Theres literally tubes and tubes and tubes filled with survivors underground ready to be placed on the Ark for the testing.. Failures die, Survivors ascend. Its all for the species survival.. Not that each Survivor is special.

The ark is essentially just a giant sack and we are the sperm. The winners ascend/join mega tribes. In nature not everyone gets a trophy, I know that's confusing since in our broken culture these days you are taught differently but in reality you're only special if you make it so. Even a genius is a nobody if they don't do anything amazing with their intellect. But I guess it all comes down to how you define "special". 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:50 PM, Phyrist said:

Our Survivor characters are put on the Arks waaaay after the Explorer Notes Events takes place and so our characters that we log into do not play a factor in the overall story, as the story has already happened and the Notes are left behind for future survivors (Us) to find and learn from..

Theres literally tubes and tubes and tubes filled with survivors underground ready to be placed on the Ark for the testing.. Failures die, Survivors ascend. Its all for the species survival.. Not that each Survivor is special.

Oof

On 4/27/2018 at 10:11 AM, SirPeter said:

The ark is essentially just a giant sack and we are the sperm. The winners ascend/join mega tribes. In nature not everyone gets a trophy, I know that's confusing since in our broken culture these days you are taught differently but in reality you're only special if you make it so. Even a genius is a nobody if they don't do anything amazing with their intellect. But I guess it all comes down to how you define "special". 

Fair enough I just thought our characters played a much bigger role.

I think Ark is like giant game of 'King of the Mountain,' not just amongst the survivors, but also amongst those in charge of the Ark program. 

If you take on the Ascenion challenge and beat the Overseer, you basically become the new Overseer,  the new 'King of the Mountain.' And, even though the game doesn't state this, I assume you're the Overseer until a future survivor comes along to ursurp you.

1 hour ago, LastSagas said:

Fair enough I just thought our characters played a much bigger role.

I get it, I wish they did as far as the story goes. Perhaps the last/next DLC we catch up to them or something. Since I play almost only in single player I would love to have much more story along with some NPCs or something.

51 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I get it, I wish they did as far as the story goes. Perhaps the last/next DLC we catch up to them or something. Since I play almost only in single player I would love to have much more story along with some NPCs or something.

I mean ya we don't know how its been between our characters travels and Helena's. For all we know we missed her by mere days.

Archived