corbcann

So I've played ark a lot and I learned I prefer single player but I get impatient and end up turning on cheats and running around with a level 1,000,000 Yutyrannus. What have other people found to be the best single player settings? Including Imprinting too because I want to delve into mutations, I work 8 hours  during the week and go to school as well, I just play to relax and have fun but I still want to breed and take on bosses but I don't have days to devote to just this game. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I personally like the grind of officials.. But hate the breeding times... I play singleplayer casually with low harvest but high breeding rates (not instant maturation cause i like the process of getting there also)

10x tame, breed, maturation

2x harvest

1x XP

Lvl 120max dinos

I also forced myself to learn to play ARK (steam) on my couch with an xbox controller to abstain from using cheats, ive since upgraded to a SteamController and love it

Guest DJRone89
16 minutes ago, corbcann said:

What are the single player settings vs official? I tried researching that myself but to no avail. The controller setting is a good idea too.

You’re best bet is looking on the gamepedia/wiki for that answer.

3 hours ago, Phyrist said:

I personally like the grind of officials.. But hate the breeding times... I play singleplayer casually with low harvest but high breeding rates (not instant maturation cause i like the process of getting there also)

10x tame, breed, maturation

2x harvest

1x XP

Lvl 120max dinos

I also forced myself to learn to play ARK (steam) on my couch with an xbox controller to abstain from using cheats, ive since upgraded to a SteamController and love it

These are the settings I use too. I feel the best is so subjective..

@corbcann Are you looking for a rewarding experience where you can feel accomplished or just a 'hop on for a few hours and do stuff' experience? 

I feel that as soon as it gets too boosted i get less attached, thus favour the slower slightly boosted approach. 

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

These are the settings I use too. I feel the best is so subjective..

@corbcann Are you looking for a rewarding experience where you can feel accomplished or just a 'hop on for a few hours and do stuff' experience? 

I feel that as soon as it gets too boosted i get less attached, thus favour the slower slightly boosted approach. 

Yeah I wanna feel like I'm doing stuff just without having to spend 10 hours raising a baby/taming a creature and running back and forth to get 10 rocks at a time.

2 hours ago, corbcann said:

Yeah I wanna feel like I'm doing stuff just without having to spend 10 hours raising a baby/taming a creature and running back and forth to get 10 rocks at a time.

So 10h total to raise say.. a rex is too much?  By that i believe you should go with 'heavy boosted' rates, 50x mature, 20x harvest infinate weight, etc. Seems (to me) you would enjoy just doing things hard and fast. If you couple these heavily boosted settings with say.. not using a single admin cheat you could have a fun SP playthrough (though it will be short)

• 1 month later...
Guest DJRone89
13 minutes ago, Alexarifin said:

How to add taming up to 10x because in game setting the max is 3x tx, and how to speed up mature time tx

Btw im indo

You can enter numbers into the box, even though the slider caps out.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 4/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, corbcann said:

So I've played ark a lot and I learned I prefer single player but I get impatient and end up turning on cheats and running around with a level 1,000,000 Yutyrannus. What have other people found to be the best single player settings? Including Imprinting too because I want to delve into mutations, I work 8 hours  during the week and go to school as well, I just play to relax and have fun but I still want to breed and take on bosses but I don't have days to devote to just this game. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am in that boat right now! I've only put around 150hrs into an unofficial Island server when originally giving the game a try, , and now since Extinction came out last week PLUS i've been waiting for a sale HOOH.. put down the $$ for the Explorers Edition! ... so im gonna do things right and soak in the game in SP... So this will basically be my first full play through... I'm thinking I might cut a happy medium somewhere between what Phyrist and d1nk suggested. Plus I'm definitely thinking of S+ ... because after finishing the story... I'd like to build great works, try and replicate Stormwind or something... Im not sure what but .. some awesome works across all the maps! 

But yeah what'd you end up doing corbcann how you like it?

My first 600 hours of Ark were on Singleplayer, on standard rates(Which were also half what they are now). I've played on private servers and official servers, was the "Alpha tribe" on both servers I played on, and my tribe went on to defeat all the bosses except the Alpha Dragon, but we didn't do him cos we ran out of time before moving to Ragnarok. However I'm only on Singleplayer now, and I'm loving it despite the extremely low amount of support it gets from development. 

I've ran into hundreds of bugs in my time, including very very low dino spawns to the point of having to go literally half way across the map to see a single wild dino, as well as the Obelisks not transferring stuff from map to map. It's all very annoying but I battle through it. I'm hoping Extinction will be salvation but it looks like it's going the same way. 

Anyway, I play on something along the lines of 5x raising, 2x Xp, 2x harvest and 1.5x taming. It's a real nice balance because it's not too hard, not to easy. On official it takes a few days to raise a Rex. On my Singleplayer it takes about the same amount of time. I compensated for how much I play the game and adjusted the raising multiplier accordingly, so that if it takes me 3 days to raise something on official, it takes me 3 days to raise it on Singleplayer. 

Some people look down on me because I play Sp. They think I have an easy ride but I don't. I despise using commands and avoid it as much as humanly possible and one of my pet peeves about the Ark community is that people assume I just use commands when stuff doesn't go my way. 

Me: My Rex's aren't powerful enough for the bosses, any advice?

Internet: WhY DoN't YoU jUsT uSe CoMmAnDs AnD gIvE yOuRsElF a GoOd Bp?

I always have the same response: Sure, and while I'm at it why don't I just use the kill commands on the boss? Boom, game finished, 30 quid for a game that I can finish in an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I been trying to find the balance here myself. I want breeding to be quick and painless but i still want the challenge of official. I spent a good portion of my ARK life on official pvp and single player feels super dumbed down out of the box. Spawn rates and levels are by default "kiddie pool" and just because i am alone doesnt mean i cant handle the spawn of an official server. 

3 hours ago, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

I been trying to find the balance here myself. I want breeding to be quick and painless but i still want the challenge of official. I spent a good portion of my ARK life on official pvp and single player feels super dumbed down out of the box. Spawn rates and levels are by default "kiddie pool" and just because i am alone doesnt mean i cant handle the spawn of an official server. 

You seem to want a challenge.

First off, keep harvesting low. 1.5x maybe

Believe it or not, turning the difficulty down will do this. You no longer tame that 150 argy that has base 700w.. 1.5k+ with lvls. Your argy now is 300w with crap stam. Turn dino damage ((or player resistance)) down if you want some danger. That raptor will mess you up

Breeding is good at 10x for most people, SP mode is 25 or 30x i believe.. might be more realistic for SP but i think 15x would be a good medoum (turn incubating up to like 60x aint noone wanna wait 8h for an egg)

Ill help more with settings, what type of game do you want? 

I want my single player to reflect official. I just dont want to have to deal with days long breed times because my single player wont be running all the time. there is no challenge for me in stunting dinos or harvesting. that isnt a challenge, thats just more work. The challenge is in the danger and the risk, not in more labor. 

23 minutes ago, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

I want my single player to reflect official. I just dont want to have to deal with days long breed times because my single player wont be running all the time. there is no challenge for me in stunting dinos or harvesting. that isnt a challenge, thats just more work. The challenge is in the danger and the risk, not in more labor. 

Then unless you play PC or unofficial rented theres no way to get there.

Tweak the ini

• 4 months later...

i play on this rates: (want to change to this)

xp 2.5x

h 4-5x dont know for sure to what ill change

breeding interval almost nothing

tame x5

egg interval 0.75x

imprint baby x5

dino count 1.25

egg hatch speed x5

baby mature speed x1.75

cuddle interval x0.5

the grace period you gotta choose self, i have set them off (i know you cant, but i sorta did)

night time speed x6

no resource radius player x0.5

no resource radius structure x0.5

crop growth speed x2.5

crop decay speed x6

the player points per level and so on, i am not gonna typ that, but the weight and so on is a little bit higher, but you gotta set them self

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived