selling New to Selling/Trading

LaurenKaboom

If you have access to the trading forums you can look around and see what people charge. Otherwise it really depends on the quality of the dino for instance I see giga eggs with base melee of 254%  going for 50k metal ingots on my server or boss rexes going for between 7-12k metal ingots depending on the stats. 

Stats, colour mutations and manual labour are the three main things that will inflate a dino's price.

For stats I would recommend downloading the Ark Smart Breeding app so you can familiarise yourself with the blanketed stat "points" system, if you haven't done so already.

Colour mutations are fairly obvious and manual labour you can easily figure out for yourself using the wiki or other breeding/taming calculators.

I usually look for what people are trading similar items / dinos to gauge what sort of value but it's tricky to put a price on many things in ark. A lot of people trade mats like ingots and poly but personally I'd rather trade for something I want or need and trade mats only if I want to make the trade but the other person has nothing I'm particularly interested in.

14 hours ago, jappyness said:

If you have access to the trading forums you can look around and see what people charge. Otherwise it really depends on the quality of the dino for instance I see giga eggs with base melee of 254%  going for 50k metal ingots on my server or boss rexes going for between 7-12k metal ingots depending on the stats. 

What server is those gigas going for that amount? New servers or legacy?

yep i would like to know that too. i play ark since over 7000 hours now but i wasnt active in this forum. When i played on Legacy one Guy bought some really good eggs here in the Forum and sold it to us but he doesnt play ark anymore and so i wanted to check the forum for my self and for some friends on the new Servers they are also not active here because they cant speak english. So i would like to know that too and hope someone can help us.

• Volunteer Moderator

the topic of this thread is how to figure out what dinos are worth, not how many posts it might take to have access to the trading forums. stay on topic please :)

the amount that can be charged for a dino is totally subjective -- there is no golden rule, it is based on supply/demand and rarity of stats/colors of the dino in question. which cluster the dino is from will also play a large role.

4 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

the topic of this thread is how to figure out what dinos are worth

which is a topic for trading forum and it being in general is somewhat improper

so

not how many posts it might take to have access to the trading forums. stay on topic please

making OP aware of trading forum section and rules is perfectly on-topic.

the amount that can be charged for a dino is totally subjective -- there is no golden rule, it is based on supply/demand and rarity of stats/colors of the dino in question. which cluster the dino is from will also play a large role.

pretty much this.

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

which is a topic for trading forum and it being in general is somewhat improper

seeing as the OP does not have access to the trading forum general discussion is fine. speculation with regards to post count to get access to the trading forum is decidedly off topic and any related posts will be removed. should you feel the need to discuss this further or believe any action i have taken is in error you will need to submit a support ticket to forums and forums accounts.

thanks for understanding :) 

Archived