Community Crunch 128: Big Console Update & Community Streams!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community!

Console TLC 2 Patch Soon!

On April 26th we will be updating both Xbox and PS4 with the TLC 2 patch. 

It is important to note that this Thursday's console patch will be a BIG update. The base game for Xbox will be a 27gb update, Scorched Earth and Aberration will be 5gb and 8gb respectively. We don't have a current indication as to the size of the PS4 patch but we estimate it will be a large update, however not as large as Xbox. The size of these updates is due to the fact that all of the maps in the game have been updated and therefore the files for every map must be downloaded and replaced on your console. 

In addition to the TLC update the patch will also bring the following changes:

- Enabling item transfers and the vanilla-version of aberrant creatures to be moved to Aberration servers. This means that you'll be able to take over your regular Spino to an Aberration server.

- Preventing people from building within the Ragnarok Puzzle cave, so if you store any structures or creatures down there, make use of this time to relocate them ASAP as once this update goes live on console, that will no longer be possible. 

It is important to note that the Turret Update will not go live on console with this update, but instead a future one. 

You can read the patch notes in their entirety for this Thursday patch on the respective patch notes thread:

Community Livestreams!

survivetheark-live-stream.jpg

We have some exciting news to share with you today!

Beginning in May the community team will be doing biweekly livestreams. During these livestreams we will have Zen Rowe, Chris, and Jen bringing ARK news, and celebrating modding and the community as a whole every other week. We'll be playing ARK, showing off mods, and showing off your community creations for all to see. Survivors are invited to join us in the chat, and sometimes even in-game, to play and chat with the community team and other developers.

At this time we're going to begin gathering up your community creations to be displayed on stream. We are accepting any type of ARK related fanart. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

We will no longer be running Community Crunch contests here on the forums. The Community Crunch will transition into being our weekly news post, while the biweekly streams will become our new Community celebration initiative. We will instead be running contests on the livestreams, with a chance to win something special if your submission is the best of the bunch.

You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

We'll be announcing our streaming schedule in next weeks crunch so check back in for that next Monday!

Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

Mod Tutorial Contest Update!

For our "whacky buffs" themed tutorial contest we got some pretty hilarious submissions. Thank you for those, I had a good laugh 9_9.
The winner of the third mod tutorial contest is RedDwarf with his ridiculous Rocket Poop buff! 

We also have three additional runner-up submissions. All of these tutorials had different ways to implement these buffs and showed different information and techniques. Links to all of the tutorials can be found in the contest post below, and remember that next Monday, April 30th, is the submission deadline for the current contest for Space Day props!

Next week I will have a new Wildcard Workshop video ready for you, we will be continuing our coverage of Replication with some practical examples.

ARK: Evolution Event!

evo_event.jpg

Our next Evolution Event will take place from the 27th of April at 1 PM EST until Monday the 30th at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Can you guys please look into the dino respawns on console? My map is pretty much empty. I cant find new tames, meat for troughs, etc. I have no idea why this would be happening unless it is connected to the day cycle speed which I have extended to the max, but even after days passing, no new respawns. Please update this. Many people have told me they have the same issue and it has made me stop playing for the most part and after buying in early access, plus the season pass, it is really a let down... Love the game, just please take a look at this and similar issues, I would massively appreciate it. Really do appreciate the steps you guys have already started taking to address these kinds of problems.

6 minutes ago, GhostCreep said:

Thanks for the info! Can you guys please look into the dino respawns on console? My map is pretty much empty. I cant find new tames, meat for troughs, etc. I have no idea why this would be happening unless it is connected to the day cycle speed which I have extended to the max, but even after days passing, no new respawns. Please update this. Many people have told me they have the same issue and it has made me stop playing for the most part and after buying in early access, plus the season pass, it is really a let down... Love the game, just please take a look at this and similar issues, I would massively appreciate it. Really do appreciate the steps you guys have already started taking to address these kinds of problems.

I am assuming that this is on single player, if so you can force dino spawns by doing a dino wipe.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

As someone who has no interest in Livestreams (for various reasons), will I now completely miss contest results?

I suspect there will be VOD's for each stream on Twitch that you can watch at a later date if you want to. I doubt that the contestants need to be there at the stream to win, just make sure you get your entry(ies) submitted before hand. I'm sure there will be more details in the next Crunch though.

How do you guys mean " re-downloading the maps" ? There are no problems what so ever based on the maps ... and will there be a tlc3? If so take a look at the sizes of the dinos for example the pachy and the dilo should be bigger and the giga should've been a lott smaller .... ( love the game by the way ) hope you guys do something cool with the extinction dlc and the game performance on ps4 

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Hemke said:

How do you guys mean " re-downloading the maps" ? There are no problems what so ever based on the maps

If you read the Patch Notes you will see that there are hotfixes for all the maps. Although you personally may not have experienced problems with the maps that doesn't mean there aren't problems. So they need to be redownloaded for the reasons given in the OP, i.e. all maps have been updated.

9 hours ago, ItzGreenDawg said:

I am assuming that this is on single player, if so you can force dino spawns by doing a dino wipe.

And how can you do that? I have manually killed pretty much everything with no respawns and I already had to start over once because the game glitched out, crashed minutes after each time I restarted and it would not save the game no matter how many times I saved, resulting in me losing months on months of legit tames and builds. I felt the only thing that I had did differently then was the "destroywilddinos" command to get new tames and everything went downhill from there, so I never used it again. If what you are speaking of is a different way of respawns then please let me know how. But I also feel they should naturally respawn each day at the very least or sooner considering everybody's day setting is different and that needs to be addressed sooner or later regardless. It is a really game breaking glitch.

Edited by GhostCreep

Cool!! I am looking forward to the streams :) glad we can compete again as well, this is a great idea :)

Any Idea when the last lot of prize money will be sent out btw? need some cash to rent a server for a while

One more question, if we email artwork such as videos for builds would you prefer a video attached or is a link to the video ok? 

Edited by ThePilgrim

• Volunteer Moderator

If you experience game issues then please post them in the relevant platform bugs and support forums:

PC - https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/60-bug-reports-support/
Xbox - https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16-bug-reports-support/
PS4 - https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/10312-bug-reports-support/

If you require ingame support you can submit tickets via:

PC - https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/incident-reports/
Xbox/PS4 - https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Please do not post game issues in the Community Crunch.

• Like 1