Spinos Tested on Broodmother

Migol

To keep it short and sweet: Spinos do get the water Buff (easily) in the Broodmother encounter.    Tested it last night, assuming a regular pull (IE she aggros you and you whistle all your dinos to attack her) it's possible to just stand in the stream full time.

Notes:

1. I found myself immobile midfight.    Thought something was wigging out or I was stuck on spiderlings.  Turns out the fast and hard Spino 2-leg attack got me so much meat from spiderlings I was encumbered...
  2. With Rexes also in the mix, it was hard to be 100% sure I was reaching Broodmother over their massive bodies (I took just one spino).    I definitely killed a lot of spiderlings though.     Probably was also hitting her, and it'd be a nonissue if I went with Theriz instead.    
  3. Regeneration from water seems bugged, I plopped it in water about 30 minutes before we went, upped it's health a bunch from the still base tame state.    It wasn't even close to fully healed when we started the fight.     Still had no issues surviving, the yuty buff+a 84 armor asc saddle seems to be plenty against gamma at least, didn't really take any damage to note, though was never "tanking" broodmother to begin with.
  4. Since I don't believe the "stay on 2 feet in combat" works yet, probably the optimal setup is imprinted riders on Spinos and one yuty, and unridden rex/theriz.

Archived