Maybe some advice to lvl up faster ?

toxico

If you're new with no experience or tribe it may be easiest to google a map of all the explorer notes and run to them until you can craft some narcotics. Plenty of ways to level if you have a tribe with dinos such as the deathworm farm or killing wyverns on SE, on the island if you have a tribe you can run the swamp cave and get a ton of early levels, on aberration you can farm reaper queens I've helped people level to lvl 80 in less than 2 hours doing this. 

1 hour ago, FeyGriffin said:

lvls 1-70 can be done in a couple of hours on the Island just by getting explorer notes, then tame a giga, go to scorched & farm deathworms - I've personally done 1-100 in 11 hours on official PvP doing this. It's by far the fastest way to level.

yeah, sure just tame a giga when ur level 70 even tho the saddle is unlocked at 96

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

remember if you craft to lvl don't just toss the item, place it, then demo, demo 2 and you can make another 1, you make more xp with less resources than if you just throw them away.

Yeah but who wants to place and demo 6318 large crop plots??

<puts on cloth hat> okay.. only 6,999 more people..  

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Yeah but who wants to place and demo 6318 large crop plots??

<puts on cloth hat> okay.. only 6,999 more people..  

Those crop plots are pretty expensive! It would save time otherwise spent gathering resources!

Edit: I got bored, so I decided to calculate the resources that would be needed for that if you threw them away every single time. 

Wood-505,440

Thatch-252,720

Fiber-379,080

Stone-631,800

I can think of a few ways.

• If you have a lot (by that I mean a LOT) of resource to spare, make 10 Grinder.
    • Making cooking pot, or like above, Industrial cooker with water source. You need Broth of Enlightment which requires you to kill Deathworm/Wooly Rhino for its horn. This gives 2x, but it will contradict with Explorer Note buff.
    • Also, optionally, you can use a toilet. Take a dump and flush. Gives you 2x as well, doesn't contradict with the above.
    • Get a wood-cutting dino like Theri, Roll Rat, Castroides, and a dino for carrying (Karkinos or Quetzal, former for Aberration or nearby with tons of free, latter for anywhere else; get a dino that has reduced carryweight in wood is a plus, but not mandatory unless you ate repeated trips)
    • Shove all but one slot with wood, and shove 2 gasoline per grinder.
    • Start them all up, Start all thatch making, drink a broth, and dump and flush (need to do this constantly as buff don't last long), and you get a 4x. IF you do this in Evolution even, it be very fast, I can guarantee it.
      • This method is resource heavy, as I said, but its less tedious than breeding/finding dino to kill others, which is below.
  • If you have a decent dino that you can kill with, then...
    • For Island/Center/Ragnarok, you can try to weaken the Titanosaur with whatever neccessary (Lightning Wyvern/Giga/Reaper King with decent stat), then get to a certain distance (with your dino in safe zone), and shoot with Compound Bow/Shotgun and kill it, whilst under Exp boost effect.
    • For Scorched Earth/Ragnarok, there are a few way around it. If you have a Wyvern (possibly Lighting for the best)/Bred Giga/Decent Reaper King, hunt and kill Deathworm with it. Alternatively, have a bred Thyla with decent health and damage, harm deathworm till its low on health, then slaughter it with compound bow or shotgun.
    • For Aberration, you will want Rock Drake (or a dino with decent stat, but I recommend drake because they can withstand the knockback), and a mounted light pet... and a hazard suit (unless you want to cheap yourself out and use Lamprey for 300 seconds)... and a decent shotgun. Runa round until either the Drake's hair furls up or you see ground moving towards or far from you. Lure the Reaper Queen that emerges out to a safe zone (don't ever stand at or near back rubble, or you will have a bad time) and start killing it with your drake (or other dino, or other means), and have the charge light up. When its nearly bloody, start shooting it while still having the charge light weakening the queen and you should kill it. Just make sure you get away from it on death; Acid Cloud from its deceased carcass can kill the unwary ones. If you want to get a Reaper King, weaken it till its bloody, turn off light an- actually, that will be for another story.
      • This method needs you to ahve advanced far enough into the game before you do this, best if you have EXP boost of any kind.

the usual way (for new-ish/inexperienced players) is to craft foundations, place 2 on the ground, stand on one and spam replace the other one.

If you have berry gatherer - you can put m&p and craft narcotics along the way

Having raft helps with storing and transporting large amount of resources to craft things from one explorer note to another.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:46 AM, MandyH said:

On a more practical note.

Tame a Rex 100+ motton tame will do.

See if freindly person can make saddle.

Just kill kill kill

Throw away meat and rubbish

Kill kill kill

Repeat for a few hours

ps find notes and X2 most weekends.

This will get you to level 85 in no time the last levels will take a   bit more

Do this and build a greenhouse full of narcoberries to craft narcotics.

On 4/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, BP1 said:

Not sure what map you are on or what your capabilities are, but I’ve heard ppl making 10 grinders and running them all at once to speed level. Haven’t tried it yet myself, but it sounds worth it even though the grinders aren’t cheap.

I’ve also heard of this method. I can confirm one has decent xp gains. But I couldn’t imagine 10. Idk if it stacks, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t. 

So if it’s 2x and you look up all note locations, I believe you can get up to 75 in bout 6 hours. You gotta systematically follow a map and keep gathering notes before the last note buff runs out. 

Also another method: get to bout level 10 and pump up nothing but speed. Kill a dodo and drag it through an swamp area. What this will do is gather up all the dragon flies in the area and after you kite enough, you turn around while walking backwards and kill the group with a spear. Decent xp for low levels. Especially during 2x 

Archived