Breeding Confusion

WolthTeef

First off, I would not consider myself a noob at breeding. I've done it plenty with rexs and raptors, sabers etc.

I bred a pair of megaloceros today, female lvl 187, male stands at 182, not sure if anyone applied any lvls to it, it was tamed awhile back. The baby came out at 199 and has the exact same stats as the female except for a lower weight stat.

Can this be explained? What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

You have 12 mystery levels.  The higher weight on the baby may account for some of the missing levels.  You also get “wasted” points in speed that transfer to babies.  It’s possible some of those 12 extra levels are accounted for in this speed stat.

Regarding the basics... assume dinos have 4 stats.  Health, weight, melee and speed.  A male has 10/5/10/5 and the female has 5/10/5/10.  Both have spent yhe exact same amount of points and therefore are the same level.  The baby of the two could come out 10/10/10/10 if it takes the highest points from each parent.  Each parent used 30 points, but the baby will have 40 and be a higher level than both parents.

The only thing the above example doesn’t show is that move speed on dinos is allocated points.  Those points cannot be seen and do not impact dino stats.  Your baby looks like it ended up with the higher speed stat from the parents.

Hello,

I also had this happen and to creatures I did not write everything down.

Write down everything. Taming method, wid stats, tamed with and stats aftet tamed. Information is knowledge. As I think I figured it out they (WC ) make changes. Example I got a mix of stats 30-60 days ago and now almost all the best stats. Mysteries mysteries.

Regards,

Ariana 

I understand that. The issue is I have a baby that is 12 lvls HIGHER than the mom and 17 lvls HIGHER than the dad with no stats to show. That shouldn't be possible. I can understand bad records causing confusion going down lvls, things being lower than what I thought they should be but no record keeping can explain mystery lvls applied.

1 hour ago, WolthTeef said:

I understand that. The issue is I have a baby that is 12 lvls HIGHER than the mom and 17 lvls HIGHER than the dad with no stats to show. That shouldn't be possible. I can understand bad records causing confusion going down lvls, things being lower than what I thought they should be but no record keeping can explain mystery lvls applied.

Check torpor. I've noticed that bumps lvls

Archived