Ragnarok Boss-Battle with Spinos?

Yokai0711

Heyho everyone!

I was wondering if anyone of you guys already made expierences with Bossfights using Spinos.

Since the TLC Spinos became real Class-Canons.

They now deal tons of damage. And with the help of the river in the arena, more then Rexes would do! But still they are very very squishy!

The Spinos I hatch start with 42 Points in Health, which is around 6580,1. Aswell as 36 Points in Damage. ( Didn't go for mutons yet )

Just for comparison, Rexes with 42 Points would hatch with 10340,1... 

Jupiter.thumb.jpg.8a8b5ff008f7f3b512b800fe92104824.jpg

So I wonder if my beloved Spinos are Viable for Boss-Fights now...

I think - since they are so squishy - I would take 18 Spinos, 1 Yuti and 1 Daedon with me.

What do you guys think?

Regards, Yokai!

The main thing about the Ragnarok fight (And the Dragon in general) is that the majority of the incoming damage is from the fire breath if you have good, 100+ armor saddles (Which reduce the melee damage of everything in there by like 80-90%). I've done the math before for all this - Low health, extreme armor is best for the Dragon. 10k is the "sweet" spot, where your Daedon can outheal the fire debuff. 15k is the breakpoint, where your Daedon can no longer outheal the fire debuff faster then it kills your dinos (And it seems you are more or less right there). The main thing is, does that little river actually COUNT as water for the Ragnarok fight?

If it does, then Spinos ARE probably better for the Ragnarok Arena - The 20HP/s from the regen buff, as well as their extreme mobility and the fact that they'll deal almost twice as much damage as what Rexes can output would mean that Spinos may be the go-to for Ragnarok arena.

But again, it's really all about your saddles. If you have a 90-120 armor, I would say, test it on SP first to make sure you can get that water buff, and then do it on MP.

Also, if you aren't worried about losing Spinos (They are easier to breed then Rexes imo), you use the same comp and go up against a Titan. Since Titan's have EHP equal to Beta-level bosses (230k, with a 66% reduced damage taken from dinos), and deal physical damage equal to Beta bosses (1k, reduced by armor), a Titan is a good measure to see if you can down a boss with whatever comp you want to use, WITHOUT having to risk losing saddles, gear, the tribute, and even the possibility of saving a good portion of your team if it turns out you can't down it.

Mhh thanks for the answer! :D

I didn't know about that Breakpoint at 15K ... I always tried to find balance between Damage and Health, ofc with focus on Damage since Spinos are glass canons.

My Spino Saddle BP is @104.6 Armor and with crafting skilled I made some between 120-130 Armor. I really hope that's enough.... since PvE is always at tame cap, loosing many Dinos hurts quite a bit... It takes like forever to hatch when the server is capped :<

With the saddles I mentioned above: Do you think I should stay below 15K Health and spend more into Damage therefore? I was just worried about being smushed by the Rock Elementals during the Air Phase of the Manticore.

12 hours ago, Yokai0711 said:

Mhh thanks for the answer! :D

I didn't know about that Breakpoint at 15K ... I always tried to find balance between Damage and Health, ofc with focus on Damage since Spinos are glass canons.

My Spino Saddle BP is @104.6 Armor and with crafting skilled I made some between 120-130 Armor. I really hope that's enough.... since PvE is always at tame cap, loosing many Dinos hurts quite a bit... It takes like forever to hatch when the server is capped :<

With the saddles I mentioned above: Do you think I should stay below 15K Health and spend more into Damage therefore? I was just worried about being smushed by the Rock Elementals during the Air Phase of the Manticore.

With 120-130 armor saddles, Rock Elementals will deal 10-20 damage per hit. The Dragon will deal ~50-120 damage, depending on difficulty (120 is Alpha difficulty) per melee hit. The main issue that Rock Elementals bring is that they cause your dinos to get stuck on them, essentially removing them from the fight.

The main sources of damage you will be taking is from the Dragon's fireballs (Roughly ~300-400 damage per hit on Alpha, which the Daedon can heal through), and the Dragon's Fire Breath (Again, at 10k HP, Daedons are capable of healing through the fire damage, and at 15k, Daedon's start to fall behind between what they can heal and how often the Dragon breaths fire).

So your main concern is going to be the Daedon's food. Due to the Spinos insanely high damage, rate of attack, and damage radius, when the Dragon lands, it's basically going to die fast with 700-800% melee Spinos. The concern is lasting until the Dragon lands.

Manticore is a speed bump in comparision, and is of no concern on any difficulty. The presence of the Manticore only prevents you from using low-torpor dinos for fun, like Stegos and Mammoths.

But yes - You have very strong saddles, very solid Spinos. As long as you fill your Daedon up with food beforehand (Filling it's inventory with as much kibble as you can, preferably Iguanodon kibble), and you roar with the Yuty before handing in, you should down the Ragnarok fight decently, even WITHOUT the water buff. With the water buff, it'll be a walk in the park from my number crunching.

2 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

With 120-130 armor saddles, Rock Elementals will deal 10-20 damage per hit. The Dragon will deal ~50-120 damage, depending on difficulty (120 is Alpha difficulty) per melee hit. The main issue that Rock Elementals bring is that they cause your dinos to get stuck on them, essentially removing them from the fight.

The main sources of damage you will be taking is from the Dragon's fireballs (Roughly ~300-400 damage per hit on Alpha, which the Daedon can heal through), and the Dragon's Fire Breath (Again, at 10k HP, Daedons are capable of healing through the fire damage, and at 15k, Daedon's start to fall behind between what they can heal and how often the Dragon breaths fire).

So your main concern is going to be the Daedon's food. Due to the Spinos insanely high damage, rate of attack, and damage radius, when the Dragon lands, it's basically going to die fast with 700-800% melee Spinos. The concern is lasting until the Dragon lands.

Manticore is a speed bump in comparision, and is of no concern on any difficulty. The presence of the Manticore only prevents you from using low-torpor dinos for fun, like Stegos and Mammoths.

But yes - You have very strong saddles, very solid Spinos. As long as you fill your Daedon up with food beforehand (Filling it's inventory with as much kibble as you can, preferably Iguanodon kibble), and you roar with the Yuty before handing in, you should down the Ragnarok fight decently, even WITHOUT the water buff. With the water buff, it'll be a walk in the park from my number crunching.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the Input!

This here is my Daeodon, Chris P. Bacon. I am already collecting Dodo Eggs, since I sadly don't have Iguanodons anymore :o

5adc80494d4fe_ChrisP.Bacon.thumb.jpg.b2d2eeefdcf22d9e08c6883b47768631.jpg

How much food do you usually fill into your daedon? Right now I just have 4 Stacks of Dodokibble prepared >.<

Again, thank you so much for your help :D

I prefer to go with overkill and make 50 stacks of various kibble (Dodo, dilo, compy, diplo, easy to make kibble that I have surplus eggs of). The nice thing with kibble is that you can quickly forcefeed it to a pig to refill its food. Note that Daedons use roughly 1k food/second, so 70k food is only a minute of healing, so massive amounts of kibble to keep your pigs going is a must imo.

On 2018/4/21 at 12:50 AM, Yokai0711 said:

Heyho大家好!

我想知道你们中的任何一个人是否已经使用Spinos与Bossfights进行过会面。

由于TLC Spinos成为真正的Class-Canons。

他们现在造成了很多伤害。在赛场上的河流的帮助下,雷克斯还会这么做!但他们仍然非常非常柔软!

Spinos I孵化开始于42点健康,约6580,1。以及36点的伤害。(还没有去mut子)

只是为了比较,具有42点的雷克斯将与10340,1孵化... 

Jupiter.thumb.jpg.8a8b5ff008f7f3b512b800fe92104824.jpg

所以我想知道我的心爱的Spinos现在是否适合Boss-Fights ...

我认为 - 因为他们很卑鄙 - 我会带着18个Spinos,1个Yuti和1个Daedon。

你们有什么感想?

问候,Yokai!

What's the name of this software, please!ty?

16 hours ago, ELegantment said:

What's the name of this software, please!ty?

It's called "ARK Smart Breeding" 

It keeps track of the Stats of the Dinos you tamed / bred and calculates the possible stats of new generations. 

With a few clicks it even tells you, what to mate, to get the best result :-) 

Archived