Build an Industrial Grinder!!!???

gilgamesh9

I finally built an industrial grinder, seeing as i had 7 vaults full of gear I'll never use and several duplicate saddles. Ended grinding up stuff for an hour or so. Besides the tons of fiber, flint and wood, I amassed 4200 metal ingots and 900 obsidian. Lances produce about 100 ing a piece and laser attachments produce 15 crystal and 10 electronics. Now that I've used it, I would say that it is easier to just grind the materials the old fashioned way. I'm now dropping all items primitive and ramshackle unless they are lances, guns, shields, swords, or gun attachments. Industrial grinder cost: 3200 ing, 2000 crystal, 800 cp, 600 oil, and 600 poly. Net gain: 1000 ing and a bunch of easily attainable materials. Net loss: 1950 crystal, 550 cp, 600 oil, and 150 poly. Coupled with the stupid controls of the industrial grinder, having to select things one at a time, this turned out to be a huge disappointment. Would have been way more productive to collect the 1000 ing myself and still have the 2000 crystal sitting in storage. High level gear produces more materials in the grinder, but I haven't amassed a ton of journeyman, mc, and ascendant stuff that i don't need yet. My advice to everyone that has vaults full of low level gear: just drop it, grinder not worth the cost or time. If you have vaults full of high end stuff it may be worth it, but I haven't tested it yet.

13 minutes ago, gilgamesh9 said:

I finally built an industrial grinder, seeing as i had 7 vaults full of gear I'll never use and several duplicate saddles. Ended grinding up stuff for an hour or so. Besides the tons of fiber, flint and wood, I amassed 4200 metal ingots and 900 obsidian. Lances produce about 100 ing a piece and laser attachments produce 15 crystal and 10 electronics. Now that I've used it, I would say that it is easier to just grind the materials the old fashioned way. I'm now dropping all items primitive and ramshackle unless they are lances, guns, shields, swords, or gun attachments. Industrial grinder cost: 3200 ing, 2000 crystal, 800 cp, 600 oil, and 600 poly. Net gain: 1000 ing and a bunch of easily attainable materials. Net loss: 1950 crystal, 550 cp, 600 oil, and 150 poly. Coupled with the stupid controls of the industrial grinder, having to select things one at a time, this turned out to be a huge disappointment. Would have been way more productive to collect the 1000 ing myself and still have the 2000 crystal sitting in storage. High level gear produces more materials in the grinder, but I haven't amassed a ton of journeyman, mc, and ascendant stuff that i don't need yet. My advice to everyone that has vaults full of low level gear: just drop it, grinder not worth the cost or time. If you have vaults full of high end stuff it may be worth it, but I haven't tested it yet.

What i noticed is you basically get the repair cost for the item you grind.

You're missing another usefull functionality of the industrial grinder, leveling.

If you're a solo player it can be used to get xp by grinding up wood while under the influence of some xp-buffs.

If you're in a tribe it can be used to level up dinos since the tribe-xp goes to the dino the tribemate is sitting on.

I pulled an ascendant Electric Prod from--I think--a desert drop once. So many electronics when ground....

Other than that, though, I've used one to grind levels as mentioned above. And it seems to come into its own once you start caving and getting better drops from crates, etc. This is from a solo player perspective, though.

Wouldn't be without one - levelling for hard to level tames (e.g. Angler), resources from the stuff that I'd otherwise popcorn, pays for itself many times over in very little time. keep a vault next to ours for overflow - once they're both full run the grinder, usually end up with 2-5K ingots, 1K crystal, 500 electronics + other stuff - all on official Rag, just from gear that I'd throw away. And, when tribemates are around, level stuff in minutes rather than days

Archived