Cookie Cutter humans

Nahamston

Just fyi scissors is how you style your hair. Theres a few different hairstyles available and some unlockable ones too. I believe its left trigger on xbox to use them on yourself or right trigger to use them on an ovis(to shear for wool) or another player. Once you cut your hair you will basically become bald and your hair will grow into your hairstyle over time. If you have a dye in your inventory when you use the scissors you can dye your hair using that color dye. Heres the wiki page for the scissors mentioning what the level a resource requirements are.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Scissors

8 hours ago, Nahamston said:

What is with the lack of creativity when creating our characters.  You force everyone, male and female to have the same damn hair cut.  Why not just give us the purple robes and Nike sneakers and Kool-aid to drink while you are at it.

I don't understand how people can be so openly critical about something they clearly haven't bothered looking into. If you're going to be publicly confident and assertive when criticizing something, first check to make sure you're not completely oblivious on the topic

Not only are there plenty of hairstyles allowing character customization...there are even beards for my dudes. You can change color, trim to different lengths, and there are even skins for hats. So...now you know.

21 hours ago, Nahamston said:

What is with the lack of creativity when creating our characters.  You force everyone, male and female to have the same damn hair cut.  Why not just give us the purple robes and Nike sneakers and Kool-aid to drink while you are at it.

Hair cutting, dying, mods for altering appearances further, etc all exist.

Keep in mind this isn't City of Heroes either but there is nothing stopping you from hitting the dev kit and also making things that may suit your wants too and if you're work is good enough, WC might even pay you for it in the sponsored mods program or buy you out etc.

But keep in mind this is a really low priority QoL to alter the character creation to your wants by the devs.  I think you can reasonably agree and see how much more things have more priority to work on than this but again the devs at least give an open door to players with the ability to use the dev kit for this otherwise.

Archived