When do we get a movie about ARK?

JayWinter

It just seems like there should be a movie ya know? ARK is such a good story and rich with so much content it really just seems too big to not be a movie. I've taken the time to read all of the explorer notes and I've experienced the full end game except the new extinction dlc, but it just feels like someone should make an epic adventure movie based on ARK. Wildcard has made an insane amount of cash off this game and people love dinosaur movies so I don't really see a reason why this shouldn't happen. Has there been any talk about a movie that any of you know of? I know right before official release they did that cinematic trailer advertisement - and when you start reading player's stories of their experiences on the ARK's it all seems too good to not be a movie. Then again, I'm one of those people who don't think ARK is worth $60 but much rather $1000 so I might be a little bias but nevertheless it just screams hollywood imo. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

21 minutes ago, JayWinter said:

It just seems like there should be a movie ya know? ARK is such a good story and rich with so much content it really just seems too big to not be a movie. I've taken the time to read all of the explorer notes and I've experienced the full end game except the new extinction dlc, but it just feels like someone should make an epic adventure movie based on ARK. Wildcard has made an insane amount of cash off this game and people love dinosaur movies so I don't really see a reason why this shouldn't happen. Has there been any talk about a movie that any of you know of? I know right before official release they did that cinematic trailer advertisement - and when you start reading player's stories of their experiences on the ARK's it all seems too good to not be a movie. Then again, I'm one of those people who don't think ARK is worth $60 but much rather $1000 so I might be a little bias but nevertheless it just screams hollywood imo. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Lol YES MOVIE PLEEASE! They could probably pillage the brand with a movie on each ark with spinoff series for the centre and rag lol. Where's Spielberg?!

Honestly I used to pick apart the game lots till reading the notes and it completely changed my perspective. Arks the first game that's included map barriers and whatnot as part of the story...it explains a lot of DILO things too and I appreciate that.  

Movie the cabin in the woods is actually probably the closest thing to ark that comes to mind right now. General idea is similar anyway imo.

Archived