Tek Generator Element Usage - OFFICIAL, anyone have latest?

Skiidzman

So I am trying to figure out two things basically, as the wiki is apparently wrong for official rates.

A) Does the Tek Generator allow you to set the radius to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc?  Or is it only 1x, 2x, and higher?

B) How long will 1 element last on a 1x setting?  From my calculation or what I have been told it should be 20+ hours.

Anybody experienced want to chime in? Please do not post whats in the ark wiki, because it can't be accurate. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Skiidzman said:

So I am trying to figure out two things basically, as the wiki is apparently wrong for official rates.

A) Does the Tek Generator allow you to set the radius to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc?  Or is it only 1x, 2x, and higher?

B) How long will 1 element last on a 1x setting?  From my calculation or what I have been told it should be 20+ hours.

Anybody experienced want to chime in? Please do not post whats in the ark wiki, because it can't be accurate. 

B) On 1x radius, it consumes 1 element every 18 hours. I’ve confirmed this using shards as it’s a more accurate reading.

On 10x radius, it only consumes element at around double the rate of 1x but I’m not sure how long it lasts. Further in-depth testing required.

I have 4x fuel consumption interval multiplier on my server, so all I need to do is devide my results by 4 for you (1 element last 72 hours on a 1x radius for example, so that’s 18 hours on official).

18 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

B) On 1x radius, it consumes 1 element every 18 hours. I’ve confirmed this using shards as it’s a more accurate reading.

On 10x radius, it only consumes element at around double the rate of 1x but I’m not sure how long it lasts. Further in-depth testing required.

I have 4x fuel consumption interval multiplier on my server, so all I need to do is devide my results by 4 for you (1 element last 72 hours on a 1x radius for example, so that’s 18 hours on official).

Isnt 10x radius 10x the burn rate?

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Isnt 10x radius 10x the burn rate?

Nope. On my server, 10x burnt through around 50 shards in 24 hours, which would be 200 shards or 2 element on official rates.

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

10x = 1 element per hour. According to wiki. 

So you're saying it's closer to 2 element an hour or 2 element per 24 hrs? Just clarifying 

I don’t think the wiki was ever correct as the fuel consumption interval multiplier was halved on officials and the data still doesn’t match up.

So from my findings, 10x = 2 element per 24 hours. Don’t take this as gospel though as I need more testing.

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I don’t think the wiki was ever correct as the fuel consumption interval multiplier was halved on officials and the data still doesn’t match up.

So from my findings, 10x = 2 element per 24 hours. Don’t take this as gospel though as I need more testing.

Noted.

I have adjusted fuel rates and haven't tried any element fueled appliances yet. I have a Tek gen built but have yet to FIRE UP THE REACTOR!  I'm set at 2, gas lasts a while I just haven't paid attention or done le maths. 

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Noted.

I have adjusted fuel rates and haven't tried any element fueled appliances yet. I have a Tek gen built but have yet to FIRE UP THE REACTOR!  I'm set at 2, gas lasts a while I just haven't paid attention or done le maths. 

2 is the old official rate before they made changes to gas/element consumption in generators.

If you’re going to do real testing, use element shards instead of element as they will give a better picture, as 100 shards = 1 element. 

On 4/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, DJRone89 said:

Thanks mucho

• 8 months later...

Archived