Will my baby Dino's make it?

Grandta

1 hour ago, Grandta said:

I hatched alot of rexes and they are all juvenile and have 17 Rexes left.

4 just literally just starved to death with food in the trough.

I'm solo so I'm pretty much staying close to base incase the trough goes dry.

Will they survive the night?

Did the ones who died make it to juvenile stage? 

(I'm guessing you already know the following, but just in case.) If they were infants, you have to put food in their inventory manually. And it is a good practice to force feed them a little bit as well. They won't eat from troughs until they are over 10%

4 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Did the ones who died make it to juvenile stage? 

(I'm guessing you already know the following, but just in case.) If they were infants, you have to put food in their inventory manually. And it is a good practice to force feed them a little bit as well. They won't eat from troughs until they are over 10%

They were in the 20% area.

Yeah I'm using my wyvern and rare flowers to get meat to fill them all

Helpful hints. If you plan to do 17 rex's a little prep work goes a long way.

1. Fridges. have enough and stock them with meat

2. troughs know how many you need to have and keep them filled.

3. timing. if you raise that many rex's start on a 2x weekend so getting meat isn't that bad. You can fill up your fridges and troughs easily and can keep them filled the majority of the raise.

Good luck

18 hours ago, Grandta said:

I hatched alot of rexes and they are all juvenile and have 17 Rexes left.

4 just literally just starved to death with food in the trough.

I'm solo so I'm pretty much staying close to base incase the trough goes dry.

Will they survive the night?

If you're solo your base should be pretty lowkey and compact so I wouldn't recommend hatching more than 2 rexes at a time and have at least like 6 troughs full for one night And I wouldn't keep more than like 8 rexes around base really because you won't be able to use them in a defense if you are solo they will be meat run. Also, I wouldn't use b gates in a solo base + i would build in a forest or something and Leave the trees around base and keep low on dinos unless you have a few tribe mates to check on them and feed them. Btw you have to still feed fully raised dinos I remember having 40+ gigas and we would have to use a quetz and troughs to fly around feeding our rexes and stuff. Btw, when I was a tribe of 4 and I only had 20 rexes. Don't raise almost 20 rexes as a solo. 

im in a tribe but we are split across several servers so i mostly hatch my dinos solo. I could ask for help but i usually never need it. I have my base in snow so other players are almost never around to render in the babys. I also play less to unrender them as much as i can. Out of 9:15h rex baby phase im propably around them for less than 2h

Archived