Should I move closer to my allies?

RedDogRob

Hi guys,

I have recently started playing on the island and have built on craggs island (85, 27). I joined a 7 tribe strong alliance the other day who said that it would be good if I moved closer to them as it's easier to get to them and that I'm ages away from the oil and metal spawns. I've just built and placed my forge and placed 25 b gates around my base. Should I make the most of the upcoming 2x weekend and move or should I stay in my own spot? I'm currently torn! The best thing to do would be to move but I've put a good amount of time in to the base that I've currently got.

RedDogRob

32 minutes ago, RedDogRob said:

I joined a 7 tribe strong alliance the other day

Short answer: Move.

Longer answer:

If you are on an Official server this game is just more fun if you're with a tribe. The game was designed and built to be played by people in groups, and if you don't play in groups you're just making it harder for yourself. There's nothing wrong with being solo, or isolated from your tribe, people can do it if they want to, but understand it makes the game harder.

It feels hard to give up the time and resources you'll lose by tearing your stuff down and moving, but you'll gain back so much more in the long run by being near your tribe mates.

• Volunteer Moderator

If your solo I'd move closer. If your not solo I would ask your tribe mates. Honestly if your far away from them it will be hard for them to help defend you. You could also do a smaller base near them as well as others have suggested. It's really up to you in the long run.

Maybe you could have the best of both worlds?

Build a base closer to your Allies, but keep your old base, and make it a good spot for your allies and others to stop off at, or keep tames. Could be a place to hide extra supplies in case your allies and you get raided at the main bases?

One thing for sure, if you stop using it, then dismantle it.

Archived