Boss fights Ranked

Jaydageezer

Hello all and thanks in advance....

I've been reading a fair bit, mostly opinions but it seems they vary widely!

I'm after a solid guide to how hard each Boss is in regards to each other. I mean Are the Island gamma bosses the easiest or Rag?

Is there a guide anywhere as to what to expect and or minimum requirement of dino and which dino is most suitable.

15 minutes ago, Jaydageezer said:

Hello all and thanks in advance....

I've been reading a fair bit, mostly opinions but it seems they vary widely!

I'm after a solid guide to how hard each Boss is in regards to each other. I mean Are the Island gamma bosses the easiest or Rag?

Is there a guide anywhere as to what to expect and or minimum requirement of dino and which dino is most suitable.

I don't play on rag, but I can tell you the island gamma bosses (at least spider and ape) are a complete joke. As long as you have semi decent (and even that is debatable) Dino's you will roll over them. I was worried about them at first, but with only like 5 boss rexs and 6 decent allos with a yuty (and even a few times without when it didn't port in for some reason) the bosses just melted. Ape literally takes less than 2 minutes with a decent set up. Brood doesn't take much more. The only time I took any damage so to speak on anything was when the yuty and a rex or two didn't make it in and the fight took quite a bit longer, but still it was like 4k dmg max. Beta on those two really isn't that much harder either. You only run into trouble when you get to alpha.

Edit: a good rule of thumb is around 35k health on the rexs, rest into melee. Should be at least 600% or so for alphas. Gammas I wouldn't really put any requirement on, just need a decent amount of rexs if you don't have good ones. A lot of people do spider with megatherium. Theriz work well too. Theoretically for gamma just about any dino that has over 10k health and a decent saddle that can actually do any damage will work.

It depends on how many players enter the arena with you, if you are alone you can take on spider/ape gamma + beta easily. Dragon you need a couple more ppl with shotguns and atleast 1 megaloceros (with veggie cakes) to tank the dragon that keeps it away from the other dinos. Dragon is really about manpower, because the dmg comes from the shotguns not dinos.

The bosses on "The Center" (Ape + Spider) are also easily doable as gamma+beta as solo person.

Ragnarok i have no expirience yet, we also just came back to ARK 3 weeks ago, we are raising rexes right now ;)

Rockwell Gamma can be done as 2-3 people, I think you need couple more for Beta but I am not sure about it.

So if you want to do all the bosses you will either need tribemates or join a tribe - or do it via forums with carry-runs.  In my opinion the Bosses difficulty is more about to have the people for it, than have the dinos for it. Cause nowadays you can buy the rex stats you need really cheap, and breeding those takes 4 days, but having the manpower is a bit harder ;)

Archived