Linux cluster and permissions

Synapsis

Hi,

I have some difficuly to setup my cluster on Linux, my servers run on differents sessions on the same machine so I have to grant them read/write group permissions on the cluster folder to make it work. But unfortunalety, every files generated by the server have permissions set to 0600 by default and so cannot be readed/used by the others servers

Despite my efforts I haven't found any solution to give default group permissions to these files, has anyone here ever encountered this problem and -I hope so- found a solution?

Thanks

Hi Arksanity,

yep I was expecting this remark :P that was safer and more practical for several reasons/functions. The problem being that now all my server management is scaled on that setup, I can't install multiple servers on the same user without having to recode a lot of functions and I don't want to, everthing works great like that, so I have to find a solution to this permissions issue

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, Synapsis said:

Hi,

I have some difficuly to setup my cluster on Linux, my servers run on differents sessions on the same machine so I have to grant them read/write group permissions on the cluster folder to make it work. But unfortunalety, every files generated by the server have permissions set to 0600 by default and so cannot be readed/used by the others servers

Despite my efforts I haven't found any solution to give default group permissions to these files, has anyone here ever encountered this problem and -I hope so- found a solution?

Thanks

Look at using umask on the account that runs the servers.  That determines the default file permissions.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19683-01/817-3814/userconcept-95347/index.html

• 3 months later...

Archived