Dino you wish ARK hadn't nerfed

Kaweraklu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pelagornis and Argent never should have gotten nerfed, they were never problem. I can agree that Pteras were too fast and even now the barrel roll attack is too useful and Quetzals jhad too much stamina but they made Argies to slow and made Pelagornis damn near worthless. They finally got around to indirectly admitting they were wrong to completely break Argent speed a year later by giving it buffs and some new mechanics but they still need to fix Pelagornis which won't happen for a good while if they even bother to do it at all.

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Quetzal. Once an end game tame now I burst in to tears just looking at them. What the flyer nerf did to them was criminal.

I was thinking they should make it so you can lvl Q speed BUT for every lvl you lvl into speed it takes away some HP and Mele, so it would kind of balance. to answer the OP question A little over 2 years ago there was a MASSIVE nerf to ALL pets. Before this nerf we could EASILY get our animals to 1k mele (I literally had a dodo with 1k mele) but after that they were just trashed. I hated that nerf, and still do. I also hate the nerf that they did on the alphas to make it so that they dont give very much xp.

58 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I was thinking they should make it so you can lvl Q speed BUT for every lvl you lvl into speed it takes away some HP and Mele, so it would kind of balance. to answer the OP question A little over 2 years ago there was a MASSIVE nerf to ALL pets. Before this nerf we could EASILY get our animals to 1k mele (I literally had a dodo with 1k mele) but after that they were just trashed. I hated that nerf, and still do. I also hate the nerf that they did on the alphas to make it so that they dont give very much xp.

The salt in the wound of the nerf on alpha dino XP is they did it because you could feed broth of enlightenment soups to dinos back then... Later they removed all soups from dinos and left the alpha xp still nerfed :/

Guest DJRone89

Every dino before the great dino nerf of early 2016. Watching everyone’s reaction blow up in chat was just plain sad, but then again the legacy servers back then had only recently increased the wild dino level cap to 120 from 60.

Looking back, the nerf was definitely needed because everything was insanely OP. For anyone who plays unofficial, that’s the reason the tamed dino’s health and melee is much lower than 1.0.

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Just curious. I think I read somewhere that the SP settings reverts this nerf. Is this true, or are the stat gains in SP something new entirely?

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Every dino before the great dino nerf of early 2016. Watching everyone’s reaction blow up in chat was just plain sad, but then again the legacy servers back then had only recently increased the wild dino level cap to 120 from 60.

Looking back, the nerf was definitely needed because everything was insanely OP. For anyone who plays unofficial, that’s the reason the tamed dino’s health and melee is much lower than 1.0.

I remember that nerf, and the day it was changed from 60 to 120. I tamed a max level white rex (60) then the day after it changed to 120.

I remember walking through the swamp on my rex and killing a 120 :o dodo

Also remember my rex had 1000 melee and 50k hp, as a level 60 tame haha.

2 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

The salt in the wound of the nerf on alpha dino XP is they did it because you could feed broth of enlightenment soups to dinos back then... Later they removed all soups from dinos and left the alpha xp still nerfed :/

Aww I didn't know that! I always thought it was a stupid nerf! I never understood it, they are not worth killing too much anymore! I killed like 12 of them the other day and didn't even get one lvl D:

10 minutes ago, alaskangirly said:

I'm going to go with the bronto it's not my favorite. It just the one I don't understand. It seems as tho ARK is becoming more of in favor of PVE servers. I do understand why they have been doing them. 

The nerfs are in mind of pvp, not pve.  Pve wouldnt need to worry about flyers going faster then turrets track.  Pve has no reason to nerf a siege dinos hp when theres no sieging.  The things they nerf only really upset pve players, its pvpers that cry and get the nerfs started to begin with, just like plant z and the other nerfs i mentioned.

TBH gigas...they are the hardest (easiest) things to tame. SO OP in the wild, but so bleh when tamed... Haven't really been around for the nerfing, but I mean transitioning from wild to tame, there are a bunch of dinos that kinda got nerfed that way. like ravagers. so op when in wild packs, but kinda meh when tamed.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Aww I didn't know that! I always thought it was a stupid nerf! I never understood it, they are not worth killing too much anymore! I killed like 12 of them the other day and didn't even get one lvl D:

Especially it sucks on ragnorak where alphas are nonexistent, its been a couple months since i've seen an alpha rex

9 hours ago, AngryChris73 said:

Especially it sucks on ragnorak where alphas are nonexistent, its been a couple months since i've seen an alpha rex

I run into alpha's all the time though Rex is a little less likely. I remember first day of the Easter event there were two mate boosted Alpha Rex's including a 135 Easter Alpha down at the Wyvern cove. They put a bit of a whooping on my Wyv so I flew back to base (I live on that peninsula) and came back with two of my Boss Rex's. That was good for some levels on them. 

I think the larger map and wider area of spawn points makes it seem like less Alpha's than the Island but maybe I'm just lucky because I encounter them a lot. 

13 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

Just curious. I think I read somewhere that the SP settings reverts this nerf. Is this true, or are the stat gains in SP something new entirely?

per-level gains for health and melee as well as TE bonus for stats that are affected by it are significantly increased when "use singleplayer settings" is turned on, but nowhere near pre-nerf level.

Back then it was normal for combat mount to have 2k+% melee, especially on pteras that used to hit large targets several times during their barrel-rolls effectively OHKO-ing everything. Do note that they weren't lvl 150 tames, but rather lvl 90-120 tames and breeding wasnt a thing yet.

I think ARK is much better now than it was back then.

11 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

That really sucks! I killed a 135 alpha rex on carno a couple weekends ago. If it had been 2x last weekend I probably would have gotten a lvl lol

Ya island has crazy alpha spawns

4 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I run into alpha's all the time though Rex is a little less likely. I remember first day of the Easter event there were two mate boosted Alpha Rex's including a 135 Easter Alpha down at the Wyvern cove. They put a bit of a whooping on my Wyv so I flew back to base (I live on that peninsula) and came back with two of my Boss Rex's. That was good for some levels on them. 

I think the larger map and wider area of spawn points makes it seem like less Alpha's than the Island but maybe I'm just lucky because I encounter them a lot. 

We are on a player dedicated server so the spawns are probably different

6 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

per-level gains for health and melee as well as TE bonus for stats that are affected by it are significantly increased when "use singleplayer settings" is turned on, but nowhere near pre-nerf level.

Back then it was normal for combat mount to have 2k+% melee, especially on pteras that used to hit large targets several times during their barrel-rolls effectively OHKO-ing everything. Do note that they weren't lvl 150 tames, but rather lvl 90-120 tames and breeding wasnt a thing yet.

I think ARK is much better now than it was back then.

Combine the singleplayer settings with adjusting the dmg and hp sliders to 1.0 and 10 tamed wild 100-116 rexes can kill literally anything with about 40 domestic lvls including alpha dragon and beta overseer(Likely kill alpha too).  Tested and proven by me lol.  Those rex had 50k hp and 7k% dmg with no imprint.  You sure the 2 things combined doesnt revert the dmg nerf of legend?

25 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Combine the singleplayer settings with adjusting the dmg and hp sliders to 1.0 and 10 tamed wild 100-116 rexes can kill literally anything with about 40 domestic lvls including alpha dragon and beta overseer(Likely kill alpha too).  Tested and proven by me lol.  Those rex had 50k hp and 7k% dmg with no imprint.  You sure the 2 things combined doesnt revert the dmg nerf of legend?

To get a feel of pre-nerf dinos one should disable singleplayers settings and only set all stat sliders to 1.0 (do keep a note of their previous values to be able to set them back or you'll have to restore ALL settings to default).

Archived