Dino you wish ARK hadn't nerfed

Kaweraklu

22 hours ago, Arksanity said:

Thyla. Been breeding that for weeks now only to learn I can only use it against Rockwell. While it's not a nerf, it feels like a nerf to me cause I didn't know... I didn't know... :(

Thyla's are a tame I love to breed haha I use to have so many of them! They are a pretty good tame well rounded I think. When the wall was up before the new bio opened up I use to climb the wall haha just because I could. They did well with meat runs but there are better tames for meat runs. I love them because it's a sweet looking kitty and its not a bad tame at all :) Good job breeding them what are your states coming out and levels? (I know totally off topic haha)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, megaHammer said:

TBH gigas...they are the hardest (easiest) things to tame. SO OP in the wild, but so bleh when tamed... Haven't really been around for the nerfing, but I mean transitioning from wild to tame, there are a bunch of dinos that kinda got nerfed that way. like ravagers. so op when in wild packs, but kinda meh when tamed.

I agree with you here. I do not understand why a wild is so OP and drops when tamed. Due to that I have never wanted to tame one. I've had breed ones through trading because people said they rocked at meat runs and get mad amounts of meat... but the stamina whoa hahaha talk about two steps and stand for a while and the giga ate so much meat. I picked a rex for my meat runs. Tho I would like to try out a spino for that. They just don't seem to last long on rag people tame them asap once they are spotted or they die i'm not sure. I jsut can't seem to get my hands on them tho.  

29 minutes ago, Kaweraklu said:

I agree with you here. I do not understand why a wild is so OP and drops when tamed. Due to that I have never wanted to tame one. I've had breed ones through trading because people said they rocked at meat runs and get mad amounts of meat... but the stamina whoa hahaha talk about two steps and stand for a while and the giga ate so much meat. I picked a rex for my meat runs. Tho I would like to try out a spino for that. They just don't seem to last long on rag people tame them asap once they are spotted or they die i'm not sure. I jsut can't seem to get my hands on them tho.  

The stam issue: You never run on a giga, even just walking its faster than a rex. Walk n chomp 

On 4/19/2018 at 8:52 PM, Kaweraklu said:

Good job breeding them what are your states coming out and levels? (I know totally off topic haha)

Indeed off-topic! :D Not sure if counts since it's not on an official server...

image.thumb.png.716c01de160f8c8e7cf87d0c1d5df9d6.png

We were kinda nostalgic, or mostly I was, so we ran The Old Island map in the cluster as a weekend event. Turns out there was a spawning issue with thylas down at red obi, spawned hundreds, if not thousands. Got most of the important stats there, the rest from TheCenter. All of the tames from The Old Island were females, and I kept getting male babies, so took me like 4 weeks before I had all stats combined. Sadly, this was a nice white snow leopard kind of breed, but once I finally got in speed and food stats (which serve no purpose) it was back to typical redwood color. Trying to figure out how to properly do mutations now...

On a more related topic, the basilo feels nerfed on TheCenter (just started playing that map). Such a wonderful sea-creature on TheIsland, but everything on Center is deep enough to kill it... :|

2 hours ago, Arksanity said:

Indeed off-topic! :D Not sure if counts since it's not on an official server...

image.thumb.png.716c01de160f8c8e7cf87d0c1d5df9d6.png

We were kinda nostalgic, or mostly I was, so we ran The Old Island map in the cluster as a weekend event. Turns out there was a spawning issue with thylas down at red obi, spawned hundreds, if not thousands. Got most of the important stats there, the rest from TheCenter. All of the tames from The Old Island were females, and I kept getting male babies, so took me like 4 weeks before I had all stats combined. Sadly, this was a nice white snow leopard kind of breed, but once I finally got in speed and food stats (which serve no purpose) it was back to typical redwood color. Trying to figure out how to properly do mutations now...

On a more related topic, the basilo feels nerfed on TheCenter (just started playing that map). Such a wonderful sea-creature on TheIsland, but everything on Center is deep enough to kill it... :|

Ik exactly what you mean.  The underworld is considered deep ocean so it freezes at night and the lake deals pressure dmg to basilos, which it wouldnt/shouldnt.  Go visit the jungle cave and then revisit it in like 3 hours.  Your frames will drop below 20 lol.

Quetz in the worst way.

Coming back after a two year break I was extremely disappointed. I never use them anymore.  In days past I spent a majority of the time on the Quetz for taming. You simply jump off and stand on the platform to regain stam, so you could be in flight endlessly looking for toys to tame. Paired with movement speed you could get around at a reasonable speed and farm and haul metal throughout.

Now? I use an agent for metal farming and hauling medium sized Dinos.  When I can’t haul it I use a Wyvern.  The Quetz is way to slow to be practical for anything, other than maybe helping you build a tall structure. In PVE they serve no other purpose other than Giga kibble now imo. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, BP1 said:

The recent Moschops gathering rate nerf was a shot in the foot. “Let’s make it rideable, then take away any reason to ride it” feels like the thought process that was used here.

#makemoschopsgreatagain

It's been buffed again by 30% today on PC, so will likely come to console in the next patch (post-TLC 2 more likely).

Archived