Newbie needs advice and tips

Gigawaya

1 hour ago, Bruvas78 said:

Nope. Single player characters can transfer to single player local games but not onto multiplayer. Official PVE can only transfer to official PVE, likewise official PvP. You can't transfer characters from unofficial to official. There are also restrictions on clusters and platform.

okay that's what i was thinking, but i wasn't sure. What is the difference between clusters and platform? is platform offline local? lol sorry for all the questions and thanks for the advice

Some servers (more unofficial) play on clusters whereby you can transfer between those servers, but not without the cluster. Platform is Xbox/PS4/PC. 

PC is a little different in that there are two versions - Steam and Windows 10. If you buy the W10 version you get it on Xbox and vice versa, but you can only cross play on certain cross play servers. The Steam version isn't compatible with Xbox players.

The server you are playing on may be a part of a cluster of servers. You can transfer between the maps that are a part of this cluster, but can not take your character to a different cluster.

I may be wrong with this, or there may be some admin loop hole (I only play official PC/Xbox) that someone might be able to describe to you.

3 hours ago, Gigawaya said:

alright thanks for the info gents

Official: As others said, between server types (pve - pve, pvp - pvp, cross ark pvp - cross ark pvp)

Unofficial / SP: You can transfer your SP save (character, dinos, items) to any unofficial server that is not clustered with another server.  For example: You play single player but want to host or rent your own server. You can transfer to this server no problem from Single Player. 

Scenario 2: You start on an unofficial server, if they have a clustered group (say The Island also with Ragnarok) you can only transfer between these clustered servers and you cannot bring single player assets into these worlds.*

* There are exceptions if the host allows transfers - 99% of them will not and do not.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:43 AM, Bruvas78 said:

You can transfer between the maps that are a part of this cluster, but can not take your character to a different cluster.

I may be wrong with this, or there may be some admin loop hole (I only play official PC/Xbox) that someone might be able to describe to you.

Yeah I just found a way the other day. If you transfer out of your server to a full server, it will upload your character to ark data but not download it to any server because the server you selected was full. It will take you to the main menu and you choose any server and it will download the data.

I should mention I did this on Official PVP servers, I've never played unofficials or PVE so maybe its different with those but i doubt it. The cluster I was on had about 50 servers and all were basically dead except a few with 20s and a full Rag server. No idea how to do this if there isn't a full server on that cluster : /

Archived