Why not merge legacy and official servers?

CarpeDiemIn

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, crazyhobo said:

sadly they don't want this cause a lot of people hacked and glitched some bp's that where made and they don't want them to spead to the new servers

All bps are limited anyway

Duping and exploit still a prob on new servs too I recently saw  a rex 30khp 1400% melee...

Also a month ago they fixed a huge bug with the map( guess under meshing but its still nit fixed) a bug abused for 3 years, even on new servers..... I would be mad because of everything I left on legacy but damn I do need better rex stats than 14khp 461% melee hehe

Nothing changed when they released the new servers aside from them adding an absolutely horrible timer on uploads which was intended to stop duping, but it didn't do a thing except inconvenience everyone who doesn't dupe, and it made dupers more patient. For some reason wildcard always picks the 'fix' that screws over everyone, not just the offenders. Case in point was the blueprint nerf on legacy. Every bp i had was 100% legit obtained but because they screwed up and set the loot tables too high on fishing for ONE DAY, they nerfed EVERYONES blueprints regardless of if it was from fishing, or a loot crate, or anywhere else.

And of course we can't forget "legacy" with "zero support", which was more "shared punishment" for mistakes that wildcard made. Soon they'll wipe the rest of those legacy servers, and no doubt they'll be quite pleased with themselves. Wildcard seems to take much pleasure these kind of actions, kinda like how Jat joked about how great all our flyers will look as base decorations because of how useless the flyer nerf was going to make them.

I personally would like to see them merge. Any issues that have existed on legacy are the same as the new from what I have seen from being in tribes on the new and videos. Some tribes already have full tek bases, vaults full of loot, gigas after 7 months popping at 325-345 melee. Same stuff just different cluster. Even if Dino hatch was an issue they could do a melee nerf just like they did a flyer nerf. I at this point just don’t see why a merge would not be acceptable.

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I'm pretty much sure the main reason they isolated Legacy servers from new ones are wild baby dino hatching and re-taming and "unintelligent dino restoration by WC's support team" and not the BPs.

Pretty much this. You could get stupid stats by taming a baby dino and getting +50% bonus levels on it

36 minutes ago, Xzibit said:

Why just not make new servers...transfer all stuff\creatures\positionings (except glitches|undermapping and other problems) as it is on legacy server..and then delete legacy server so all players will be happy. Some part of buildings can broke surely but not all of them. 

Wait, what?

I won't be happy if legacy servers are deleted, I still play there.

I don't get why you want to transfer stuff in the first place, if you want it to be deleted anyway. 

1 hour ago, Xzibit said:

Why just not make new servers...transfer all stuff\creatures\positionings (except glitches|undermapping and other problems) as it is on legacy server..and then delete legacy server so all players will be happy. Some part of buildings can broke surely but not all of them. 

That seems like an unrealistic proposition. You cant copy a "stuff positioning save" and just cut out undermapped items. That would require a case by case thorough inspection of every server to find and remove those bases which would be unheard of.

Not to mention the creatures themselves are part of the problem, you dont want those transferred.

Finally, a less important point but people on legacy had a way to complete the alpha tek cave by avoiding the entire process on an archaeopteryx, which is unfair for new players who have to fight a boss.

Legacy dinos are cheat, legacy gear is duped. Why can't they mix? Seems rehtorical. Everyone had a chance to start new with everyone else. Just because legacy is dying (wich was always part of the plan) doesn't mean that because you didn't switch, you get to keep all your stuff. It's kinda like, ya snooze ya lose. You been snoozing for six months. Can't wait for legacy to officially die. Get some new servers up.

10 hours ago, VoidScape said:

As I've always heard Legacy servers were affected by a massive number of dupes/exploits prior to release that were fixed at release and that is why they are separated. Not sure if this is for sure the reasoning but it makes sense.

This is correct.

they are two separate ecosystems for a reason.

2 hours ago, Weiss said:

Wait, what?

I won't be happy if legacy servers are deleted, I still play there.

I don't get why you want to transfer stuff in the first place, if you want it to be deleted anyway. 

Ha)) I dont want legacy to be deleted. I`m on them. 

I mean that if the problem is in servers then why not to make new - make soft to allow tranferring, so all legacy players became new players - delete old legacy servers. Ok problem with stuff - leave player levels and 100|200 items they want to transfer.

If there is a problem with dinos\gear - so why dont just cut some parametres?

The main problem is that why i should again make my 100 lvl with lots of stuff\dinos etc..if already so much time wasted on playing? Easier to delete ark and go play football on street))) How many legacy servers now available? Surely thay are not all 70\70 players every minute...but they still got lots of players. Ok..leave 60% of servers if it is impossible to transfer between new ones. But leave them forever..not for few months...

14 minutes ago, Xzibit said:

Ha)) I dont want legacy to be deleted. I`m on them. 

I mean that if the problem is in servers then why not to make new - make soft to allow tranferring, so all legacy players became new players - delete old legacy servers. Ok problem with stuff - leave player levels and 100|200 items they want to transfer.

If there is a problem with dinos\gear - so why dont just cut some parametres?

The main problem is that why i should again make my 100 lvl with lots of stuff\dinos etc..if already so much time wasted on playing? Easier to delete ark and go play football on street))) How many legacy servers now available? Surely thay are not all 70\70 players every minute...but they still got lots of players. Ok..leave 60% of servers if it is impossible to transfer between new ones. But leave them forever..not for few months...

If you can transfer items and dinos then it lets you leak out duped and exploited things, and ruins the point of separating the servers, and is frankly a slap in the face for everyone who got booted off their repurposed legacy servers for nothing in the previous migrations.

2 hours ago, Rhinenorr said:

Legacy dinos are cheat, legacy gear is duped. Why can't they mix? Seems rehtorical. Everyone had a chance to start new with everyone else. Just because legacy is dying (wich was always part of the plan) doesn't mean that because you didn't switch, you get to keep all your stuff. It's kinda like, ya snooze ya lose. You been snoozing for six months. Can't wait for legacy to officially die. Get some new servers up.

The same issues that plagued legacy are on the new official. That reasoning is invalid. The duped gear that was on legacy is mainly gone and Mega tribes on new have far more at this point (not to mention duping is not a thing on legacy at this point). The original plan was not to delete legacy either.

2 hours ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

The same issues that plagued legacy are on the new official. That reasoning is invalid. The duped gear that was on legacy is mainly gone and Mega tribes on new have far more at this point (not to mention duping is not a thing on legacy at this point). The original plan was not to delete legacy either.

I tend to agree with you duped gear and bps, a lot of that has probably been let go and duping is still a thing. There are also caps on item stats that apply on server restart anyway. The problem is the dinos... through mistakes on WC supports part there were unachievable god dinos introduced into the legacy servers. They were bread and those bloodlines proliferated. Of course, most of those dinos are gone now too, BUT someone somewhere almost certainly has taken the time to save them either in some hidden barn, as eggs, etc. on legacy just in case the servers ever get merged because they would be so valuable if so. It only takes 1 of those dinos to eventually corrupt the new official "legitimate" dino blood.

I personally think though that at this point WC ought to give folks some mechanism to transfer when they do legacy server wipes (Great Migrations). It's not what people are looking for, but I see no harm at this point in at least allowing naked toons to be transferred.

13 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

I tend to agree with you duped gear and bps, a lot of that has probably been let go and duping is still a thing. There are also caps on item stats that apply on server restart anyway. The problem is the dinos... through mistakes on WC supports part there were unachievable god dinos introduced into the legacy servers. They were bread and those bloodlines proliferated. Of course, most of those dinos are gone now too, BUT someone somewhere almost certainly has taken the time to save them either in some hidden barn, as eggs, etc. on legacy just in case the servers ever get merged because they would be so valuable if so. It only takes 1 of those dinos to eventually corrupt the new official "legitimate" dino blood.

I personally think though that at this point WC ought to give folks some mechanism to transfer when they do legacy server wipes (Great Migrations). It's not what people are looking for, but I see no harm at this point in at least allowing naked toons to be transferred.

I agree, however they could do a melee, health nerf just like the flyer nerf. I do question if there is an actual cap on melee though. It took legacy 11/2 to 2 years to get gigas at 345 melee, only took new servers 7 months.

I agree on that, they should at least allow a naked toon to be transferred to the new official servers. I do not see any harm in that, we spend a lot of time getting the end game tekgrams and get your char deleted so you need to redo all again is a real kick in the “coconut”. 

Legacy players have spend a lot of time already with that char so.. 

Archived