Why not merge legacy and official servers?

CarpeDiemIn

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Legacy servers were filled with not only duped items, but OP ones from unbalanced mechanics in the early stage of the game. Let's take in example fished blueprints, anyone remember? In addition, breeding lines are not legit; most of the stats were obtained from taming wild babies or from restored creatures by GMs before they set a max level to their policy, and so on. There is too many reason as to why they should not and won't ever be merged together. We all know that they could merge them today if they wanted to, but that would be a very stupid move if you ask me and that for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. In conclusion, if you still play on legacy, you made a choice and accepted the fact that your progression will be wiped at some point and you have to assume it.

I agree with you 100%. So much so ... I'm gradually moving to the new cluster, though I still maintain 1 base in the legacy.

But the example I posted was that, really if W.C. wants to merge the legacy with a new cluster, it's just a matter of decision.

Technically they can do this. This is more than right.

For that reason, I still maintain my old legacy base. As everything in W.C. is unpredictable, it may be that one day the merge may happen.

And if my legacy server is deleted, then I'll already have a scratchable base on the new cluster, and my gameplay will not stop. :Jerbfat:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Legacy servers were filled with not only duped items, but OP ones from unbalanced mechanics in the early stage of the game. Let's take in example fished blueprints, anyone remember? In addition, breeding lines are not legit; most of the stats were obtained from taming wild babies or from restored creatures by GMs before they set a max level to their policy, and so on. There is too many reason as to why they should not and won't ever be merged together. We all know that they could merge them today if they wanted to, but that would be a very stupid move if you ask me and that for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. In conclusion, if you still play on legacy, you made a choice and accepted the fact that your progression will be wiped at some point and you have to assume it.

Exactly. Well said.

The devs told everyone loud and clear when they decided to bring in the new servers that legacy servers would at some point be deleted all together. Those that continued to play on legacy servers knew about this and yet chose to ignore it.

It cannot be expected of those that made the right choice and moved to new servers to have to put up with duped items and dinos with inflated stats that would wreck the balance on the new servers just so a handful of legacy players don't throw a fit. Let them throw their fit when their server gets deleted, its their own fault.

12 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Exactly. Well said.

The devs told everyone loud and clear when they decided to bring in the new servers that legacy servers would at some point be deleted all together. Those that continued to play on legacy servers knew about this and yet chose to ignore it.

It cannot be expected of those that made the right choice and moved to new servers to have to put up with duped items and dinos with inflated stats that would wreck the balance on the new servers just so a handful of legacy players don't throw a fit. Let them throw their fit when their server gets deleted, its their own fault.

I believe W.C. Stated that they would remove low pop servers and would continue to release new maps, but would not support tickets.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:39 PM, Danielnz00 said:

So since the admin support on legacy servers has stopped and server amounts getting lower, the chaos and use of expliots/glitches/bugs has esculated to total extreme, Under meshing of bases is a regular thing,  its got the point where players have to get under the mesh under there own bases to build defences to try and stop it, any bug/glitch/exploit thats out and open to the ark community is in use without policing, with server amounts getting lower and lower and with more closures, complete chaos has been formed, huge mega alliances have been formed and huge wars spill out into entire server wipes/meshing, the small guys hit first and easy, the GOD animals (Rexs born with 47k health, 1300melee) are king, once leveled hitting the cap of 449 (450 they get deleted) they finish with health 100k+ 2000melee, dropping of rexs from quetz has become a thing, with such high health and melee, they can chew through dinos and soak bullets like they the terminator, it can take up to 7 other gods to stop it before to much damage is done, Legacy is slowly becoming a KING OF THE HILL Situation, and an option needs to be made to allow player only data transfer from legacy to official possible, to help the loyal continue on with their characters and finally end lagacy pain

Dupping is still done on new (even though it is more difficult to do). As far as under meshing is concerned I here of this occurring often on the new servers. As far as the over powered tames a simple nerf similar to a flyer nerf could be applied 

On 6/23/2018 at 12:38 AM, DJRone89 said:

This thread should have died with Jat’s comment stating a merge wasn’t possible anyway, as much as the self-hard done by wanted it.

At the end of the day, legacy players chose to stay instead of starting over on official because they couldn’t let go. Migrating each time a server cull happens is becoming too much for them, so they propose a merge.

I conclude; this is the thought process of legacy to official players: “Oh you left to start on the official cluster 10 months ago? Well I stayed on my own accord, but it would be unfair for me to start over when you’ve had such a head start.”

This could not be further from the truth! Players such as my self dedicated time to get where we are, as life changes so does the time allowing us to enjoy ark. I do not have as much time available to play as I did. We are at the point where we can run  boss fights and do the ascension something we would not have had the opportunity to do had we switched to new. Even now (months in advance) we prepare for the extinction maps so we will have the opportunity to enjoy the new maps. 

On 4/18/2018 at 7:35 AM, Klakky said:

All bps are limited anyway

Duping and exploit still a prob on new servs too I recently saw  a rex 30khp 1400% melee...

Also a month ago they fixed a huge bug with the map( guess under meshing but its still nit fixed) a bug abused for 3 years, even on new servers..... I would be mad because of everything I left on legacy but damn I do need better rex stats than 14khp 461% melee hehe

you do know 30k hp and 1400 melee is a pretty average rex lol... would have nothing to do with duping anyway

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Link or it didn't happen.

You and I may have correctly read between the lines that eventually all legacy servers would be gone. In fact I'd take this further and say that as soon as the last DLC is released player base starts to wane the "new" official servers with low population will start disappearing too. However, at no point, to my knowledge (and I looked hard at the time) did devs or anyone with official credentials say that all legacy servers would eventually be wiped. In fact, I remember them bending over backwards to make it sound like that wasn't going to be the case, while leaving the possibility of it happening open.

5 hours ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

This could not be further from the truth! Players such as my self dedicated time to get where we are, as life changes so does the time allowing us to enjoy ark. I do not have as much time available to play as I did. We are at the point where we can run  boss fights and do the ascension something we would not have had the opportunity to do had we switched to new. Even now (months in advance) we prepare for the extinction maps so we will have the opportunity to enjoy the new maps. 

Of course you wouldn't have such an easy time doing ascension on new, legacy players were able to do it with ghillie and an archaeopteryx, because there was no boss. In that logic it would be unfair to new cluster players who have to switch their entire strategy because of the presence of the overseer.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Of course you wouldn't have such an easy time doing ascension on new, legacy players were able to do it with ghillie and an archaeopteryx, because there was no boss. In that logic it would be unfair to new cluster players who have to switch their entire strategy because of the presence of the overseer.

Sorry but I don’t see your point. There is an overseer that you must fight on the legacy servers. The time that it takes to get to this point takes some time, breeding rexes, maintaining tames, maintaining the base, getting the boss fight items, the ascension items defending from raiders and crafting gear takes up a lot of time. 

2 hours ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

Sorry but I don’t see your point. There is an overseer that you must fight on the legacy servers. The time that it takes to get to this point takes some time, breeding rexes, maintaining tames, maintaining the base, getting the boss fight items, the ascension items defending from raiders and crafting gear takes up a lot of time. 

Legacy has existed before the overseer was even a thing. So I and many others (pretty much everyone, because there was no point in  bringing dinos at the time) cheesed the entire challenge with archaeopteryx. When new officials launched with the game, the overseer was implemented, thus new servers didnt get to easily do the cave between the period of time where the tek cave was implemented and where the overseer was. This gives a huge advantage to legacy players who were active at that time, as they could get alpha ascension super easily.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:42 AM, CarpeDiemIn said:

I personally would like to see them merge. Any issues that have existed on legacy are the same as the new from what I have seen from being in tribes on the new and videos. Some tribes already have full tek bases, vaults full of loot, gigas after 7 months popping at 325-345 melee. Same stuff just different cluster. Even if Dino hatch was an issue they could do a melee nerf just like they did a flyer nerf. I at this point just don’t see why a merge would not be acceptable.

Another thing is in Legacy the Obi's were not build restricted and some areas on the various maps were not restricted for building, on official servers now they are.

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Legacy has existed before the overseer was even a thing. So I and many others (pretty much everyone, because there was no point in  bringing dinos at the time) cheesed the entire challenge with archaeopteryx. When new officials launched with the game, the overseer was implemented, thus new servers didnt get to easily do the cave between the period of time where the tek cave was implemented and where the overseer was. This gives a huge advantage to legacy players who were active at that time, as they could get alpha ascension super easily.

That would place us at the same disadvantage as you, as we completed the ascension just a few months ago.

24 minutes ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

That would place us at the same disadvantage as you, as we completed the ascension just a few months ago.

My point is not about you specifically then. It's about the thousands of people who did it the easy way.

I have to say this is not really one of the main arguments to not merge with legacy, it's just an extra point to consider.

A number of different issues here can be resolved by simply creating limitations to exiting the Legacy cluster and entering the New cluster. It could even be called the great migration. But yes it is possible to limit the things that can transferred between servers. How? Because it's software. But the migration would simply be a way to shift everybody off legacy and open new servers.

Ok Ok ... there will be no merge between legacy and new. It's all right.

But please, somebody explain to me .. If the legacies will be turned off in the near future, then why every day new players begin in the legacies ???

I'm talking this with evidence, because in my legacy server every day has new players, who just bought the game.

They do not go to new servers because they just do not know. They just bought the game, and they're like noobs, learning. They do not know the difference of a dilo and a dodo ... worse yet they know the difference between legacy and new.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Ok Ok ... there will be no merge between legacy and new. It's all right.

But please, somebody explain to me .. If the legacies will be turned off in the near future, then why every day new players begin in the legacies ???

I'm talking this with evidence, because in my legacy server every day has new players, who just bought the game.

They do not go to new servers because they just do not know. They just bought the game, and they're like noobs, learning. They do not know the difference of a dilo and a dodo ... worse yet they know the difference between legacy and new.

Do you tell said noobs that they have no customer support for when things go bad?

Is your new argument that legacy should be mergerd, be for the sake of said noobs who don’t know any better even though you choose to withhold vital information from them, because you need your server to sustain a stable population to avoid a potential migration?

15 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Do you tell said noobs that they have no customer support for when things go bad?

Is your new argument that legacy should be mergerd, be for the sake of said noobs who don’t know any better even though you choose to withhold vital information from them, because you need your server to sustain a stable population to avoid a potential migration?

Argument to be merged?

I never said that was an argument for that. What I'm saying is ... if the legacy servers will be shut down in the near future, then why are they still open to new players?

Should not they be "closed"? Should they not allow access only to established players?

It's strange to allow new players to access servers that will soon be gone.

1 hour ago, arrojado1200 said:

I never said that was an argument for that. What I'm saying is ... if the legacy servers will be shut down in the near future, then why are they still open to new players?

Should not they be "closed"? Should they not allow access only to established players?

It's strange to allow new players to access servers that will soon be gone.

You want legacy servers to be whitelisted (aka exclusive join) to only EA players?

47 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You want legacy servers to be whitelisted (aka exclusive join) to only EA players?

It's not that I want ... but I wonder about it.

If legacys servers have their days counted, why are they open to new players?

Would this be to make more players suffer? Because I know very well how it is you have to give up 2 years of your life, thrown away because your server will close.

I find that unfair to new players.

Mainly because many new players do not know of all this history and division between legacy and new.

2 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

It's not that I want ... but I wonder about it.

If legacys servers have their days counted, why are they open to new players?

Would this be to make more players suffer? Because I know very well how it is you have to give up 2 years of your life, thrown away because your server will close.

I find that unfair to new players.

Mainly because many new players do not know of all this history and division between legacy and new.

An exclusive join list would be the only way to disallow new players.

It has been requested to add a message when joining legacy.

A player actively has to filter servers to get to legacy. The default doesn't show legacy.

• 3 months later...

Archived