Why not merge legacy and official servers?

CarpeDiemIn

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Ok yeah, true that ;) I mean even for pvp with all the duped items you see in a lot of pvp vids, it would be an insane disadvantage for every new player.

Dude,

You obviously don't play legacy.  The duped items and duped bases died with the turret change.  it was impossible to protect these massive duped tech bases with only 100 turrets.  it can't be done.  In fact, you can see videos on Youtube of people demo dropping these bases.  All the servers I have visited don't have massive duped bases anymore either.   Also...The tribes that were the major duping violators all moved to the new cluster.  The bases they left behind auto decayed with a lot of the items, and when that didn't happen WC has done two server sweeps to shut down low population legacy servers only to add them to the new cluster.  The duping issue is non-existent as the major duping violators have had TONS of time to dupe on the new cluster making things even.

Second, A 1400% rex is called thousands and thousands of hours of breeding, it is not a cheat or a glitch.  WC only capped the dinos level, not the dinos stats.  Some people obviously don't understand how breeding works.  I have seen tribes tame a level 5 dino just so they can breed its oxygen and food into their breeding line, which frees up levels that can be bred into melee and health.  The only difference between legacy and new cluster dino lines is the amount of time those lines have been alive.  I am certain that competent breeders on the new cluster have already matched the legacy clusters dino lines. 

Also, the premise that the legacy cluster is full of large decaying bases with no place to build is false as well.  Auto decay and the turret change has fixed a lot of that.  I find tribes on legacy to be WAY more helpful than tribes on the new cluster.  The new cluster is cut throat, where legacy tends to be more accepting when a new tribe moves onto the server.  Before the split there were entire servers that were held by alpha tribes that were KOS (Kill on Site) meaning they wouldn't even let a beach bob build a thatch hut on 'their server'.   There is not a single server on legacy that is KOS or held just for a single tribes use. 

The only thing that lacks is any Wildcard Support on legacy, which I think is stupid.  The people that play on legacy PAID for the game just as people on the new cluster.  Having two clusters that are not connected is actually kind of nice as well, as it gives Wildcard two different instances to look at for balance purposes etc. 

4 minutes ago, BT20 said:

Yeah the devs aren’t about to introduce vaults of tek behemoths and all maxed out 450 lines into new servers and no one should expect that to happen if anything you should expect more of you’re empty dead servers to be deleted.

Your not thinking clearly.  A dino hits 450, the server deletes it.  You are aware of that right?   Also, in your mind you see bases full of vaults filled with duped items.  Who is maintaining these bases?  What servers are these bases located on?   Here is a hint.... they don't exist.  Those bases auto decayed, were demoed with the turret change, or were on a server that was shut down.  There are no vaults of duped items on these servers; in fact all the duper are now on the new cluster.   Don't subject legacy to all the new clusters duped items, cheats, hacks, undermeshing, and other crap you all do over there. 

9 minutes ago, ac273 said:

Second, A 1400% rex is called thousands and thousands of hours of breeding, it is not a cheat or a glitch.  WC only capped the dinos level, not the dinos stats.  Some people obviously don't understand how breeding works.  I have seen tribes tame a level 5 dino just so they can breed its oxygen and food into their breeding line, which frees up levels that can be bred into melee and health.

Did I say that those stats are cheated? Guess not, the only thing i said was there would be no reason to breed at game release cause you can just buy those stats. I know how breeding works, thanks.

As said, I can only reference pvp videos, if you fly around every server and raid every base there is and there are no duped items, guess im wrong. 

9 minutes ago, ac273 said:

The people that play on legacy PAID for the game just as people on the new cluster.

Yeah, but you all agreed to the fact that it is early access, meaning that it is not forever. WC should have closed down a lot more servers from legacy and release as new or wipe them entirely to have enough servers for their player base. In every other game, WoW, Conan Exiles, you name it - basically every game with an alpha or an early access phase does a total wipe of that data. And that there are still legacy servers is a bad expirience for every player that paid 60$ for the game. Because you haven't paid 60 for it, you paid 10-15 max, so pls.

@ac273 if no one is maintaining the duped servers why do they still exist why dose this argument even exist huh well it doesn’t matter anyways dupe or not because there’s a bigger problem that would ruin new servers.

the real problem is the maxed out lines (449 Dino’s) that don’t exist on regular servers not to mention the fiasco about a year ago with all the dev spawned Dino’s just because they were capped and deleted doesn’t mean they weren’t bred into “sleeper lines” keeping the stats.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, CarpeDiemIn said:

Why not merge legacy and official servers?

Because they're not going to.

The only reason Legacy exists is because Wildcard went all shriveled and limp when a bunch of whining children started screaming about how "unfair" it was that Wildcard was going to wipe "all our hard work" on release. (Even though WC made their plans clear for years) WC appeased the Veruca Salts rather than sticking to their word, and created Legacy with a sort of planned obsolescence program.

Legacy servers will not be merged, they are going extinct. I'd recommend getting comfortable with that sooner rather than later.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:16 PM, iStephano said:

I agree on that, they should at least allow a naked toon to be transferred to the new official servers. I do not see any harm in that, we spend a lot of time getting the end game tekgrams and get your char deleted so you need to redo all again is a real kick in the “coconut”. 

Legacy players have spend a lot of time already with that char so.. 

Your request is nearly word-for-word the reasoning given for why WC prevented Legacy-to-Official transfers. They separated the two so EA players would have to start all over again on new Officials and no one would have a quantifiable advantage over new players...and here you are with "...but all I want to do is transfer all my player progress so I don't have to start all over again!!"

...no. That would be the exact opposite of the reasoning for the separation.

8 hours ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

I have been on the new servers as well 397 I believe, server pop was roughly 7 thoughout the week only lag was the usual rag lag. Did you choose to move to a high pop server? If so then that would explain the lag. 

I did not chose to join to a high pop server, was a new server when they launched it. Been on it since day 1 but people seems to join everyday since it’s a “new server” with low days on it... 

So problem now it’s like 50-60 players and counting and new players join it non stop

7 hours ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Did I say that those stats are cheated? Guess not, the only thing i said was there would be no reason to breed at game release cause you can just buy those stats. I know how breeding works, thanks.

As said, I can only reference pvp videos, if you fly around every server and raid every base there is and there are no duped items, guess im wrong. 

Yeah, but you all agreed to the fact that it is early access, meaning that it is not forever. WC should have closed down a lot more servers from legacy and release as new or wipe them entirely to have enough servers for their player base. In every other game, WoW, Conan Exiles, you name it - basically every game with an alpha or an early access phase does a total wipe of that data. And that there are still legacy servers is a bad expirience for every player that paid 60$ for the game. Because you haven't paid 60 for it, you paid 10-15 max, so pls.

Bought 3 games 1 for each of my sons (I have 2) and myself (I paid 15 for mine and 60 for my sons) for the early access and all DLC’s for each account $255.00. Don’t believe that wow nor Conan had the same depth that this game has nor the time invested 

18 hours ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

Wildcard would have lost many players had they done a wipe. I don’t believe the purpose of legacy was for players to “wipe themselves” ( I am unsure of the reasoning behind that please explain). If anything ark transfer introduces the wipe element that remains on both clusters. For evidence of this either team up a mega tribe and do a server wipe or watch a YouTube video if you do not have that option.

WC made Legacy servers Because they backed themselves into a corner by saying they would not wipe.

Tribes that moved on to new servers effectively wiped themselves.

By offering No Admin/support for legacy servers... WC knows its only a matter of time till they are all abandoned.... eventualy.

All they need do is sit back and wait.

15 hours ago, ac273 said:

Second, A 1400% rex is called thousands and thousands of hours of breeding, it is not a cheat or a glitch. 

This is not true. 

Remember the 380 anky's we had on legacy? Those weren't "legit" anky's. Its very easy to spot, just look at the speed base level as speed can't get any mutations on it. Yet the 380 anky's had a speed level of 58. Ever seen a 58 clean stat? I guess not because it's impossible through the intended mechanics. The same goes for these rex's 

2 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Last night we bred our sabres and got a 297 female with a 100% imprint. Today we started with a metal run at the volcano. Took 2 argys and an anky. Didnt get a ton of metal, but enough for now. Came home with 1k metal, 300 or so crystals and 300 obsidian. Im probably going to leave an anky up there sometime soon and a bunch of forges and fast travel and gather a few times a day and pick up the ingots every few days. Atleast until we find a more fruitfull place for metal.

After the metal we went on a frog hunt. I grabbed the 1st frog I saw and it was a lvl 180 male. I set it down on a safe rock and the wife takes to back to base to tame. I then start searching for a female and find a purple 165, purple is my wifes favorite color :). So i take it back and we get both frogs prime tamed. 

Next we take the frogs out to the swamp for paste. I was running short on time so we only grabed enough for a sap tap. We rush home and I make the tap and rush to the redwood to place it. While I doing that my wife makes us each a set of flak armor. And that was it for the day. 

Tomorrow we get snails and do another metal run and we may throw together a makshift water breeding pen to breed our frogs

Cool story, but completely offtopic.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:40 AM, DarthaNyan said:

I'm pretty much sure the main reason they isolated Legacy servers from new ones are wild baby dino hatching and re-taming and "unintelligent dino restoration by WC's support team" and not the BPs.

Can you elaborate on this "Wild" baby dino hatching and re-taming? How can you tame dinos that are unclaimed (not imprinted)

46 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Can you elaborate on this "Wild" baby dino hatching and re-taming? How can you tame dinos that are unclaimed (not imprinted)

There was a bug that made tamed dinos to give birth to wild (untamed) babies if server was at tame cap. Born wild babies were tamable resulting in another bonus to levels form TE.

It has been fixed but some throwbacks to it still remain: if server is tame-capped any new raft you place will be wild (yellow name).

Guest DJRone89
17 hours ago, ac273 said:

Your not thinking clearly.  A dino hits 450, the server deletes it.  You are aware of that right?   Also, in your mind you see bases full of vaults filled with duped items.  Who is maintaining these bases?  What servers are these bases located on?   Here is a hint.... they don't exist.  Those bases auto decayed, were demoed with the turret change, or were on a server that was shut down.  There are no vaults of duped items on these servers; in fact all the duper are now on the new cluster.   Don't subject legacy to all the new clusters duped items, cheats, hacks, undermeshing, and other crap you all do over there. 

I take you play legacy on every platform right, so Steam, Xbox, and PS4? Duping took place on every platform so for you to say that the items no longer exists would mean you have first hand knowledge on every single server of each platform.

4 hours ago, Vesuvious said:

WC made Legacy servers Because they backed themselves into a corner by saying they would not wipe.

Tribes that moved on to new servers effectively wiped themselves.

By offering No Admin/support for legacy servers... WC knows its only a matter of time till they are all abandoned.... eventualy.

All they need do is sit back and wait.

Don’t get me wrong, eventually interest would be lost and so would a large portion of the  player base that remained. I would suggest to merge the servers to combat this issue. 

1 hour ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

Don’t get me wrong, eventually interest would be lost and so would a large portion of the  player base that remained. I would suggest to merge the servers to combat this issue. 

Large portion of these players? You mean these 100 casuals, who stayed there?

Yeah, lets merge servers and break new servers with duped/OP BPs from legacy/prenerf times. Let bring these 250+ apprentice weapons and armors with 1k+ dura.

If you want to keep playing on same server, just download save and you can have that server forever.

Merging really doesn't matter as others have cited for some reasons. They also don't really matter on the grander scale of things because with each reduction/repurposing of legacies they do, they replace as newer official servers, -but- continue to reduce the overall server numbers.  Prior to August 29th we had 950 or so official servers on steam for example.  Post the purge it was in the 700's both of new and legacies combined.  Then later in the fall more new officials were added and then by dec when aberration was released more of those servers were added bring the total to around 840.

Then the start of March saw another legacy server purge and the current total is around 823(when some aren't offline as some tend to be always so somewhere).  If I had to speculate, I'd say by the end of the summer another legacy purge may occur with a similar result and then again once Extinction releases to make way for those servers but still reducing overall totals accordingly.

So remember, this is intentionally being slowly done.  Asking for mergers are pointless thus because not only the afore mentioned legacy slow purging but the overall intent by Wildcard to make less the numbers of servers they maintain.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, FluffyDinoPartey said:

So I guess you have access to my steam account.  I paid WAY more than $10-$15 you cite if you count the fact that I paid for the game, then bought scorched when it first came out, and then bought a season pass after that.  (Which i did)  So 'please' yourself....   I am not a lone example of players that have done this and prefer the better community of players that play on legacy.  The new cluster is full of the 'Win at all costs' tards that will glitch, hack, and cheat just so they can feel good about themselves.  The best thing that happened to legacy was the new cluster as it removed a lot of the BS. 

Also, there is a mistaken impression that the legacy servers are empty.  I often see legacy servers with a higher population than half the new cluster. 

What I can't understand is why you all are so concerned about a server cluster that doesn't affect you in any way.  The only reason you should be concerned with Legacy is if you actually play there.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, BT20 said:

@ac273 if no one is maintaining the duped servers why do they still exist why dose this argument even exist huh well it doesn’t matter anyways dupe or not because there’s a bigger problem that would ruin new servers.

the real problem is the maxed out lines (449 Dino’s) that don’t exist on regular servers not to mention the fiasco about a year ago with all the dev spawned Dino’s just because they were capped and deleted doesn’t mean they weren’t bred into “sleeper lines” keeping the stats.

I have seen a few 449 dinos around, but honestly they are not that good.  The better lines of dinos hatch at around 330-340 as they have been bred with lvl 5 tames to reduce the non-desirable stats.  Like I said, competent breeders on the new cluster have had plenty of time to reach the same levels. 

Also, like i said.  The people that play on legacy don't want to be merged with the new cluster.  it sounds like you all don't want legacy on new cluster either, so everyone seems to be in agreement.

1 hour ago, ac273 said:

Also, like i said.  The people that play on legacy don't want to be merged with the new cluster.  it sounds like you all don't want legacy on new cluster either, so everyone seems to be in agreement.

Yes, most of us agree that they shouldn't be merged. As nice as it is to see people agreeing with each other, it's also important to ensure that the conclusions are based on facts and reality. Yours, not so much.

Your primary argument seems to be that a merge shouldn't happen because Legacy is free of cheaters, exploiters, and duped items. You argue that if a merge happened, Legacy would be ruined by Official because official is chock-full of duped items and cheaters. That's what people are - rightfully - questioning about your argument and the conclusion you have drawn.

I know this seems like a pedantic splitting of hairs, but it's important to differentiate for those who visit this forum looking for accurate information. 

22 hours ago, isu said:

Large portion of these players? You mean these 100 casuals, who stayed there?

Yeah, lets merge servers and break new servers with duped/OP BPs from legacy/prenerf times. Let bring these 250+ apprentice weapons and armors with 1k+ dura.

If you want to keep playing on same server, just download save and you can have that server forever.

Have not seen any 1k dura armor (I have seen 400-500 dura asc riot) might be possible to hit 1k dura with a maxed craft character but unlikely. There are moore than 100 players on legacy top 10 servers usually around 20 players at peak with several servers hovering around 5 then of course you have 2 pages  of 1-2 player pop. Sadly download safe is not an option for my platform. It would be difficult to break the new servers as they are already broken and plagued with the same issues. Basically “the same but different” lol

note: I am referring to pvp legacy xbox

19 hours ago, ac273 said:

I have seen a few 449 dinos around, but honestly they are not that good.  The better lines of dinos hatch at around 330-340 as they have been bred with lvl 5 tames to reduce the non-desirable stats.  Like I said, competent breeders on the new cluster have had plenty of time to reach the same levels. 

I would actually invite a merge as it would eliminate the probability of the server or servers from getting deleted.

Archived